Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The most famous ghost photo and why

Aroundthecorner

So come all ye olde ghost supporters show us the most 100% nailed on image of a ghost please, then explain why it is so.

Thank you

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Aroundthecorner said:

So come all ye olde ghost supporters show us the most 100% nailed on image of a ghost please, then explain why it is so.

Thank you

A fool's errand. How could we possible ever 100% prove it's a ghost to ye olde hard-core skeptics.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

A fool's errand. How could we possible ever 100% prove it's a ghost to ye olde hard-core skeptics.

Oh im no skeptic nor a believer, I just crave the facts please.

3 minutes ago, Aroundthecorner said:

Oh im no skeptic nor a believer, I just crave the facts please.

Then the fact is you can't 100% nail a ghost from a photograph. Nowadays you can fake about anything. But are they all fakes is the important question. To me, most are people being honest.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Then the fact is you can't 100% nail a ghost from a photograph. Nowadays you can fake about anything. But are they all fakes is the important question. To me, most are people being honest.

Honesty plays no part when it comes to the facts of the truth of ghosts being real

47 minutes ago, Aroundthecorner said:

Thank you

I am not really a true believer in The existence of Ghosts, but I will offer a photo that I really like. Is it a real Ghost, I am not saying it is, yet on the other hand it has to my knowledge never been proven a fake conclusively. The photo was taken with a flash bulb in the 1930s at Raymond Hall, and it is suppose to be the Brown Lady.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_Lady_of_Raynham_Hall

IMG_0329.JPG

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

I am not really a true believer in The existence of Ghosts, but I will offer a photo that I really like. Is it a real Ghost, I am not saying it is, yet on the other hand it has to my knowledge never been proven a fake conclusively. 

IMG_0329.JPG

Lady on the stairs or is it a man or is it ghosts arnt real - Ultimate Guitar

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Aroundthecorner said:

That for you to decide, I make no other claims concerning the photo. However, your comparison isn't see through.

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Aroundthecorner said:

Here is another photo, don't know much about it but it's pretty cool. Like before you decide real or fake.

IMG_0328.JPG

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

That for you to decide, I make no other claims concerning the photo. However, your comparison isn't see through.

Oh i see through it and the fella goofing around, the first is obviously an early 19th century photographic fraud so popular back in the day you know.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Aroundthecorner said:

Oh i see through it and the fella goofing around, the first is obviously an early 19th century photographic fraud so popular back in the day you know.

Like I said it's for you to decide.:) I am only adding to your thread.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Aroundthecorner said:

Ok how did they produce the photo, I have no knowledge concerning photography maybe you know more it.

Here a link with both Pros and Cons on that photo.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Ok how did they produce the photo, I have no knowledge concerning photography maybe you know more it.

Here a link with both Pros and Cons on that photo.

No comment, I also can't explain it and like I have said, I am also not convinced it's a Ghost.

@Aroundthecorner

1 minute ago, Manwon Lender said:

No comment, I also can't explain it and like I have said, I am also not convinced it's a Ghost.

@Aroundthecorner

Oh I have a comment dont worry on that score, its been played with Victorians loved to play jokes and make money. This image was created for the country set call it a publicity stunt get punters through the doors of some other old creepy looking building and rake the cash in. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Aroundthecorner said:

Oh I have a comment dont worry on that score, its been played with Victorians loved to play jokes and make money. This image was created for the country set call it a publicity stunt get punters through the doors of some other old creepy looking building and rake the cash in. 

I am also skeptical, however like you I can't explain how it was done. So until someone can reproduce it, and show how it was accomplished I will remain skeptical, and while I also beleive it to be fake I can't prove it to be.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Aroundthecorner said:

The problem with this and other similar photos, is that researchers say it is faked in this way or that. But they don't take it to the next level and reproduce it by the methods they say were used to fake it. This is why some people choose to beleive these photos are not fake, below is another example of a researcher saying it's faked by a certain method, but again he doesn't end it by reproducing it. This is the real problem and it is also one easy to correct.

http://hoaxes.org/raynham.html

37 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Look up double/multiple exposure photography. 

The picture on the stairs looks to be an example. 

https://www.lomography.com/magazine/29952-your-pinhole-ghost-double-exposure-photography

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, onlookerofmayhem said:

https://www.lomography.com/magazine/29952-your-pinhole-ghost-double-exposure-photography

Thanks for the information and the link, I agree it could certainly be an example of Pinhole Ghost double exposure photography. This appears to be especially true since pinhole cameras have been used since the 1850s.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, onlookerofmayhem said:

Do you think this photo was taken the same way?

Looks like it could be.

IMG_0328.JPG

2 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

I am not really a true believer in The existence of Ghosts, but I will offer a photo that I really like. Is it a real Ghost, I am not saying it is, yet on the other hand it has to my knowledge never been proven a fake conclusively. The photo was taken with a flash bulb in the 1930s at Raymond Hall, and it is suppose to be the Brown Lady.

IMG_0329.JPG

Manwon, you were new here and posted a thread about this picture and i got a bit OCD and found all kinds of holes in the story its all in that thread,

Remember that would be a very small ghost and i believe something like this was used to hoax that picture.

20190618_124127-381x496.jpg.a262bbbf9809fecdfe77ffbb1549ed76.jpg

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

Yes, this is my favorite as well, though it probably is faked, still, it looks like they should :) 

I agree with you completely.:)

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Manwon, you were new here and posted a thread about this picture and i got a bit OCD and found all kinds of holes in the story its all in that thread,

Remember that would be a very small ghost and i believe something like this was used to hoax that picture.

20190618_124127-381x496.jpg.a262bbbf9809fecdfe77ffbb1549ed76.jpg

I remember that Bats, and like then I realize it is not real. I was just trying to make conversation, and I just really like the photo.:)

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, jethrofloyd said:

I must admit I don't believe in a ghosts. But the Freddy Jackson ghost photo and a story are both quite creepy!

https://www.theblackvault.com/casefiles/the-ghost-of-freddy-jackson/

mostmysteriousphotographsevertakenintheh

Cool photo thanks for sharing.:)

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 1