Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Atlantis Explained!


Rojack

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

I just don’t go for trying to validate a myth. :rolleyes:
 

cormac

OK, I do. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, The Puzzler said:

This is the original.

F2CE5B16-99B4-46CD-B2FB-065DA642025F.jpeg

..and this comes from where?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, The Puzzler said:

OK, I do. 

Yeah, I know, and in as many locations as possible regardless of what Plato said. 
 

cormac

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, cormac mac airt said:

Yeah, I know, and in as many locations as possible regardless of what Plato said. 
 

cormac

I just ticking the no-goes off, eventually I’ll be left with the true answer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, cormac mac airt said:

Yeah, I know, and in as many locations as possible regardless of what Plato said. 
 

cormac

I've always liked Antarctica, New Jersey and Hokkaido

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, The Puzzler said:

Thanks, I should have remembered that myself. This is a memorable line I did recall, that sets the scientific value of Hs statement: 'Four times in this period (so they told me) the sun rose contrary to his wont; twice he rose where he now sets, and twice he set where now he rises' ....yeah those fine Egyptian fellows were making anything up....

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Hanslune said:

Thanks, I should have remembered that myself. This is a memorable line I did recall, that sets the scientific value of Hs statement: 'Four times in this period (so they told me) the sun rose contrary to his wont; twice he rose where he now sets, and twice he set where now he rises' ....yeah those fine Egyptian fellows were making anything up....

He was only relaying what he was told. Some might be total b.s but some is certainly true. 
but you’re statement is interesting….let’s write off all Egyptian  history as b.s, suits me.

Edited by The Puzzler
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, The Puzzler said:

I just ticking the no-goes off, eventually I’ll be left with the true answer.

The biggest no-go is that as written about it never existed. Co-opting the name Atlantis and force-fitting it to whatever location of the day is convenient doesn’t make it true nor is it respectful of the man who wrote the story. 
 

cormac

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

The biggest no-go is that as written about it never existed. Co-opting the name Atlantis and force-fitting it to whatever location of the day is convenient doesn’t make it true nor is it respectful of the man who wrote the story. 
 

cormac

Herodotus doesn’t mention Atlantis here. 
This is the original plan Abe asked for. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Respectful…I’m the most respectful person of Plato here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, The Puzzler said:

Herodotus doesn’t mention Atlantis here. 
This is the original plan Abe asked for. 

No it’s not, Abe asked for the Egyptian original. What you gave is neither Egyptian nor original to them, it’s ALL Herodotus. 
 

cormac

Link to comment
Share on other sites


 

1 minute ago, cormac mac airt said:

No it’s not, Abe asked for the Egyptian original. What you gave is neither Egyptian nor original to them, it’s ALL Herodotus. 
 

cormac

Did he, sorry I missed that unmentioned interpretation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, The Puzzler said:

Respectful…I’m the most respectful person of Plato here.

You’re really not as evidenced by how many times over the years you’ve “located” Atlantis somewhere other than where Plato wrote it was located. 
 

cormac

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, The Puzzler said:

Did he, sorry I missed that unmentioned interpretation.

Post 3367: 

Quote

We still have to find the Egyptian original ìf it existed at all.

cormac

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, The Puzzler said:

This is the original.

F2CE5B16-99B4-46CD-B2FB-065DA642025F.jpeg

Nah, that's from Manetho.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I really don’t care who the information suits, that’s what he states the Egyptian priests said.

Wrong or right, you have to get into their minds and out of if your own to understand anything they meant.

Edited by The Puzzler
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

You’re really not as evidenced by how many times over the years you’ve “located” Atlantis somewhere other than where Plato wrote it was located. 
 

cormac

Again, just u ticking them off my list.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

Post 3367: 

cormac

Oh right, I didn’t know that what the Egyptian priests said was not an ‘Egyptian original’….this is getting pedantically ridiculous.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

Nah, that's from Manetho.

No it’s not, Herodotus wrote it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, The Puzzler said:

No it’s not, Herodotus wrote it.

Wasn't his source Manetho?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Abramelin said:

Wasn't his source Manetho?

Considering Manetho lived in the 3rd century BC, I doubt it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, The Puzzler said:

Considering Manetho lived in the 3rd century BC, I doubt it.

Yeah, I found that out just now. I think I remember he also created a list of ancient pharaohs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

Yeah, I found that out just now. I think I remember he also created a list of ancient pharaohs.

He is interesting in his own right for sure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Okelybdokely, enough games.

Gobekli Tepe imo WAS a craftsman’s temple. equating with Ptah and Hephaestus, lore.

Sorry, wrong thread. 
I mean, Atlantis in the Americas is pure b******s,

 

Edited by The Puzzler
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.