Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Atlantis Explained!

Rojack

On 1/30/2023 at 11:27 PM, Rojack said:

Here is the first part of the ditch that surrounds Florida.

https://goo.gl/maps/bn7fPPbRYGtoTqGs7

Here is another part. https://goo.gl/maps/mLxBMd4VYoZVBUPa9

Here is where the ditch ends near Tampa.

https://goo.gl/maps/MGYG8VodZjzBhPeB7

Sea level is higher now, however you can follow the ditch around to Tampa.

What are we talking about? Ditches or Mountains? 

They pretty much opposites of each other 

• Like 3

On 1/29/2023 at 4:49 AM, Rojack said:

It's very simple. Atlantis had Plainwith specific measurements. Florida has a Plain with the same measurements. You are smart enough to make to confirm the measurements. However, you choose to look the other way.

I bet you we could find a few 100 places with the same size measurements. 

AND - you claim the whole of the Americas was Atlantis - not just Florida. - see whats going to happen next? 

• Like 3

On 1/29/2023 at 6:41 AM, Rojack said:

According to Plato, The continent of Atlantis was North America. Make that comparison. Numbers don't lie.

According to you - NOT Plato. #justsaying 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 1/29/2023 at 8:09 AM, cormac mac airt said:

But you do!

From Critias: 

And a bathymetric photo overlaying what would look like a 3000 X 2000 stadia plain in Florida would appear as follows: 

683287852_BathymetryontopofPlatos3000X2000stadiasizeofthePlainofAtlantis.thumb.jpg.6b29afc3cdf3e9d6b4a0b4c73f88f103.jpg

There's no plain there and the red rectangle is the 3000 X 2000 stadia size of Plato's Plain. From the mainland of what is now Florida to the western most side of the plain is a drop of 800+ feet. Next bit of fiction from you?

And the above DOESN'T include the 10,000 stadia DITCH Plato says surrounds the plain. 

cormac

Oh no - you just used logic. HOW DARE YOU.

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Peter Cox said:

Oh no - you just used logic. HOW DARE YOU.

It’s a terrible job but somebody has to do it. :w00t:

cormac

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

On 1/28/2023 at 8:49 PM, Rojack said:

It's very simple. Atlantis had Plainwith specific measurements. Florida has a Plain with the same measurements. You are smart enough to make to confirm the measurements. However, you choose to look the other way.

Show us this plain in Florida which measures 3000 X 2000 stadia in size. 

cormac

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

It’s a terrible job but somebody has to do it. :w00t:

cormac

Hahahah well if its anyone here my vote it you... :) lol 

Notice: this is not to offend all the other very logical and sensible minds here (just making sure the woke movement is not offended :) ) 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, cormac mac airt said:

cormac

Well I could but Greenland has not crashed into Florida yet. hahahahahah okay ill stop now. 

• Haha 4

On 1/31/2023 at 5:04 AM, Tom1200 said:

"Why is nobody at NASA blogging about Bigfoot cities on Mars? 

Excellent question. 

There was a fringe writer Lloyd Pie, of "Starchild" fame, whose idea IIRC was that Earth was a penal planet and the Annunaki sent bigfoot here as prisoners. So, makes sense they would have cities on Mars.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Peter Cox said:

Well I could but Greenland has not crashed into Florida yet. hahahahahah okay ill stop now. 

Minced into!

rs_560x320-160523115005-Lost_in_Space_GI

Harte

Edited by Harte
  • Haha 3

Just now, Harte said:

Minced into!

rs_560x320-160523115005-Lost_in_Space_GI

Harte

May the force be with you, live long and prosper. 

• Like 2

Harte

• Haha 3

Maybe we should arrange for a debate between Rojack, Mario Dantas, docyabut2 and Petty Talk ? That would be interesting..... in a trainwreck sort of way. :rolleyes:

Legend have it that if you mention Mario Dantas three times, Mario Dantas will appear. So please don't mention Mario Dantas a third time.

Oh no what have I done. :cry:

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy
  • Haha 8

23 hours ago, Trelane said:

This guy....

I'm convinced, it's Flordia. Always has been.:lol:

Plato described a hill surrounded by three moats. This hill held the royal palace. The hill and one moat are still in place. See if Plato's story match the map.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Tampa,+FL/@27.9382821,-82.4487956,190m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x88c2b782b3b9d1e1:0xa75f1389af96b463!8m2!3d27.950575!4d-82.4571776?hl=en&authuser=0

Also, notice that they bridged over the moats.

14 hours ago, Peter Cox said:

BUT - as you state Atlantis was never washed away / sunk. hmmmm double standard much? 

It doesn’t have to be a double standard if I’m “completely and utterly wrong”

This thread contains many a sunken ruin, Cuba, Bimini Atoll etc… These sunken cities would make sense if the civilisation referred to in the Critias / Timaeus dialogue had:

Multiple Ports

A protected central Bureaucratic centre.

If any of these sunken structures relate to a meaningful time in pre-history then a map like this one could be centred:

There are some poignant scientific concepts at the 2:52 mark. 

Similarly, it should be possible to debunk the failed sites with more evidence.

• Like 3

660025356_SeaLevelaroundFloridacirca12000BP.jpg.c054e4109c295ca6ca7f369db285f954.jpg

The above shows the bathymetry around Florida, the black line on the left is the sea level circa 10,000 BC when Plato's Atlantis allegedly existed and is circa 60+ meters/197+ feet lower than it is now. There is no way a 3000 X 2000 stadia/345 mile X 230 mile plain ever existed there let alone the 10,000 stadia/circa 1150 mile ditch Plato wrote surrounded same. Not possible. 

cormac

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

11 hours ago, cormac mac airt said:

cormac

The whole state of Florida is a pain. Look it up. However, there a larger hill called Sugar Loaf mountain. Read your map. It is a good start.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Rojack said:

The whole state of Florida is a pain. Look it up. However, there a larger hill called Sugar Loaf mountain. Read your map. It is a good start.

No, it’s not, the geology as well as the topography shows it’s not. Repeating your lie doesn’t make it true. 

cormac

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Rojack said:

Try again: 

plain,

any relatively level area of the Earth’s surface exhibiting gentle slopes and small local relief. Plains vary widely in size. The smallest occupy only a few hectares, whereas the largest cover hundreds of thousands of square kilometres—as, for example, the Great Plainsof North America and the expanse of gently undulating land that sweeps from the Pyrenees Range on the French–Spanish border across northern Europe and Asiaalmost halfway around the world nearly to the Bering Sea.

https://www.britannica.com/science/plain

Florida, as a whole, does not qualify as a plain especially of the size Plato details as well as more than 30% of Florida is wetlands which further negates the “plain” designation overall. 

cormac

• Like 5

5E1AA64B-04CA-4D63-B8C3-C01D1E77B5AE.thumb.jpeg.91ea9ccb45017332d99615c6ae1454e8.jpeg

As can be seen Florida is NOT a plain to any appreciable extent. 

cormac

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Rojack said:

Maybe you should look it up. And while you at it look up how to read maps and topography. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Atlantis Has Been Found!

Hello New Comers,

Help us Solve this Great World-Wide Mystery!

What’s going on! I have searched Plato’s story of Atlantis and made a  deduction that North America was the continent of Atlantis.  I will present the information for your review and discussion: I will ask a question, show Plato’s text, and show what I believe is the answer to that question. Let’s go back and study Plato’s language. However, some of the language has changed over time. However, most of the research information needed to solve the mystery is presented in this series of brief articles? You may have to review some the info more than once.

Question: Where was Atlantis?

Plato: “and there was an island situated in front of the straits which are by you called the Pillars of Heracles; the island was larger than Libya and Asia put together and was the way to other islands,” https://goo.gl/maps/7c4HzkPPd9d9FP5J7

All the Americas together are about 18 million sq. miles.

All the areas of Libya and Asia together are about 18 million sq. miles.

Answer: When Plato said that the island-continent that held Atlantis was larger than Asia and Libya put together, he was referring to all the Americas together as an island-continent. He also referred to the Americas together as the boundless continent. The landmass he was referring to his quote. It was not the small island of Atlantis Plato was describing.  North America was the continent of Atlantis. Later, you will learn about the small island of Atlantis. Also, the royal palace sat on a hill in the city of Atlantis. It had three moats around it. Also, this hill was mistranslated as a mountain. That hill, which is still in place today, caused confusion. Remember, Plato had no maps of the Americas. But you do.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Rojack said:

Atlantis Has Been Found!

Hello New Comers,

What’s going on! I have searched Plato’s story of Atlantis and made a  deduction that North America was the continent of Atlantis.  I will present the information for your review and discussion: I will ask a question, show Plato’s text, and show what I believe is the answer to that question. Let’s go back and study Plato’s language. However, some of the language has changed over time. However, most of the research information needed to solve the mystery is presented in this series of brief articles? You may have to review some the info more than once.

Plato: “and there was an island situated in front of the straits which are by you called the Pillars of Heracles; the island was larger than Libya and Asia put together and was the way to other islands,” https://goo.gl/maps/7c4HzkPPd9d9FP5J7

Answer: When Plato said that the island-continent that held Atlantis was larger than Asia and Libya put together, he was referring to all the Americas together as an island-continent. He also referred to the Americas together as the boundless continent. The landmass he was referring to his quote. It was not the small island of Atlantis Plato was describing.  North America was the continent of Atlantis. Later, you will learn about the small island of Atlantis. Also, the royal palace sat on a hill in the city of Atlantis. It had three moats around it. Also, this hill was mistranslated as a mountain. That hill, which is still in place today, caused confusion. Remember, Plato had no maps of the Americas. But you do.

Ah, nothing like the classic maneuver: The Fringe Reset. Pretend your idea wasn't shredded, so ignore the previous 127 pages and do it all over again....chuckle

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Rojack said:

Atlantis Has Been Found!

Hello New Comers,

Making stuff up does NOT make it true. 

• Like 1

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked