Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Alcatraz great escape: Did they survive?

Eldorado

In 1962, three inmates made an attempt to escape the prison.

Unlike other prisoners who had attempted this feat, these three were not caught or killed during the attempt.

At least, their bodies have never been found.

The men disappeared from the island and were never seen again.

Did they die in the treacherous waters of the Pacific or did they survive escaping the inescapable prison?

Full article at Do You Remember dot com: Link

June 1962 Alcatraz escape attempt: Wikipedia

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I feel that they did make it.Relatives of the Anglin brothers are convinced they made it and of of course the FBI will never admit they made it even after they received a letter from a man alleging to be the last surviving member of the trio.

Remember these guys were hard core criminals and should not be portrayed as Heros.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I think they made it.   

The men left plaster heads made with real human hair in their beds to fool the guards. They weren’t discovered missing until the next morning. 

The convicted bank robbers may have drowned in the attempt but no bodies have ever been found and the Anglin brothers allegedly had their photo taken at a bar in Brazil in 1975, according to the family. The FBI has not authenticated the photo, KGO-TV reported. 

What was thought to be part of a paddle and the raft were found off Angel Island, north of Alcatraz, and three men reportedly stole a car in the area that night.

"I think probably the brothers lived... but there's a chance that all three of them could have lived and they just split up once they left," U.S. Marshals Service Supervising Deputy Mike Dyke said in a 2011 interview with CBS News. "There's no body recovered. I can't close the case."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/us-marshals-searching-alcatraz-inmates-survived-60-years-ago

5 hours ago, Myles said:

I think they made it.   

The men left plaster heads made with real human hair in their beds to fool the guards. They weren’t discovered missing until the next morning. 

The convicted bank robbers may have drowned in the attempt but no bodies have ever been found and the Anglin brothers allegedly had their photo taken at a bar in Brazil in 1975, according to the family. The FBI has not authenticated the photo, KGO-TV reported. 

What was thought to be part of a paddle and the raft were found off Angel Island, north of Alcatraz, and three men reportedly stole a car in the area that night.

"I think probably the brothers lived... but there's a chance that all three of them could have lived and they just split up once they left," U.S. Marshals Service Supervising Deputy Mike Dyke said in a 2011 interview with CBS News. "There's no body recovered. I can't close the case."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/us-marshals-searching-alcatraz-inmates-survived-60-years-ago

There's also the photo the Anglin family received that was supposedly taken in Brazil by Fred Brizzi in the 70's of the Anglin brothers next to a termite mound. 

• Like 1

On 6/22/2022 at 6:45 PM, HSlim said:

There's also the photo the Anglin family received that was supposedly taken in Brazil by Fred Brizzi in the 70's of the Anglin brothers next to a termite mound. 

You have a link to that?

The fact the FBI routinely sends/sent observers to fsmily weddings and funerals is suggestive IMO….