Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Atlantis Explained!

Rojack

6 hours ago, Kenemet said:

So what's the source of these maps?  is it some reliable site or was it ganked from MidJourney or another AI?

Off Twitter 

2 hours ago, Hanslune said:

Why are you suggesting that who ever made these maps knew where Atlantis was instead of just speculating? What about other maps that show it elsewhere?

1280px-Atlantis_Kircher_Mundus_subterran

old-map-of-atlantis-print-800x800.jpg

Early 20th century

james-churchwards-map-showing-how-he-tho

I haven’t suggested anything other than a age old connection to America as being Atlantis 

6 hours ago, Abramelin said:

Isn't that map based on Francis Bacon's novel "New Atlantis"?

Yes now that you mentioned it. You are a genius 

image.thumb.jpeg.f2fe789a20093cade0fbec08d49d486f.jpeg

Edited by Unusual Tournament
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Rojack said:

I believe everything in red once belonged to Atlantis. According to Plato, Atlantis also owned surrounding islands and much much of Europe.

It's a *fake map* - this is like saying you know where Atlantis is based on a map of Tolkien's Middle Earth.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Kenemet said:

Yeah.  Faked.

Francis bacon inspired?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kenemet said:

Well, it IS 'hammy'...

He must have boar-owerd it from someone else

• Haha 2

I know I can't prove anything with what we have here. I get it. This is a discussion thread. 

21 hours ago, Rojack said:

According to Plato, Atlantis also owned surrounding islands and much much of Europe.

Now in this island of Atlantis there was a great and wonderful empire which had rule over the whole island and several others, and over parts of the continent, and, furthermore, the men of Atlantis had subjected the parts of Libya within the columns of Heracles as far as Egypt, and of Europe as far as Tyrrhenia.

http://classics.mit.edu/Plato/timaeus.html

The other part of Plato's Atlantis can be found in his Critias:

http://classics.mit.edu/Plato/critias.html

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Rojack said:

I know I can't prove anything with what we have here. I get it. This is a discussion thread. 

You can’t prove anything based on what Plato ACTUALLY says nor the topography/bathymetry/archaeology that shows verifiable evidence that what Plato claimed never happened. 

cormac

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Abramelin said:

Now in this island of Atlantis there was a great and wonderful empire which had rule over the whole island and several others, and over parts of the continent, and, furthermore, the men of Atlantis had subjected the parts of Libya within the columns of Heracles as far as Egypt, and of Europe as far as Tyrrhenia.

@Rojack

If the Atlantians came from Florida, then where is the archaeological proof they 'subjected' western Europe or northern Africa?

There is none.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Rojack said:

I know I can't prove anything with what we have here. I get it. 

Then go out and get some. Then get back to us.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Rojack said:

We have tried to discuss things with you, but it's hard to have a real discussion when you simply ignore anything you don't like. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

We have tried to discuss things with you, but it's hard to have a real discussion when you simply ignore anything you don't like. 

It doesn’t help with him making false claims about what Plato said either. 

cormac

Edited by cormac mac airt
  • Like 7

7 hours ago, cormac mac airt said:

It doesn’t help with him making false claims about what Plato said either. 

cormac

Hey since we were talking about fake maps this is a good one published in 1916 - shows how maps are not always useful sources of information: 349115971_6184593608298253_2673774915114

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Hanslune said:

Hey since we were talking about fake maps this is a good one published in 1916 - shows how maps are not always useful sources of information: 349115971_6184593608298253_2673774915114

Considering that the largest ethnic group in the U.S. is German, the map is pretty accurate 

• Haha 1

"German-Americans make up the largest self-reported ancestry group within the United States accounting for roughly 49 million people and approximately 17% of the population of the US."[6] 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_Americans

America’s largest ethnic group has assimilated so well that people barely notice it

https://www.economist.com/united-states/2015/02/05/the-silent-minority

Edited by Unusual Tournament
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/7/2023 at 10:06 AM, Abramelin said:

@Rojack

If the Atlantians came from Florida, then where is the archaeological proof they 'subjected' western Europe or northern Africa?

There is none.

You have to sort things out the way I did. You can not do it in the debunking mode. Find the hill in Tampa  and work from there. It is not easy. It is surrounded by three large canals.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Rojack said:

You have to sort things out the way I did. You can not do it in the debunking mode. Find the hill in Tampa  and work from there. It is not easy. It is surrounded by three large canals.

All of your proof is based on very recent constructions.

I won't sort things out like you did because you IGNORE every scientific proof thrown at you.

You stubbornly stick to some phantasy story cooked up by a freemason.

• Thanks 2

@Pineyonce told me that if ancient Americans had visited Europe, ànd conquered parts of Europe from the Atlantic European and North African coast up to Egypt (as Plato suggested the Atlantians did) then there would be proof of introduced diseases. Zoönotics or something.

And we would have found skeletal and archaeological proof of ancient Americans invading Europe and northern Africa.

There is NO evidence any of that EVER happened.

• Thanks 2

On 6/7/2023 at 7:31 PM, Rojack said:

Then fkg DISCUSS !!

You do not discuss, you just keep repeating nonsense you read in a book written by an idiot.

• Thanks 2

• The topic was locked