Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A Giant Bat-Winged Creature

Commander CMG

There have been tales of a large winged creature spotted on Morton Road. 

CAROL STREAM, IL — If you thought you were done hearing reports of a giant winged creature terrorizing Chicago and its suburbs, think again. Most recently, reports have come out that a bat-winged creature has been spotted in none other than Carol Stream. Are the reports real? Read on and decide for yourself.

Read More: HERE

• Like 4

Chinese lanterns ... move along... keep moving... 

~

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Chinese lanterns ... move along... keep moving... 

~

You have no imagination do you :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Iilaa'mpuul'xem said:

You have no imagination do you :lol:

That's right, you just carry on moving, move along now... Just keep moving to where you were going to, nothing to see here... 

~

• Haha 3

Manuel Navarette of UFO Clearinghouse recently received the following report from a woman who said she'd seen a seven-foot-tall, red-eyed creature after leaving work at the United States Postal Service (USPS) sorting facility in Chicago's O'Hare International Airport at around 11 pm on Thursday, September 24th.

I had just left work at the USPS Sorting Facility at O’Hare Airport at about 11:00 pm on Thursday the 24th of September and was walking out to my car when I saw something standing at the far end of the parking [lot] where I usually park. At first I thought it was a very tall person with a long coat.

As I got closer to my car, I unlocked my car, which caused my headlights to come on. My headlights hit the person standing about 20 to 25 feet from my car causing it to turn and look right at me.

Full story at SingularFortean: Link

Edited by Eldorado

O'Hare is getting known for these things. I wonder if in addition to the Mothman there are also Mothman-like creatures too.

mothman.jpg.6b3d5ef711be71c7ff3e76dfe0faa064.jpg

Most all creatures have eye shine, zero paranormal there,

A person who is startled, scared isnt a good judge of size, its a shame she had her phone out in her hand and didnt think to grab a pic what a missed opportunity.

However i would be very skeptically that such a facility doesnt have sercurity cameras in their lot or even a watchman  its odd that while she calls out that sercurity should do something about it as scared as she was she didnt alert others there at the time but rather ran home.

The story has holes to me.

My conclusion at this moment a very tired lady saw something like a bird that startled her, the rest was embeshilment.

21 minutes ago, the13bats said:

mothman.jpg.6b3d5ef711be71c7ff3e76dfe0faa064.jpg

Most all creatures have eye shine, zero paranormal there,

A person who is startled, scared isnt a good judge of size, its a shame she had her phone out in her hand and didnt think to grab a pic what a missed opportunity.

However i would be very skeptically that such a facility doesnt have sercurity cameras in their lot or even a watchman  its odd that while she calls out that sercurity should do something about it as scared as she was she didnt alert others there at the time but rather ran home.

The story has holes to me.

My conclusion at this moment a very tired lady saw something like a bird that startled her, the rest was embeshilment.

I know people want pictures, but I really don't know why that makes them less credible. Yes a picture would be awesome, but if you see anything like that, taking a selfie with it is the least of anyone's worries. If your walking at night and you come across a wolf, your not thinking of taking a picture, your thinking of getting out of there. Only a few people would take a picture in that situation (the encounter and the hypothetical scenario).

But yes a picture would be cool.

• Confused 1

54 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

O'Hare is getting known for these things. I wonder if in addition to the Mothman there are also Mothman-like creatures too.

Mothman creatures are so fascinating to me.

5 minutes ago, Chronus said:

I know people want pictures, but I really don't know why that makes them less credible. Yes a picture would be awesome, but if you see anything like that, taking a selfie with it is the least of anyone's worries. If your walking at night and you come across a wolf, your not thinking of taking a picture, your thinking of getting out of there. Only a few people would take a picture in that situation (the encounter and the hypothetical scenario).

But yes a picture would be cool.

The whole idea of a picture is more conceptual for me, the picture likely would have been a blurry mess, even thought i have to try hard to take a bad pic with my old note 5 but to me having a phone in your hand in a situation like this, is a clue, she claimed to be scared to the point of constipation yet doesnt call 911 doesnt grab a pic and doesnt as far as i know even bumble and drop the phone,  a lot of her actions didnt add up, 

Mothman is a fascinating myth.

Myth, no. But chances are it would be a blurry picture.

13 minutes ago, Chronus said:

Myth, no. But chances are it would be a blurry picture.

Um yeah, mothman was/is a myth its not a real creature.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Um yeah, mothman was/is a myth its not a real creature.

You and I have hugely different opinions.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, jethrofloyd said:

A giant Bat-winged creature? Maybe they’re making a new Batman movie?

Heeey..dont say the "B" word it wasnt me, nope i was no where near IL,

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Chronus said:

You and I have hugely different opinions.

Thats correct i dont believe stories without proof you do.

Mothman was made up by kids out partying spread by bandwagon and embellishment

• Like 1

1 minute ago, the13bats said:

Thats correct i dont believe stories without proof you do.

Mothman was made up by kids out partying spread by bandwagon and embellishment

And a whole town joined in on the fun.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

You might want to establish the mothman first before making any additions.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Chronus said:

And a whole town joined in on the fun.

A whole town's worth of stories are still just stories.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1