Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Who were the frist americans

docyabut2

Quote from link

Washington TImes

Who were the first Americans?

An established theory says the first Americans walked across the Bering Sea about 13,000-15,000 years ago. But stone tools found in the mid-Atlantic suggest an arrival from Europe about 20,000-22,000 years ago. The tools match those made by the mysterious Solutrean people of ice-age Iberia.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TigerBright19 said:

Quote from link

Washington TImes

Who were the first Americans?

An established theory says the first Americans walked across the Bering Sea about 13,000-15,000 years ago. But stone tools found in the mid-Atlantic suggest an arrival from Europe about 20,000-22,000 years ago. The tools match those made by the mysterious Solutrean people of ice-age Iberia.

Very dated and sensationalist information based upon the relatively early studies of Sanford and Bradley. Subsequent archaeological and genetic studies have not supported their initial presentation(s).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

they were the Vikings that made it across the Atlantic,  my grandson`s band :)

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 1

the Vikings before Columbus:)

The Vikings had indeed visited North America, and if they did not “discover” America in the strict sense of the word, they certainly got there before Columbus did.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=the+Vikings+before+Columbus&form=IENTHT&pc=UF02&mkt=en-us&httpsmsn=1&msnews=1&refig=f5c857a591f647b8f849d6fea091acfc

Edited by docyabut2

18 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

they were the Vikings that made it across the Atlantic,  my grandson`s band :)

Your Grandson was a Viking? :P

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, docyabut2 said:

I suspect that we will never know when or who the first people who entered the Americans were because they arrived by many routes. However, we know that those who arrived by the Bering Sea did something very notable, they developed a new method of tool construction. There were two unquie tool designs developed that are only found in America, Clovis and Folsom points. Both designs are known as Fluted points, Fluting is a small groove that is introduced to goes from the bottom of the point on both sides midway or in some cases almost all the way up the length of the point. This allowed the point to be joined to a wooden shaft more easily, than European points of that time. 

Below is a Clovis Point

IMG_0333.JPG

Below is a Folsom point.

IMG_0332.JPG

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Studies of DNA tells us that the first Americans came from Siberia. This is a much stronger chain of evidence than some superficial similarity in stone tools.

The time of the migration is disputred, but not where they came from.

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

sorry we know https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Topper_Site is not true

The problem with the evidence from Topper Site is that it's disputed and the Chopper found at the lower levels is called Pre-Clovis, all of this comes from the link you provided.

7 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Studies of DNA tells us that the first Americans came from Siberia. This is a much stronger chain of evidence than some superficial similarity in stone tools.

This is very true, and unless something majors changes this will remain the excepted theory.

54 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

Your Grandson was a Viking? :P

I knew docyabut2 is an older woman, but I didn't think she was that old. :rolleyes:

Edit: If anyone here is a Viking it will have to be me !

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Until we know who the frost Americans were, we'll never know 

~

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

I knew docyabut2 is an older woman, but I didn't think she was that old. :rolleyes:

Edit: If anyone here is a Viking it will have to be me !

Hey, half Danish here and the other side has a Norman French surname - I think I can claim to be of Norse descent  too

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hanslune said:

Hey, half Danish here and the other side has a Norman French surname - I think I can claim to be of Norse descent  too

Whats Ruperts opinion on the matter ? I mean he should know who the first Americans were. :P

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Whats Ruperts opinion on the matter ? I mean he should know who the first Americans were. :P

A guy named Fred and his wife/half sister Sophrone Mustard 

They escaped from a mandatory tooth pulling therapy session and arrived in what is now Alaska on what would now be called March 17th 38,009 BCE but in Rupert's days was called 'the 2342 days of trash'.

• Like 1

On 10/18/2020 at 9:19 PM, Hanslune said:

A guy named Fred and his wife/half sister Sophrone Mustard 

They escaped from a mandatory tooth pulling therapy session and arrived in what is now Alaska on what would now be called March 17th 38,009 BCE but in Rupert's days was called 'the 2342 days of trash'.

Terry Jones would be impressed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Gaden said:

Terry Jones would be impressed.

I would be honored if he was!

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Honestly, ancient people got around a lot more then we give them credit for. Who is to say that there weren't other groups here that weren't supplanted by Siberian people coming through Bering? Who is to say that there weren't other groups after? Even the DNA we have seems to indicate different groups possibly related to folk from different parts of the globe, and that's not a comprehensive sample by any means. Nothing would surprise me as far as the peopling of any part of the world is concerned.

If archaeology is scientific, it can never become too attached to any theoretical framework. The minute the current theory outweighs new evidence, we have entered the realm of dogmatism. 

That's the joy and excitement behind science. When it is pure, you never know what might be discovered, or how that discovery might upend the way we see things. 

• Like 2

Hi Palmer

3 hours ago, C L Palmer said:

Honestly, ancient people got around a lot more then we give them credit for. Who is to say that there weren't other groups here that weren't supplanted by Siberian people coming through Bering? Who is to say that there weren't other groups after? Even the DNA we have seems to indicate different groups possibly related to folk from different parts of the globe, and that's not a comprehensive sample by any means. Nothing would surprise me as far as the peopling of any part of the world is concerned.

If archaeology is scientific, it can never become too attached to any theoretical framework. The minute the current theory outweighs new evidence, we have entered the realm of dogmatism. 

That's the joy and excitement behind science. When it is pure, you never know what might be discovered, or how that discovery might upend the way we see things. 

Hi Palmer

Just thought I would point out that if there were other groups that came  after that they would not be the first people to populate the Americas

• Thanks 1

On 10/18/2020 at 6:26 PM, docyabut2 said:

it is true the Vikings made it across the Atlantic,

They certainly were, Leif Erikson landed a party in Newfoundland Canada nearly 500 years before Columbus showed up.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FuroraCeltica said:

They certainly were, Leif Erikson landed a party in Newfoundland Canada nearly 500 years before Columbus showed up.

Yes many years after the Inuit and Aleuts found there way to North America.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 3/4/2022 at 3:47 PM, C L Palmer said:

Errrrrrrr.......No. Although there are whole NA genetic lineages that are extinct, they are known. We as a whole came from parts of Asia.

Of course when you have a member of the Quorum of 12 telling tribes that genetic testing of remains is sacrilege. Who is protecting their fictional dogma?

• Like 7