Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Atlantis Explained!

Rojack

13 hours ago, Rojack said:

Hi Peter. You seem to be upset so let me apologize to you and others who take my research personally. In the end we all know that Atlantis is a myth until proven otherwise. Thanks for your input.

I'm not upset for 1 second, i promise you, you dont have that much influence over my life to make me upset. 

Im perplexed that after EVERYTHING presented to you, that you carry on down the same road that leads nowhere. Its not upset its confusion that someone (you in this case) are unable to understand what is debated with you so it is disregarded and you keep on and on and on about the same nonsense. 

Edited by Peter Cox
  • Like 2

Ok to rojack,  do your dimensions equate to this…?

First of all, he took away one part of the whole [1], and then he separated a second part which was double the first [2], and then he took away a third part which was half as much again as the second and three times as much as the first [3], and then he took a fourth part which was twice as much as the second [4], and a fifth part which was three times the third [9], and a sixth part which was eight times the first [8], and a seventh part which was twenty-seven times the first [27]. After this he filled up the double intervals [i.e. between 1, 2, 4, 8] and the triple [i.e. between 1, 3, 9, 27] cutting off yet other portions from the mixture and placing them in the intervals, so that in each interval there were two kinds of means, the one exceeding and exceeded by equal parts of its extremes [as for example 1, 4/3, 2, in which the mean 4/3 is one-third of 1 more than 1, and one-third of 2 less than 2], the other being that kind of mean which exceeds and is exceeded by an equal number. Where there were intervals of 3/2 and of 4/3 and of 9/8, made by the connecting terms in the former intervals, he filled up all the intervals of 4/3 with the interval of 9/8, leaving a fraction over; and the interval which this fraction expressed was in the ratio of 256 to 243. And thus the whole mixture out of which he cut these portions was all exhausted by him.”

as the Pythagorean tuning measurements do?

The system dates to Ancient Mesopotamia;[4] see Music of Mesopotamia § Music theory. The system is named, and has been widely misattributed, to Ancient Greeks, notably Pythagoras (sixth century BC) by modern authors of music theory, while Ptolemy, and later Boethius, ascribed the division of the tetrachord by only two intervals, called "semitonium", "tonus", "tonus" in Latin (256:243 × 9:8 × 9:8), to Eratosthenes. The so-called "Pythagorean tuning" was used by musicians up to the beginning of the 16th century. "The Pythagorean system would appear to be ideal because of the purity of the fifths, but some consider other intervals, particularly the major third, to be so badly out of tune that major chords [may be considered] a dissonance.”

Its a dissonance, a declination, this is the fall of Stlantis amd it’s not in the Americas I can assure you.

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, Rojack said:

In the end we all know that Atlantis is a myth

Bravo Rojack! You are on the road of healing. Just keep going, you have our support.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, flying squid said:

Bravo Rojack! You are on the road of healing. Just keep going, you have our support.

No, it’s not a “myth”.

Plato hated myths. 
You all need to read more Plato.

The Laws for instance gives a good insight to his mind and some clues to what he’s on about with the Atlantis philosophy.

Cle. Your remark, Stranger, is a paradox, and yet we cannot possibly deny it. “
http://classics.mit.edu/Plato/laws.1.i.html

More from Plato’s mind…

Cleinias. What do you mean? 
Ath. I mean that he might watch them from the point of view of time, and observe the changes which take place in them during infinite ages. 

Cle. How so? 
Ath. Why, do you think that you can reckon the time which has elapsed since cities first existed and men were citizens of them? 

Cle. Hardly. 
Ath. But are sure that it must be vast and incalculable? 
Cle. Certainly. 
Ath. And have not thousands and thousands of cities come into being during this period and as many perished? And has not each of them had every form of government many times over, now growing larger, now smaller, and again improving or declining? 

Cle. To be sure. 
Ath. Let us endeavour to ascertain the cause of these changes; for that will probably explain the first origin and development of forms of government. 

Cle. Very good. You shall endeavour to impart your thoughts to us, and we will make an effort to understand you. 

Ath. Do you believe that there is any truth in ancient traditions? 
Cle. What traditions? 
Ath. The traditions about the many destructions of mankind which have been occasioned by deluges and pestilences, and in many other ways, and of the survival of a remnant? 

Cle. Every one is disposed to believe them. 
Ath. Let us consider one of them, that which was caused by the famous deluge. 

Sound familiar…?

http://classics.mit.edu/Plato/laws.3.iii.html

• Like 1

7 hours ago, flying squid said:

You are all wrong. The Atlantis is not really lost, it's just hiding from Chuck Norris.

As I noted some years ago ( please note the comment under my avatar) that Atlantis was an artificially inflated island that float away. Rupert was there and I believe he was in some way responsible.

Edited by Hanslune
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Hanslune said:

As I noted some years ago ( please note the comment under my avatar) that Atlantis was an artificially inflated island that float away. Rupert was there and I believe he was in some way responsible.

Let me guess…we will all reduce ourselves to Rupert the Bear jokes instead of addressing anything said above…

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Puzzler said:

No, it’s not a “myth”.

Plato hated myths. 
You all need to read more Plato.

The Laws for instance gives a good insight to his mind and some clues to what he’s on about with the Atlantis philosophy.

Cle. Your remark, Stranger, is a paradox, and yet we cannot possibly deny it. “
http://classics.mit.edu/Plato/laws.1.i.html

After 15 years, I just changed my profile quote to this, that’s gold x

On 2/11/2023 at 7:39 PM, Rojack said:

Other Questions

See if you can find the answers on the Map.

Q Where are the mountains that protect the plain of Atlantis from cold weather?

Q Where are the water fountains of Atlantis?

Q Where are the three canals that surround the island of Atlantis?

Q Where are the treasures of Atlantis

Answers: Search “Harbour Island in Tampa”

The next quote should read as follows: And Poseidon, receiving for his lot the continent of Atlantis, begat children by a mortal woman, and settled them in a part of the continent, which I will describe. (This starts the story of Atlantis.)

Plato’s Story: http://classics.mit.edu/Plato/critias.html

The Island of Atlantis: https://goo.gl/maps/81Db8AT2k2JxF7vdA

Zoom in and out to see the whole plain.

And what happened to the Atlantis, Rojack? Was it swallowed up by the Bermuda Triangle?

OK I’m probably off topic anyway, with commonsense, I’ll leave you to the Bermuda Triangle, Chuck Norris and Rupert posts. Maybe I’ll start one on the logical answers to the Atlantis philosophy…which I’m sure will bore everyone to death. 

1 hour ago, The Puzzler said:

Let me guess…we will all reduce ourselves to Rupert the Bear jokes instead of addressing anything said above…

The Rupert Hanslune is talking about is a parrot, not a bear. Rupert used to live in Atlantis, so he knows what he is talking about. :P

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

The Rupert Hanslune is talking about is a parrot, not a bear. Rupert used to live in Atlantis, so he knows what he is talking about. :P

I can see the quote below his name thanks, I was being equally ridiculous. 

5 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

No, no he is a disembodied spirit who lives in a can of Hormel Chili (No beans) that sits on my computer desk. He was born October 14th 32,494 BCE (by our calendar - in his it was day 49 of the secondary discount year of the bleeding foot.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Hanslune said:

No, no he is a disembodied spirit who lives in a can of Hormel Chili (No beans) that sits on my computer desk. He was born October 14th 32,494 BCE (by our calendar - in his it was day 49 of the secondary discount year of the bleeding foot.

My mistake. I could have sworn he was a parrot.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

My mistake. I could have sworn he was a parrot.

Only on the 19th day after Harte changes his socks ( a yearly event)

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Hanslune said:

Only on the 19th day after Harte changes his socks ( a yearly event)

I've heard a rumors Harte was a high prospect for the Boston Red Sox in his youth.

• Like 1

Plato’s Story

North America was the continent of Atlantis, Florida was the giant plain of Atlantis, and Tampa Florida was the first City of Atlantis. North America and South America made up the boundless continent Plato wrote about. According to him, the continent of Atlantis was divided into ten kingdoms or countries. The country of Atlantis was one of those ten kingdoms. From that point of view, all of Plato’s terrain features can be accounted for and verified. That includes the hill that held the royal palace which had three moats around it. Because of errors in Plato’s work, researchers assumed that the island of Atlantis was circular. That was a huge mistake. The moats were circular but the island is triangular! This article takes you to the small triangular island of Atlantis which is  still surrounded by three large canals.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

<< Tampa Florida was the first City of Atlantis ...

Um ...

I think we've been here before, but never mind: let's have another go.

Tampa was established in the 19th century: that's the 19th century AD (and not any other mysterious time-scheme).

But Plato was writing in about the 4th century BC.  

That's about 2,400 years before Tampa was actually in existence.

So how could Tampa have been Atlantis ... ?  :huh:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/15/2023 at 1:06 PM, The Puzzler said:

B087CCDD-DFAF-4282-97D9-8EB7B8B97903.jpeg

That is ****ing Stephen King creepy! :unsure2:

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Rojack said:

Because of errors in Plato’s work

Errors?  Really?  Yeah, so many people wrote about Atlantis, right?  Errors? Really?  smh

• Like 3

On 2/6/2023 at 9:39 PM, Rojack said:

Atlantis Has Been Found!

Hello New Comers,

Help us Solve this Great World-Wide Mystery!

What’s going on! I have searched Plato’s story of Atlantis and made a  deduction that North America was the continent of Atlantis.  I will present the information for your review and discussion: I will ask a question, show Plato’s text, and show what I believe is the answer to that question. Let’s go back and study Plato’s language. However, some of the language has changed over time. However, most of the research information needed to solve the mystery is presented in this series of brief articles? You may have to review some the info more than once.

Question: Where was Atlantis?

Plato: “and there was an island situated in front of the straits which are by you called the Pillars of Heracles; the island was larger than Libya and Asia put together and was the way to other islands,” https://goo.gl/maps/7c4HzkPPd9d9FP5J7

All the Americas together are about 18 million sq. miles.

All the areas of Libya and Asia together are about 18 million sq. miles.

Answer: When Plato said that the island-continent that held Atlantis was larger than Asia and Libya put together, he was referring to all the Americas together as an island-continent. He also referred to the Americas together as the boundless continent. The landmass he was referring to his quote. It was not the small island of Atlantis Plato was describing.  North America was the continent of Atlantis. Later, you will learn about the small island of Atlantis. Also, the royal palace sat on a hill in the city of Atlantis. It had three moats around it. Also, this hill was mistranslated as a mountain. That hill, which is still in place today, caused confusion. Remember, Plato had no maps of the Americas. But you do.

Hi Rojac

Not likely there are many newcomers in a thread with 3200 posts so what new and dazzling gems do you have for us today?:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Rojack said:

Plato’s Story

North America was the continent of Atlantis, Florida was the giant plain of Atlantis, and Tampa Florida was the first City of Atlantis. North America and South America made up the boundless continent Plato wrote about. According to him, the continent of Atlantis was divided into ten kingdoms or countries. The country of Atlantis was one of those ten kingdoms. From that point of view, all of Plato’s terrain features can be accounted for and verified. That includes the hill that held the royal palace which had three moats around it. Because of errors in Plato’s work, researchers assumed that the island of Atlantis was circular. That was a huge mistake. The moats were circular but the island is triangular! This article takes you to the small triangular island of Atlantis which is  still surrounded by three large canals.

Ignorance is the greatest comfiture - John Carradine, 1959.

• Like 5

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked