Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Schoolteacher beheaded in France

Eldorado

On 10/17/2020 at 11:43 PM, Setton said:

Interestingly, if they actually watched it, Life of Brian is pretty much faithful to the story in the Bible. It's just Brian only crosses over with Jesus once or twice.

I remember that at the time, the Archbishop of Canterbury was interviewed on the BBC about it, and he condemned the film roundly. 

When the presenter asked him when he'd watched it, he harumphed and spluttered and said that he hadn't actually WATCHED it. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

I remember that at the time, the Archbishop of Canterbury was interviewed on the BBC about it, and he condemned the film roundly. 

When the presenter asked him when he'd watched it, he harumphed and spluttered and said that he hadn't actually WATCHED it. 

A while back, while she was still alive, a documentary about Mary Whitehouse was shown. She was asked at one point if she actually saw any of the films that she criticized. This appeared to catch her out and she looked shifty. Eventually she admitted that she "Sent young people to watch the films and report back to her". So, apart from not watching films she thinks are "harmfull", she sees no problem in exposing these "young people" to "harm". The original Spitting Image summed her up very well, but for reasons of taste and decency I guess I could not repeat the only words they ever had her puppet speak. The comedy sketch show, "The Mary Whitehouse Experience" did a good job as well, and even had one of the sketches removed. Taste and decency probably forbids a description, but it was very funny.

Edited by Wepwawet

On 10/16/2020 at 9:55 PM, Solipsi Rai said:

Again, terrorism strikes France and they had enough of years of bombings, stabbings, shootings, hostage situations and hostile encounters with the police. France had racial rioting during the COVID-19 lockdown back in April involved North Africans who claim they were constant victims of police brutality and blamed for the pandemic in the country (i.e. "bio weapon terrorism" theories). Muslims in France (mostly of Algerian, Moroccan and Tunisian descent) are a minority group in a similar position like African-Americans in the US, and the inequality they face can make some French Muslims turn to radical Islamism. Knowing French history since my father is from there (the Nord Pas-de-Calais region), France ruled North Africa until the late 1950s-early 1960s. My thoughts and prayers to the teacher who was beheaded, because political extremism doesn't solve social problems, it only leads to murder.   

While there is truth to this, we cannot use this as an excuse or justification for terrorist attacks and attacks on freedom of speach. I know you do not excuse it but I mean in general. There are two or more sides to it.

Freedom of speach should not fear attacks from closed minded individuals, on one hand. On the other hand humanity should be more considered that words and actions can hurt and just to be able to exercise the right of fredom of speach does not mean that it is ok to go as far as disrespect someone elses beliefs. IMO. Nevertheles, there is absolutely no excuse for what this young idiot did to the teacher.

Also, I noticed that there is always the comparison between how muslims react and how christians react in situations like that. However, I would like to see drawings by muslims that disrespect Jesus, Moses, Abraham...

• Like 1

On 10/21/2020 at 6:23 PM, odas said:

(....)

Also, I noticed that there is always the comparison between how muslims react and how christians react in situations like that. However, I would like to see drawings by muslims that disrespect Jesus, Moses, Abraham...

As far as I know, it is forbidden for muslims to make drawings and such representing humans, but anyway forbidden to create art depicting profets. Like Jesus, Moses, and Abraham.

• Like 1

On 10/16/2020 at 10:42 PM, Aroundthecorner said:

Religion strikes again and all because a teacher dared show a cartoon, condolences to his family. 

Oh, I think we can be a bit more specific than this.  ISLAM strikes again.  And it will continue to do so until those who kill in its name are utterly crushed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/17/2020 at 5:29 PM, Wepwawet said:

Number of people beheaded or killed in some other way as the result of "The Life of Brian" = 0

Bishop Mervyn Stockwood called it blasphemy and said it should be banned, and so did the usual ragbag of holier than thou po-faced puritan busybodies, but their red-faced harumphing was a bad as it got.

While there are, no doubt, Christians who would kill over their faith, it's rather rare and always hypocritical.  With Islamists it's just another Tuesday...

• Thanks 2

55 minutes ago, and then said:

While there are, no doubt, Christians who would kill over their faith, it's rather rare and always hypocritical.  With Islamists it's just another Tuesday...

So which one is it? Islam or radical islamists? Duncan, I am fed up with people like you who blame an entire religion, race, nationality because of actions of a few. Between you and me I should be the one to hate christianity because they killed of half of my family. But, unlike you, I know better and blame only the ones who did it. F off for good.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, odas said:

So which one is it? Islam or radical islamists? Duncan, I am fed up with people like you who blame an entire religion, race, nationality because of actions of a few. Between you and me I should be the one to hate christianity because they killed of half of my family. But, unlike you, I know better and blame only the ones who did it. F off for good.

ANY Muslim that seeks to imitate the pattern of Muhammad's life is a fundamentalist.  If having someone say that out loud, troubles you, maybe you should reassess your priorities.  Either way, those who support though action or silence, the crimes committed in the name of that religion are equally to blame.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, and then said:

Oh, I think we can be a bit more specific than this.  ISLAM strikes again.  And it will continue to do so until those who kill in its name are utterly crushed.

And this is how it strikes...

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-10-19/protesters-march-across-france-to-promote-freedom-of-expression/12780930

The beheading has upset moderate French Muslims, and a group of imams in the Lyon region held a special meeting to discuss what the group called "the appalling assassination of our compatriot by a terrorist who in the name of an uncertain faith committed the irreparable".

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Peter B said:

Now the usual bigots and islamophobes will pretend they never saw this then cry 'why won't moderate Muslims denounce these monstrous attacks?'

On 10/24/2020 at 7:35 PM, and then said:

ANY Muslim that seeks to imitate the pattern of Muhammad's life is a fundamentalist.  If having someone say that out loud, troubles you, maybe you should reassess your priorities.  Either way, those who support though action or silence, the crimes committed in the name of that religion are equally to blame.

Support by silence?  Who? Me? Why should any ANY muslim who does not support such terrorism appologize? How long do you want us to appologize for something we did not do?

How long are you going to blame my religion for the actions of a few? 

You wanna play that game? YOU yes you as a christian are responsible for the deaths of my family. Cheistians did it, you are a christian so there you go. You want to play that game?

You, yes you, are respinsible, as a white christian, for the deaths of millions and millions of native americans, canadians, australians, africans. You, yes you, as a christian are responsible for the death of millions of Jews  not only during nazi germany but in Spain, France, England...way before that.

You, yes you as a christian should be the last one to preach humanity.

• Thanks 2

Just for the sake of a social experiment, France should publish a set of cartoons showing Ronald McDonald munching on a beef burger with Krishna, or Vishnu eating at Burger King, or Jesus and the Pope initiating an abortion on Mother Mary 

Should be interesting... 

~

On 10/25/2020 at 7:11 PM, Setton said:

Now the usual bigots and islamophobes will pretend they never saw this then cry 'why won't moderate Muslims denounce these monstrous attacks?'

Those look like regular French citizens.

Meanwhile in the Islamic world :- https://www.bbc.com/news/world-54751920

• Like 1

13 hours ago, third_eye said:

Just for the sake of a social experiment, France should publish a set of cartoons showing Ronald McDonald munching on a beef burger with Krishna, or Vishnu eating at Burger King, or Jesus and the Pope initiating an abortion on Mother Mary 

Should be interesting... 

~

Pretty sure if they did, nobody would die as a result, that's the subtle difference.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Pretty sure if they did, nobody would die as a result, that's the subtle difference.

Go ahead and give it a go, I wanna see you prove that... 

~

5 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Go ahead and give it a go, I wanna see you prove that... 

~

Just type 'funny jesus cartoon' in Google....thousands of 'em......nobody missing a head because of it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Just type 'funny jesus cartoon' in Google....thousands of 'em......nobody missing a head because of it.

Jesus is a funny guy, you try going to a Pro life neighborhood and do your Mother Mary and abortion routine, let's see how you laugh... 

~

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, third_eye said:

Jesus is a funny guy, you try going to a Pro life neighborhood and do your Mother Mary and abortion routine, let's see how you laugh... 

~

Or go to any Islamic country and tell your parents you're converting to christianity.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, third_eye said:

~

Well, no one would get beheaded. That's for sure. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Or go to any Islamic country and tell your parents you're converting to christianity.

So you bomb them back to the stone age... Jesus will be proud of you 

~

Just now, spartan max2 said:

Well, no one would get beheaded. That's for sure. 

~

~

• Confused 1

~

I'm an atheist.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said: