Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A Giant Bat-Winged Creature

Commander CMG

1 hour ago, stereologist said:

So you more in line with the older stories, the original ones. Notice that the statue in WV of the Mothman is a more modern version with arms.

https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/mothman-statue

Yeah I know they made the statue look different. And cooler.

Just now, Chronus said:

Yeah I know they made the statue look different. And cooler.

Yes to some extent but the arms are due to one of the early eyewitnesses adding arms over time. The arms are not an artistic addition, but due to witnesses that originally reported no arms to later adding arms to the description.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Yes to some extent but the arms are due to one of the early eyewitnesses adding arms over time. The arms are not an artistic addition, but due to witnesses that originally reported no arms to later adding arms to the description.

Oh I thought it was just put on the statue by the guys who made it for whatever reason.

25 minutes ago, Chronus said:

Oh I thought it was just put on the statue by the guys who made it for whatever reason.

It's changes to the stories that happen over time which is why I find it so interesting that you more inclined to the version that is the oldest report. The oldest reports tend to be the more important reports. Later reports from the same person diverging from the original story are pretty common. It's actually the norm. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, stereologist said:

It's changes to the stories that happen over time which is why I find it so interesting that you more inclined to the version that is the oldest report. The oldest reports tend to be the more important reports. Later reports from the same person diverging from the original story are pretty common. It's actually the norm. 

I've spent most of my life (admittedly short so far) reading and watching everything about the paranormal and cryptids, so I've heard of both versions of moth man. I knew if I said I liked the version with arms you'd say that was thought up over time or something.

No offense of course.

Most of the time I just take tge description as it is and leave it be.

Edited by Chronus
The*

Mothman went from likely owl to a superhero looking creature,

Chupra wasnt as fun it went from a wild lil monster to a bald dog :sleepy:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 10/18/2020 at 7:52 AM, Iilaa'mpuul'xem said:

There have been tales of a large winged creature spotted on Morton Road. 

CAROL STREAM, IL — If you thought you were done hearing reports of a giant winged creature terrorizing Chicago and its suburbs, think again. Most recently, reports have come out that a bat-winged creature has been spotted in none other than Carol Stream. Are the reports real? Read on and decide for yourself.

Read More: HERE

A better end to that prank would be if someone grabbed that skeleton chucked it on the deck smashing all that blokes handiwork into little pieces then one last shot of him sitting amongst the wreckage crying

• Haha 1

On 10/24/2020 at 11:02 AM, Jon the frog said:

Ive seen videos like these where the spookie is being trolleied by a quad copter in full frame its not as cool looking and i believe most of the people are acting, not scared or,

6 hours ago, Matt221 said:

A better end to that prank would be if someone grabbed that skeleton chucked it on the deck smashing all that blokes handiwork into little pieces then one last shot of him sitting amongst the wreckage crying

^ this is just what would happen,

• Haha 2

Nanana nanana nah

BATSQUATCH

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS6zxQcJAnKdOKthQtUMGQ

Or manbearpig had grown wings. 

• Haha 4

On 10/22/2020 at 4:05 PM, Chronus said:

I've spent most of my life (admittedly short so far) reading and watching everything about the paranormal and cryptids, so I've heard of both versions of moth man. I knew if I said I liked the version with arms you'd say that was thought up over time or something.

No offense of course.

Most of the time I just take tge description as it is and leave it be.

Paying attention to the first reports and primary sources is often the best way to understand a story. These changes over time are seen in all sorts of stories from UFOs, to ghosts, to actual events, and especially stories about fish that were almost caught.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, stereologist said:

Paying attention to the first reports and primary sources is often the best way to understand a story. These changes over time are seen in all sorts of stories from UFOs, to ghosts, to actual events, and especially stories about fish that were almost caught.

:lol::lol:

7 hours ago, stereologist said:

Yep, rozwell is a great one, a rancher finds weather balloon radar target wreckage, his orginal report to the sherriff confims that then by the 80s we had a story of multi crafts  aliens being such crap pilots they collide, bodies are found, etc,

But hey, glen dennis made a great living for decades off his made up BS others too, profits and attention are king. ( truth? What truth? )

Edited by the13bats
added
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, stereologist said:

Those that do not understand the importance of primary sources and first reports are doomed to be failures.

Ecology seems to be a mystery to them too. 

Unless bigfoot survives on pine needles he doesn't seem to have an impact on the ecosystem 

• Like 2

Just moved to a fairly tropical area on the coast and have fruit bats that look the size of my Jack Russell with wings,lol, coming in on the fruit trees at night.My hunting dogs have never seen them before and just gaze in wonderment.They could easily be mistaken for a cryptid.

Edited by openozy

10 hours ago, openozy said:

Just moved to a fairly tropical area on the coast and have fruit bats that look the size of my Jack Russell with wings,lol, coming in on the fruit trees at night.My hunting dogs have never seen them before and just gaze in wonderment.They could easily be mistaken for a cryptid.

Actual creatures are so much more interesting than the made up kind if only because you can observe them with a little effort.

3 hours ago, Resume said:

Actual creatures are so much more interesting than the made up kind if only because you can observe them with a little effort.

They are,people want to go into space looking for more when they should look a bit harder at the amazing life forms we have here.

• Like 1