Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Spiritual Workshop

Duke Wellington

As we all go through life we gain insights into the meaning of it all and I wanted to share where I am up too.

Step 1: What is nothingness? Its the absence of everything. As nothingness can therefore never be made from anything then its actually impossible for it to exist. This because something cannot exist unless it is made from something. Therefore I reason nothingness has never existed and never will.

Step 2: What is the minimum that must exist? As there always has to be something (because nothingness can never exist) then I reason at the very minimum one thing must always exist.

Step 3: What does one thing require to support its existence? If we think about it then its impossible for something to exist without three other things - space, time, and matter.

Space: An object cannot exist unless it has somewhere to exist at. To have such a location also requires everywhere else where it isn`t which I will call non-location. So location and non-location have an interdependence on each other and are relative to each other.

Time: An object requires a point in time to exist at. For such a point to exist there must also be a before and after. These are the creation of past, present, and future, and they share an interdependence too. Continued existence of the object creates instances in time one after the other which results in a flow of time in one direction.

Matter: An object needs to be made out of something to exist. That also defines matter it isn`t made from too.

So we have one thing existing (A), with it requiring the existence of space, time, and matter (B). But its not a cause and effect relationship, its interdependent existence. That means A doesnt cause B. B doesnt cause A. But both A and B are required to exist at the same time to support each others existence.

Step 4: What does Space, Time, and Matter require? Their existence also needs to tie itself up so it is self-supporting. The universe gets populated out with space and matter backwards in time to the Big Bang, forwards in time to the Big Crunch, and across the present. The matter aspect of that results in a universe full of matter which arranges itself in such a way that there are planets, life, and us in particular living on Earth.

Fractals

Fractals reveal a reality structured by interdependencies. If a weather station collects weather data from around a country, feeds it into a computer, and reveals a fractal image, then it shows a pattern is buried within the fabric of reality existing at all the places the weather data was collected. It shows the weather data here is not independent from the weather data there. They both have the same pattern underpinning them.

Bible (and Similar books)

I see it as a collection of stories about how someone should live a moral life. But there is a deeper understanding within the texts. One based on a knowledge of the fractal nature of reality and its interdependencies. As material beings in the universe that has come from one thing, our patterns of thinking impact elsewhere in reality. So we are supposed to learn how to be loving, kind, compassionate, forgiving, merciful, etc. And when we are tempted to engage in anger, hate, resentment, greed, jealousy, envy, lust, etc, we are supposed to learn how to not let them take hold in our minds.

So the universe that has come from one thing is basically a torture chamber. It is structured by interdependencies which link the patterns that arise in our minds with external reality. What we think, feel, perceive, etc, gets thrown right back at us because we set the pattern which the rest of reality operates off. 

If we call the one thing God, then God wants us to learn about good and evil. To understand both, to realise reality mirrors them back to us, and by mirroring back we are taught to regulate them or encounter suffering until we learn to do so.

Edited by Cookie Monster
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

That is your reality tunnel.

We all have our "reality tunnels", (until enlightenment) so the intelligent question is, where is your tunnel leading you to?

Do your beliefs help reduce fear, stress, anxiety? Do they give you peace of mind, better health and greater connections with life in general?

Or is your reality tunnel leading you downwards in a self-fulfilling spiral of depression and darkness?

Because everybody has them, so why not use them to help uplift oneself, and by extension society too?

4 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

We all have our "reality tunnels", (until enlightenment) so the intelligent question is, where is your tunnel leading you to?

Do your beliefs help reduce fear, stress, anxiety? Do they give you peace of mind, better health and greater connections with life in general?

Or is your reality tunnel leading you downwards in a self-fulfilling spiral of depression and darkness?

Because everybody has them, so why not use them to help uplift oneself, and by extension society too?

So you're the new monkey that decided to climb on my back. Get off it. 

Edited by XenoFish

2 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

As we all go through life we gain insights into the meaning of it all and I wanted to share where I am up too.

Step 1: What is nothingness? Its the absence of everything. As nothingness can therefore never be made from anything then its actually impossible for it to exist. This because something cannot exist unless it is made from something. Therefore I reason nothingness has never existed and never will.

Step 2: What is the minimum that must exist? As there always has to be something (because nothingness can never exist) then I reason at the very minimum one thing must always exist.

Step 3: What does one thing require to support its existence? If we think about it then its impossible for something to exist without three other things - space, time, and matter.

From my perspective, "reality tunnel" I should answer like this..

1; Nothingness is Pure Conscious Awareness, aka GOD.

2; Therefore the minimum must be consciousness, aka, pure energy.

3; It exists in and of itself, out of time/space duality, and is by our viewpoint an anomaly that doesn't need support.

4 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

So you're the new monkey that decided to climb on my back. Get off it. 

The thing is with reality tunnels, aka perspectives and viewpoints, they are ours to change if one desires such a thing!

What you see as someone on your back, others might see as a helping hand.

16 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

The thing is with reality tunnels, aka perspectives and viewpoints, they are ours to change if one desires such a thing!

What you see as someone on your back, others might see as a helping hand.

I see you as a thorn in my side and I know a lot about reality tunnels. I also didn't ask for your help either. 

Just now, XenoFish said:

I see you as a thorn in my side and I know a lot about reality tunnels. I also didn't ask for your help either. 

I am happy that you know so much about RTs..

You will no doubt know that RTs filled with self-pity will lead one to a very dark place.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I also didn't ask for your help either. 

I am just putting my truth, based on my experience, out-there. 

You are free to take it any way you like.

Only be aware that beliefs and perceptions have consequences, some of which are more welcome then others..

Edited by Crazy Horse

9 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

Space: An object cannot exist unless it has somewhere to exist at. To have such a location also requires everywhere else where it isn`t which I will call non-location. So location and non-location have an interdependence on each other and are relative to each other.

Time: An object requires a point in time to exist at. For such a point to exist there must also be a before and after. These are the creation of past, present, and future, and they share an interdependence too. Continued existence of the object creates instances in time one after the other which results in a flow of time in one direction.

Matter: An object needs to be made out of something to exist. That also defines matter it isn`t made from too.

So we have one thing existing (A), with it requiring the existence of space, time, and matter (B). But its not a cause and effect relationship, its interdependent existence. That means A doesnt cause B. B doesnt cause A. But both A and B are required to exist at the same time to support each others existence.

Step 4: What does Space, Time, and Matter require? Their existence also needs to tie itself up so it is self-supporting. The universe gets populated out with space and matter backwards in time to the Big Bang, forwards in time to the Big Crunch, and across the present. The matter aspect of that results in a universe full of matter which arranges itself in such a way that there are planets, life, and us in particular living on Earth.

Fractals

Fractals reveal a reality structured by interdependencies. If a weather station collects weather data from around a country, feeds it into a computer, and reveals a fractal image, then it shows a pattern is buried within the fabric of reality existing at all the places the weather data was collected. It shows the weather data here is not independent from the weather data there. They both have the same pattern underpinning them.

Bible (and Similar books)

I see it as a collection of stories about how someone should live a moral life. But there is a deeper understanding within the texts. One based on a knowledge of the fractal nature of reality and its interdependencies. As material beings in the universe that has come from one thing, our patterns of thinking impact elsewhere in reality. So we are supposed to learn how to be loving, kind, compassionate, forgiving, merciful, etc. And when we are tempted to engage in anger, hate, resentment, greed, jealousy, envy, lust, etc, we are supposed to learn how to not let them take hold in our minds.

So the universe that has come from one thing is basically a torture chamber. It is structured by interdependencies which link the patterns that arise in our minds with external reality. What we think, feel, perceive, etc, gets thrown right back at us because we set the pattern which the rest of reality operates off. 

If we call the one thing God, then God wants us to learn about good and evil. To understand both, to realise reality mirrors them back to us, and by mirroring back we are taught to regulate them or encounter suffering until we learn to do so.

Well thought OP.  Your first few steps do make logical sense.  Still thinking about the last parts.

Regarding  your last two points, the only potential problem that I see is with regard to good and evil.  You state that God wants us to learn/know about good and evil, yet those terms in themselves are subjective in nature. Since the understanding of good and evil will vary among individuals, any “knowing” would only be within an individual and their own subjective valuation of those terms.

Lets take horse stealing as an example.  In FrontierAmerica times, both Native Americans and Americans used horses.  Americans would hang a man for horse stealing, but Native Americans who did “raiding parties” and came back with horses were praised by their tribal members.  So, two different groups of people living in the same place at the same time had opposite opinions on whether horse stealing was good or evil.

• Like 1

Hi! This Is Katy...

Hi all :)this is a book that by my minister contacted Katy on the other side. He baptized me when was I was little , and married me and my husband. my Dad and Wallace has passed away long time ago,so I`m wondering is the book really believing in the other side? Wish every one could read it. and we can discuss it.

Edited by docyabut2

11 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

Hi! This Is Katy...

Hi all :)this is a book that by my minister contacted Katy on the other side. He baptized me when was I was little , and married me and my husband. my Dad and Wallace has passed away long time ago,so I`m wondering is the book really believing in the other side? Wish every one could read it. and we can discuss it.

Hi D, if you have a pdf link I would be happy to take a look?

Here is a video from a guy named Jurgen Ziewe, an Out of Body Explorer. Some thing I found fascinating and very helpful too..

Hope you enjoy it.

Edit....there is chocolate in heaven-yea!!

Edited by Crazy Horse
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

Hi D, if you have a pdf link I would be happy to take a look?

Here is a video from a guy named Jurgen Ziewe, an Out of Body Explorer. Some thing I found fascinating and very helpful too..

Hope you enjoy it.

Edit....there is chocolate in heaven-yea!!

https://www.amazon.com/Hi-This-Katy-Wallace-Tooke/dp/0964683504/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1546596048&sr=8-1&keywords=Hi!+Katy...(+Wallace