Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Atlantis Explained!

Rojack

2 hours ago, Essan said:

No in Florida :P

But we have conclusive physical evidence that Atlantis wasn't Florida.    It's called Florida ;)   

Florida was not all of Atlantis, it was the Plain of Atlantis. Also, Florida was in one of the ten countries in North America called Atlantis. The first city of Atlantis was in Tampa.

55 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

https://ahotcupofjoe.net/2019/01/how-the-discovery-of-atlantis-made-big-news-then-faded-away/

The “circles” found by Merlin Burrows were experimental ponds used in 2004 and 2005 to measure zooplankton dispersal rates and are located within Caracoles estate (37°07’N, 6°31’W, Fig. 1) in Doñana National Park (Southwest Spain).

The question was discussed in this archive post.

• Thanks 3

59 minutes ago, Rojack said:

Florida was not all of Atlantis, it was the Plain of Atlantis. Also, Florida was in one of the ten countries in North America called Atlantis. The first city of Atlantis was in Tampa.

Florida was no part of Plato’s Atlantis. He placed it in a specific location and of a specific size and point in time that DOES NOT correspond to Florida. You’ve only managed to co-opt the name to make it what YOU want it to be. Your fantasy has nothing to do with Plato. 

cormac

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Windowpane said:

The question was discussed in this archive post.

Ah, I see: Van Gorp started that thread. And I think I know why.... Think Oera Linda Book thread, heh.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Rojack said:

Plato described a hill where the royal palace was located. The hill was surrounded by three moats. There were also two springs in the area. If I can show you the hill, will you accept it as evidence?

I'm not interested in what you're seeing and incorrectly interpreting. I'm interested in physical evidence that applies to the description. Again, why have no buildings, shards of pottery, sunken vessels, or any physical evidence ever been found there?

• Like 3

Plato described an Atlantis plain that extended out into the Atlantic Ocean. That plain is the state of Florida. Check  the measurements if you don’t trust me.

During the flooding, the Florida Plain was turned into an impassable shoal of mud. This means that the terrain features Plato wrote about are still in place today above ground. My argument and the material I post here are designed to support Plato’s story as true. Also, Plato assumed that the continent sunk. It didn’t sink.

• Sad 1

Since there is no real archeological evidence to support Plato’s story, I   used the terrain featuresPlato described to get clues as to where to find the lost city. I use excerpts from Plato writing, map links, and text to point to the terrain features. Without a match of the three, we have only assumptions, speculation, and guesses. By linking the terrain features, literature, and maps, we will have evidence.

This is How so we get to the Florida Plain?

Plato: “Looking towards the sea, but in the centre of the whole island, there was a plain which is said to have been the fairest of all plains and very fertile.”

My belief: Looking towards the sea, from the center of the whole landmass, there is the plain which is said to have been the fairest of all plains and very fertile.

See it on the map: https://goo.gl/maps/zWmtoJHHbqAbuMS67

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

Since when have the Daily Mail been considered a reliable source on archeology ? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

So, we have Atlantis in:

• North America
  • South America
  • Mexico
  • Bahama 's
  • Antarctica
  • Scandinavia
  • North Sea
  • Sahara
  • Iberia
  • the Mediterranean (4)
  • Sundaland
  • Australia
  • Azores
  • Greenland
  • France
  • and?
Edited by Abramelin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

So, we have Atlantis in:

• North America
  • South America
  • Mexico
  • Bahama 's
  • Antarctica
  • Scandinavia
  • North Sea
  • Sahara
  • Iberia
  • the Mediterrenean (4)
  • Sundaland
  • Australia
  • Azores
  • Greenland
  • France
  • and?

Atlantic City, New Jersey. :w00t:

cormac

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Adding to my former post:

Mediterranean:

• Spartel Island
  • Sardinia
  • Crete/Thera
  • Cyprus
Edited by Abramelin

12 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

Adding to my former post:

Mediterranean:

• Spartel Island
  • Sardinia
  • Crete/Thera
  • Cyprus

And of course: the Black Sea, Ireland, the Channel (or the Celtic Plain or something), and may the gods know where else.

Edited by Abramelin
  • Like 1

Why is this still a thing? I mean just lets use common sense here my guy. There is only one writing about this mythical city. Correct? And your telling me since the story of Atlantis was created your the first one to interperet it the right way? While countless others(actual scientist) that thought they had it right and actually went looking for it and found nothing. Not to mention your putting atlantis so far from the culture that created it. Also that culture had little to no knowledge of the Americas. That makes no sense. How could you think this ? Maybe because you believe theres some truth behind the Bermuda triangle? Well thats my guess because there is litterally no reason one should believe atlantis was in Florida. Thats just dumb to believe because if it was true then how could you fit Disney World there too.

Edited by InconceivableThoughts

55 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

So, we have Atlantis in:

• North America
  • South America
  • Mexico
  • Bahama 's
  • Antarctica
  • Scandinavia
  • North Sea
  • Sahara
  • Iberia
  • the Mediterranean (4)
  • Sundaland
  • Australia
  • Azores
  • Greenland
  • France
  • and?

I remember someone arguing at length that Atlantis was in Romania and another arguing for the Indian Ocean. Hey we even had a thread about Atlantis being on Mars. :alien:

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

I remember someone arguing at length that Atlantis was in Romania and another arguing for the Indian Ocean. Hey we even had a thread about Atlantis being on Mars. :alien:

Damn, and I thought I had caught them all.

Edited by Abramelin
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

Damn, and I thought I had caught them all.

Lets face it, no one will ever catch them all. :no:

You included some I didn't know, like Sundaland and France.

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy

12 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Lets face it, no one will ever catch them all. :no:

You included some I didn't know, like Sundaland and France.

And I forgot about another one: Aldland/Atland from the Oera Linda Book.

And not only that, but there was a poster in that thread, who suggested that Aldland/Atland was a space station. I remember his name, it was Eli.

• Like 1

Sundaland is the Indonesian Archipelago, many thousands of years ago.

France, that is something I will have to look up in my library. It was an article in some new-age magazine, called "Bres". And when I was 40-plus years younger, I bought that magazine regularly. If possible, I will make a photo, and post it here.

Edited by Abramelin
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, InconceivableThoughts said:

Why is this still a thing? I mean just lets use common sense here my guy. There is only one writing about this mythical city. Correct? And your telling me since the story of Atlantis was created your the first one to interperet it the right way? While countless others(actual scientist) that thought they had it right and actually went looking for it and found nothing. Not to mention your putting atlantis so far from the culture that created it. Also that culture had little to no knowledge of the Americas. That makes no sense. How could you think this ? Maybe because you believe theres some truth behind the Bermuda triangle? Well thats my guess because there is litterally no reason one should believe atlantis was in Florida. Thats just dumb to believe because if it was true then how could you fit Disney World there too.

What if I showed you the small island of Atlantis with three large canals around it? Would you believe it then?

Just now, Rojack said:

What if I showed you the small island of Atlantis with three large canals around it? Would you believe it then?

My god, canals?

Truly, basic irrigation was a secret known only to the Atlanteans, and not an aspect of every single human civilization, ever. 

Next you’ll be implying Atlantis had agriculture. Maybe even trade. Then, who knows, writing and building. 

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

• This topic was locked and unlocked
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked