Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Atlantis Explained!

Rojack

On 2/27/2023 at 6:01 AM, Rojack said:

The largest city of Atlantis was the grand city. It was on the Yucatan peninsula way up near the mountains.

Should be very easy to find then - way above sea level, not prone to massive earthquakes.  Probably be able to spot it on Google Earth even :tu:

Phelon: On this plateau (Yucatan) of many acres in extent, where the gradually rising ground began to break into the foothills, the whole surface had been leveled and paved with some soft material, of which the Atlantans alone knew the secret. This hardened under the action of the sun and atmosphere, until it was like adamant.

And whilst that may not be visible from the air, it should be immediately apparent to any ground investigation.

So, anyone can very easily prove that Atlantis either existed or you're completely and utterly wrong.   Just need a week's holiday to the Yucatan :) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Essan said:

Should be very easy to find then - way above sea level, not prone to massive earthquakes.  Probably be able to spot it on Google Earth even :tu:

And whilst that may not be visible from the air, it should be immediately apparent to any ground investigation.

So, anyone can very easily prove that Atlantis either existed or you're completely and utterly wrong.   Just need a week's holiday to the Yucatan :) 

Yes that mysterious stuff he was referring to we now call 'limestone'. I spent three summers in Yucatan doing archy stuff as a student and later trips as a shovel bum and tourist. There are ruins everywhere but oddly nothing that one might call, 'Atlantean'. Unless you think the Mayan were but they didn't come into existence until thousands of years later. Before them in the Archaic period? Vagueness and HG groups related it is thought to the later Maya. No known use of the resources in that time period, no copper or zinc/arsenic sources for bronze that I recall either. No sign of  extensive ship building until much later with the development of the salt trade.

Oh and it didn't sink....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

14 hours ago, Rojack said:

Sorry everyone, but I have to use books and magazines for references. Otherwise, I will be caused of making stuff up. In discussions like this, we all have to use references. They are required.

Has it ever dawned upon you that the quality and validity of your "references" is of rather significant import? Copying selectively excerpted, notably dated, and discredited rubbish may not be advantageous to your tragically flawed "argument".

Also, the specific citation for your repeatedly stolen quotes should be included with each and every stolen quote. You are engaging in plagiarism, a rather cardinal sin.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

But we can definitely rule out Bouyan, in some stories the island in the Baltic that came and went with the tides. Only place that could have been was Tornikangas, central Finland. Everything else would have remained gone with the tide.

The story I just read started off in Greek Myth as an Island at the edge of the sea to the east…

Ended up being the Baltic ?!? Marvellous

Edited by Frank_Hoenedge
  • Confused 1

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • 2 months later...

Atlantis Mystery Solved!

Hello Atlantis ReSearchers. I believe that North America was once the continent of Atlantis.  To support this theory, I will present my research information for your review and discussion: However, some of the language has changed over time. I will ask a question, show Plato’s text, and show what I believe is the answer to that question. This way, we can study Plato’s language and make changes. The research information needed to solve the mystery is presented in a series of articles? You may have to review some the info more than once. The following posts have slight changes.

This theory is not supported by science.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Rojack said:

This way, we can study Plato’s language and make changes.

So we should all follow a crash course in Greek language? And did you?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rojack said:

Atlantis Mystery Solved!

Hello Atlantis ReSearchers. I believe that North America was once the continent of Atlantis.  To support this theory, I will present my research information for your review and discussion: However, some of the language has changed over time. I will ask a question, show Plato’s text, and show what I believe is the answer to that question. This way, we can study Plato’s language and make changes. The research information needed to solve the mystery is presented in a series of articles? You may have to review some the info more than once. The following posts have slight changes.

Maybe you should start by asking this: Are anyone interested ?

I'm not.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Rojack said:

Atlantis Mystery Solved!

You’re no teacher and we’re not your students. Many, possibly most of us passed your knowledge level decades ago. The Writers Forum is on the main page, lower down the list. 

cormac

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

I'm not.

I am.

Obviously he assumes he has new proof for his theory.

I can't wait to read about it.

I only hope it won't be a language-fest.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Abramelin said:

I am.

Oh there’ll be a feast, it just won’t be language. :w00t:

cormac

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

I am.

Suuuuure he has....

I admire your optimism though. :rolleyes:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Abramelin said:

So we should all follow a crash course in Greek language? And did you?

I don’t think it matters what language we read Plato in. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Antigonos said:

Yeah, it’ll just end up a multi-lingual crap fest. 

cormac

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Antigonos said:

We all know that it was originally written in English. Afterall that is the language of America. :whistle:

• Haha 7

15 hours ago, Rojack said:

Atlantis Mystery Solved!

That's a given......

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

I'm not.

Sorry to hear that.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rojack said:

Sorry to hear that.

Well you are back to discuss, again,  your theory which is not based on science - well Rojack that just seems like a complete waste of time. If it has no factual basis shouldn't you take this to a board where fantasy and make believe is discussed?

Edited by Hanslune
  • Like 7

On 5/29/2023 at 11:03 AM, Hanslune said:

I believe Atlantis storytellers used three different names in describing the Gulf of Mexico: the ocean, the basin, and the sea. Plato called it the sea and the ocean. Dr phelon called it a basin. Map:

https://goo.gl/maps/a5LjeVKhQot2Y2BV9

Good advice. Before I go, what would it take  to show you that Atlantis is associated with Florida.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rojack said:

, what would it take  to show you that Atlantis is associated with Florida.

What would it take? Something called evidence, instead of your opinions, dismissal of facts, and a stubborn belief in the idea that if you just keep repeating the same claims over and over again they will somehow become true.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, Rojack said:

Good advice. Before I go, what would it take  to show you that Atlantis is associated with Florida.

Geological, archeological and genetic evidence.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Atlantis: The first royal palace sat on a hill with three  moats around it. Two and a half moats were destroyed leaving the hill and a partial moat. One spring is still in place today.  The three large canals are still in place. Plato gives their measurements. He did not mention the second royal palace.

https://goo.gl/maps/iyJGwSsD4dPC6jDd9

https://goo.gl/maps/p9pA83Pc5V4McpNW7?coh=178571&entry=tt

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Rojack said:

Atlantis: The first royal palace sat on a hill with three  moats around it. Two and a half moats were destroyed leaving the hill and a partial moat. One spring is still in place today.  The three large canals are still in place. Plato gives their measurements. He did not mention the second royal palace.

https://goo.gl/maps/iyJGwSsD4dPC6jDd9

https://goo.gl/maps/p9pA83Pc5V4McpNW7?coh=178571&entry=tt

Hi Rojac

And evidence of the palace is where, where is alll the material used to  build it and surely the foundation would still be there?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• The topic was locked