Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Atlantis Explained!

Rojack

13 hours ago, joc said:

You can see by the map that Atlantis is either in the Gulf of Mexico or the Hudson Bay.

What happened to the obvious land mass that was there before...?

Will the real Atlantis please rise up?

gulfs.png.dc3841646983d31ec6f74376eaff1f6e.png

Please tell me this is a sick Joke of some kind. there are 100's of bays, lakes ETC that we could say the same about. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Peter Cox said:

Please tell me this is a sick Joke of some kind. there are 100's of bays, lakes ETC that we could say the same about. 

Awesome!  You clearly see then the futility of insisting that Atlantis is off the coast of Florida!  That's my whole point!  Thanks for making it Peter!  :yes:

Not that the point hasn't already been cemented into place by others here numerous times...just another brick in the wall here...yes, it's a sick, twisted joke...B)

Edited by joc
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, joc said:

Awesome!  You clearly see then the futility of insisting that Atlantis is off the coast of Florida!  That's my whole point!  Thanks for making it Peter!  :yes:

Not that the point hasn't already been cemented into place by others here numerous times...just another brick in the wall here...yes, it's a sick, twisted joke...B)

hahahah :) always a pleasure :) 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, joc said:

You can see by the map that Atlantis is either in the Gulf of Mexico or the Hudson Bay.

What happened to the obvious land mass that was there before...?

Will the real Atlantis please rise up?

gulfs.png.dc3841646983d31ec6f74376eaff1f6e.png

It can only be the plain at the Gulf of Mexico. According Plato, the plain of Atlantis Produced two crops a year. That could never happen with the one inHudson Bay.

• Confused 1

Brookes-land doesn’t exist and has nothing to do with Plato’s Atlantis in any case. 

cormac

• Like 3

If you must take Plato literally - then I’d be looking at regions where elephants are native. Which would make Africa and India the prime places of interest 

25 minutes ago, Unusual Tournament said:

If you must take Plato literally - then I’d be looking at regions where elephants are native. Which would make Africa and India the prime places of interest 

There were relatives of elephants in North America back then: mammoths and mastodonts.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Rojack said:

It can only be the plain at the Gulf of Mexico. According Plato, the plain of Atlantis Produced two crops a year. That could never happen with the one inHudson Bay.

The Gulf of Mexico and Florida are NOT IN FRONT OF the Pillars of Hercules.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

There were relatives of elephants in North America back then: mammoths and mastodonts.

Fine! Rojack wins. Lol

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Unusual Tournament said:

Fine! Rojack wins. Lol

No, the score is like Us - Rojack: 125- 1.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I'm just reading this news, but I didn't see it here on the forum. I don't think it's directly related to this thread, but I'm not sure where else to post this.

Remains Of 7,000-Year-Old Civilization Found Along Miami River

https://www.bisnow.com/south-florida/news/construction-development/prehistoric-findings-human-remains-found-at-related-group-site-near-brickell-117578

A groundbreaking archaeological discovery at a massive project site on the Miami River from one of Miami's most prominent developers has kicked off a debate about how to properly preserve the city's history amid a historic economic boom.

Archaeologists have uncovered remains of a civilization that dates back 7,000 years on the south bank of the Miami River and west of the Brickell Avenue bridge, including tools, spear heads, structural elements and human remains that indicate ritual buriaks.

17 minutes ago, flying squid said:

I'm just reading this news, but I didn't see it here on the forum. I don't think it's directly related to this thread, but I'm not sure where else to post this.

https://www.bisnow.com/south-florida/news/construction-development/prehistoric-findings-human-remains-found-at-related-group-site-near-brickell-117578

A groundbreaking archaeological discovery at a massive project site on the Miami River from one of Miami's most prominent developers has kicked off a debate about how to properly preserve the city's history amid a historic economic boom.

Archaeologists have uncovered remains of a civilization that dates back 7,000 years on the south bank of the Miami River and west of the Brickell Avenue bridge, including tools, spear heads, structural elements and human remains that indicate ritual buriaks.

Nice article but I really detest it when a source misuses or misrepresents something as a civilization when the available evidence doesn’t support it as such. 

cormac

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Abramelin said:

The Gulf of Mexico and Florida are NOT IN FRONT OF the Pillars of Hercules.

They are exactly in front of it. Exactly!  On the other side of the ocean.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, flying squid said:

First of all, thanks for the info. It helps us understand how the people of Atlantis lived a long time ago. Other researchers have found cities that date back much further. For instance, Tampa  dates back   more than 12,000 years. Find Plato's story or Atlantis online and read it for free.

29 minutes ago, Rojack said:

Try again, 35 degrees 45 minutes north which exits out of the Mediterranean runs EXACTLY into North Carolina. 

And you’re still nowhere near Cadiz, Spain. 

cormac

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Rojack said:

ITS NOT IN AMERICA........ NOT NOT NOT.... What are you not understanding? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, cormac mac airt said:

Try again, 35 degrees 45 minutes north which exits out of the Mediterranean runs EXACTLY into North Carolina. 

And you’re still nowhere near Cadiz, Spain. 

cormac

Yes, but none of that matter when you are making stuff up and disregarding what Plato said. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Rojack said:

First of all, thanks for the info. It helps us understand how the people of Atlantis lived a long time ago. Other researchers have found cities that date back much further. For instance, Tampa  dates back more than 12,000 years. Find Plato's story or Atlantis online and read it for free.

As already well illustrated, not as you would attempt to portray it.

Preface: The following will contain admittedly harsh terms that are not a part of my normally applied vocabulary, nor have they ever been personally applied within the context of these pages. However, there are times…

Perhaps this may be a time for you to spend a few hours (days? weeks? months?) contemplating your actions. As has been well demonstrated (and credibly documented) by quite a number of capable and knowledgeable contributors, your “fantasy” has been shown to be clearly and egregiously false. Your “fantasy” is demonstrably not only a falsehood, but your insistent perpetuation of such is a blatant lie.

By extension that makes you a liar, one of the worst condemnations of an individual’s character that can be made.

So you might wish to ponder such matters in regards to your present and future personal status and credibility, both privately and publicly. Do you really wish to go through the rest of your life as a labeled liar, particularly on a global scale?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

59 minutes ago, Swede said:

Preface: The following will contain admittedly harsh terms that are not a part of my normally applied vocabulary, nor have they ever been personally applied within the context of these pages. However, there are times…

Perhaps this may be a time for you to spend a few hours (days? weeks? months?) contemplating your actions. As has been well demonstrated (and credibly documented) by quite a number of capable and knowledgeable contributors, your “fantasy” has been shown to be clearly and egregiously false. Your “fantasy” is demonstrably not only a falsehood, but your insistent perpetuation of such is a blatant lie.

By extension that makes you a liar, one of the worst condemnations of an individual’s character that can be made.

So you might wish to ponder such matters in regards to your present and future personal status and credibility, both privately and publicly. Do you really wish to go through the rest of your life as a labeled liar, particularly on a global scale?

Well said. :) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Swede said:

At the very best its delusional and ignorance and as you stated on the other side it is blatant lying.

Miss-representing things is lying.  

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Rojack said:

I think one of the translations says "facing" instead of "in front of" :

https://www.wordhippo.com/what-is/another-word-for/in_front_of.html

So, whatever translation you are using, you are still wrong.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, flying squid said:

I posted earlier in this thread about the Windover People. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Peter Cox said:

At the very best its delusional and ignorance and as you stated on the other side it is blatant lying.

Miss-representing things is lying.  

Hi Peter. You seem to be upset so let me apologize to you and others who take my research personally. In the end we all know that Atlantis is a myth until proven otherwise. Thanks for your input.

17 minutes ago, Rojack said:

In the end we all know that Atlantis is a myth until proven otherwise.

And you didn't prove otherwise.

The end.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, Rojack said:

Hi Peter. You seem to be upset so let me apologize to you and others who take my research personally. In the end we all know that Atlantis is a myth until proven otherwise. Thanks for your input.

We know two things. Plato’s Atlantis is a myth AND you have mangled and misrepresented Plato’s story to the point of being irrelevant to what he said. 

cormac

• Like 7

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked