Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Atlantis Explained!

Rojack

28 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

That is literally what you are doing yourself. 

Yes, you are correct. However, I'm basing by thinking on Plato's story, which was dictated to him by Critias. That is about as close as you can get to physical evidence. Both sides use Plato's story to support their reasoning. Both of us cannot be correct. Also, the written story describes real world terrain features. I call them tangible, physical evidence. So, I have both the story and physical terrain features backing me and my beliefs. Do you know who decided that Plato made up the story? That would be a start.

Roll up!  Roll up!  Play Lets Locate Atlantis!

The Rules:

a) Pick a square where YOU think Atlantis is/was/will be. 

b) Send me ten of something - pounds, euros, dollars, they're all good.

c) If you're right - you'll win!!!  It's really that simple.

Small print: maximum 100 guesses per square.  Maximum 10 000 entries per mug person.  If Atlantis is not found by 31 Dec 2099 one entry will be picked at random and declared the winner.  Please gamble responsibly.

image.thumb.png.37bb2f43bc4c59a81ad2611808f2fe20.png

Edited by Tom1200
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

21 minutes ago, Rojack said:

Yes, you are correct. However, I'm basing by thinking on Plato's story, which was dictated to him by Critias. That is about as close as you can get to physical evidence. Both sides use Plato's story to support their reasoning. Both of us cannot be correct. Also, the written story describes real world terrain features. I call them tangible, physical evidence. So, I have both the story and physical terrain features backing me and my beliefs. Do you know who decided that Plato made up the story? That would be a start.

Your verifiable evidence that Critias ever heard the story of Atlantis prior to Plato’s writings would be what exactly? 

cormac

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

Your verifiable evidence that Critias ever heard the story of Atlantis prior to Plato’s writings would be what exactly? 

cormac

I have this - 

image.thumb.png.eb5cf56da9a309d671cdfe1613ad0898.png

- but it might not be genuine.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

38 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

cormac

He really, really wants it to be true. 

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tom1200 said:

Roll up!  Roll up!  Play Lets Locate Atlantis!

The Rules:

a) Pick a square where YOU think Atlantis is/was/will be. 

b) Send me ten of something - pounds, euros, dollars, they're all good.

c) If you're right - you'll win!!!  It's really that simple.

Small print: maximum 100 guesses per square.  Maximum 10 000 entries per mug person.  If Atlantis is not found by 31 Dec 2099 one entry will be picked at random and declared the winner.  Please gamble responsibly.

image.thumb.png.37bb2f43bc4c59a81ad2611808f2fe20.png

I hid it and I'm not telling where !

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, Tom1200 said:

I have this - 

image.thumb.png.eb5cf56da9a309d671cdfe1613ad0898.png

- but it might not be genuine.

If Plato was alive today and met one of the Atlantis believers I imagine something like this:

Believer: I'm so exited to meet you, I have dedicated my life to finding Atlantis.

Plato: Actually I made it up.

Believer. Ha ha very funny. I know exactly where it was.

Plato: Its not real. Its an allegory.

Believer: It was in Florida wasn't it ?

Plato: Whats Florida ?

Believer: The place Atlantis really was. I followed the clues in your story.

Plato: There were no clues. Its an imaginary place.

Believer: I found the island and the palace. I'm sure its the right place.

Plato: Where is the nearest bar ? I need a drink.

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy
  • Haha 9

43 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

43 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Plato: Where is the nearest bar ? I need a drink.

Cute.

Edited by Rojack

24 minutes ago, Rojack said:

Cute.

Thanks. :tsu:

2 hours ago, cormac mac airt said:

cormac

Here is the evidence, on a  map. Take a few minutes and read Plato’s description of the city of Atlantis. The small triangular island was the island of Atlantis. The hill that held the castle and was surrounded by three moats is in the top right corner of the small island. They bridged over the three moats, but you can still see part of one of the moats. Next, look for the circular ditch that surrounded the Plain by searching for the Indian River. Naturally, Florida was the Plain of Atlantis.

https://goo.gl/maps/hKiWgZh35Kkr3tFK9

1 hour ago, Rojack said:

Here is the evidence, on a  map. Take a few minutes and read Plato’s description of the city of Atlantis. The small triangular island was the island of Atlantis. The hill that held the castle and was surrounded by three moats is in the top right corner of the small island. They bridged over the three moats, but you can still see part of one of the moats. Next, look for the circular ditch that surrounded the Plain by searching for the Indian River. Naturally, Florida was the Plain of Atlantis.

In other words you didn’t understand a damn thing Plato said. Sorry to hear it. 

cormac

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Rojack said:

That’s a looooong way of saying “no.”

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 2

I'm certain that the Duat was a physical location due to maps showing it's feautures, descriptions of it's inhabitants and their activities and the longevity of time over which it was believed to exist. I mean, now could it possibly be that all those millions of Egyptians who lived during those 3,500 or so years their culture existed be wrong.

Definitio autem stulti. Cognoscere verum, vident verum est, sed usque credere quod mendacium

• Haha 2

On 10/16/2020 at 8:00 PM, Hanslune said:

Rojack presented his idea well and seems to be saying it was in Florida.

At least it would then sort of fit into the vision of William Blake. I do wonder if any of these "Atlanteans" look at Plato from a Neoplatonist perspective.

Edited by Wepwawet
  • Like 2

Harbor Dr.

The people of Atlantis carves beautiful subdivisions into the Florida landscapes. Look here to see the homes of the modern Floridians on landscapes of Atlantis. They designed and built the subdivisions. All of their homes were washed away by flooding. There are thousands of subdivisions throughout Florida.

Shttps://goo.gl/maps/DYM6sKdX2sqAKof49

18 hours ago, Rojack said:

Tampa seems remarkably dry, for having been swallowed up by the sea.

Harte

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Rojack said:

...the written story describes real world terrain features. 

The written story refers to specific geography that exists nowhere on Earth and never has.

However, there are many thousands of places that have some aspects of the geography.   

Atlantis is therefore either nowhere or everywhere.

• Like 3

On 10/16/2020 at 12:00 PM, Hanslune said:

However, Rojack presented his idea well and seems to be saying it was in Florida.

Aww, man. Not again:

blob?bcid=T2Z3Si5DR.gByTXl.RWXYs3PwSqY..

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rojack said:

Harbor Dr.

The people of Atlantis carves beautiful subdivisions into the Florida landscapes. Look here to see the homes of the modern Floridians on landscapes of Atlantis. They designed and built the subdivisions. All of their homes were washed away by flooding. There are thousands of subdivisions throughout Florida.

Shttps://goo.gl/maps/DYM6sKdX2sqAKof49

Why yes, there certainly are. Not to mention rather innumerable suburban areas scattered about the planet.

Editorial: Prankster or seriously delusional?

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Swede said:

Why yes, there certainly are. Not to mention rather innumerable suburban areas scattered about the planet.

Editorial: Prankster or seriously delusional?

:tu:

cormac

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rojack said:

Capri Blvd.  Look here to see the homes of the modern Floridians on landscapes of Atlantis.

https://goo.gl/maps/rDrGivctrGzzgCRi9

As a floridian, just move here already. You'll find it comforting. 

So your view is Modern Florida is Atlantis? 

Because otherwise you're using modern man made features. Not ancient. 

Even some of the natural features weren't there in platos time. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ShadowSot said:

As a floridian, just move here already. You'll find it comforting. 

So your view is Modern Florida is Atlantis? 

Because otherwise you're using modern man made features. Not ancient. 

Even some of the natural features weren't there in platos time. 

I believe that North America was the continent of Atlantis. The continent was divided into ten countries. One of the countries was called Atlantis. One of the cities was also called Atlantis. Florida was in the City of Atlantis. Now, the lost city of Atlantis is called Tampa. Look back at the map and find Tampa. Zoom in and you will see a small triangular island with three large canals around it. That island is the Island of Atlantis. It is one half across. All the canals in Florida were 100 feet deep.

On 10/16/2020 at 7:46 PM, Rojack said:

A brief note of explanation will go along with each quote. Now, when you read or reread Plato’s story, you will better understand it.  The City of Atlantis was extremely complex with lots of history behind it. Some of this history caused confusion. For instance, in the early days of Atlantis, the royal palace was on a hill with three moats around it. Later, they bridged over the moats and  dug three large canals around the palace. This left the palace sitting on a small triangular island which is 0.5 miles across. This is the island of Atlantis. Now, all of those terrain features can be found on Google maps. Let’s correct Plato’s quotes.

We will start with the first and biggest and most important mistake in Plato’s literature. Here is the quote from Plato:

“But afterward there occurred violent earthquakes and floods; and in a single day and night of misfortune all your warlike men in a body sank into the earth, and the island of Atlantis in like manner disappeared in the depths of the sea. For which reason the sea in those parts is impassable and impenetrable, because there is a shoal of mud in the way; and this was caused by the subsidence of the island.” [The term Island should be continent.] [Also, you can see from this quote that the idea that Atlantis sunk is only an assumption, not a fact.][The term sea should ocean.]

“and the surrounding land may be most truly called a boundless continent.”

[This refers to North America and South America together as a single landmass.]

“And Poseidon, receiving for his lot the island of Atlantis, begat children by a mortal woman, and settled them in a part of the island, which I will describe.”

[The term island should be continent.]

“Near the plain again, and also in the centre of the island at a distance of about fifty stadia, there was a mountain not very high on any side. [The term mountain should be hill.]

“and breaking the ground, enclosed the hill in which she dwelt all round, making alternate zones of sea and land larger and smaller, encircling one another; there were two of land and three of water, which he turned as with a lathe, each having its circumference equidistant every way from the centre,” [That quote refers to a time before when the palace sat on a hill with three moats.]

“meanwhile they went on constructing their temples and palaces and harbors and docks. And they arranged the whole country in the following manner:” [The term country should be city.]

“First of all, they bridged over the zones of sea which surrounded the ancient metropolis, making a road to and from the royal palace.” [They bridged over the three moats.]

“And beginning from the sea, they bored a canal of three hundred feet in width and one hundred feet in depth and fifty stadia in length, which they carried through to the outermost zone, making a passage from the sea up to this, which became a harbor, and leaving an opening sufficient to enable the largest vessels to find ingress.” [This first canal, on the right, is where the harbors and docks were located.]

“Now, the largest of the zones into which a passage was cut from the sea was three stadia in breadth, and the zone of land which came next of equal breadth; but the next two zones, the one of water, the other of land, were two stadia, and the one which surrounded the central island was a stadium only in width. The island in which the palace was situated had a diameter of five stadia.” [ The Island of Atlantis: Instead of a circular island with three large moats around it, we have a triangular island with three canals around it.] You can find the island of Atlantis in Tampa Florida. Here is a link to it: https://goo.gl/maps/6tFBEJKYpSe81WUi7

Plato referred to “Atlantis” in several different ways. Now you can understand to terms:

Atlantis as an island

Atlantis as a continent

Atlantis as a small island

Atlantis as an island continent

Atlantis as half of a whole continent

Atlantis as a part of a boundless continent

Atlantis as a city on a plain in the country of Atlantis

In some cases, Plato used the terms “island” and “continent” to mean the same thing.

Plato also gave us the size of the continent of Atlantis by comparing it to a landmass the size of Libya and Asia put together. A continent that size could not have sunk in the Atlantic Ocean. That was an assumption. The landmass itself would be larger than the Ocean. However, the size of North America fits Plato’s description as the size of the Atlantis continent.

We have discussed the birth place of Atlantis, which consist of the city, the island of Atlantis, and the large canals around the island. However the population grew from there.  To the South, it grew to cover the entire Florida Plain. To he north, it grew to cover Georgia, which includes Atlanta. To the West, it grew up to cover the Yucatan Peninsula. When Atlantis was destroyed, Mexico City had grown up to become the Grand City of Atlantis. The Florida Plain was the Great City of Atlantis.

The destruction of Atlantis happened when a A comet broke up in space and the larger fragments landed on earth. Over 500,000 separate fragments hit North America and other areas for two days. They created elliptical depressions when they slammed into the earth. These craters are concentrated along the Atlantic seaboard within the coastal states of Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, Georgia, Florida, and even as far away as Nebraska. In Maryland, they are called Maryland Basins. Fragments also landed in Mexico, the Gulf of Mexico, and in the Atlantic Ocean. Search for Carolina Bays. See a video:

Stone Age comet destroys North America

youtu.be/7VO7l43YMTk

Ummmm no.

If you proofread it so many time you would know this is madness. 

Atlantis location was in the mind of Plato and in the pages of his writings only. 

On 10/27/2020 at 8:39 PM, Rojack said:

No because I believe they were built during the time of Atlantis.

I believe Im a billionaire but my bank account sadly does not.  

• Like 2

• This topic was locked and unlocked
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked