Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Musk: 'Starship could go to Mars by 2024'

UM-Bot

Stratosphere this year ??? They are just doing little hop with a single engine prototype right now...

pfff, i'm a bit confused about their timeline...

Edited by Jon the frog
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, kartikg said:

2050 if we are extremely lucky. 

There are already plans to fly space tourists around the Moon by 2023 and now Musk has indicated that he hopes it will be possible to launch an unmanned mission to Mars the year after.

It would'nt include human occupants. There have already been 14 or more missions to the red planet and its not a long shot to think Musk could do it in 2024. A human mission to Mars however is forecast for the 2030's subject to change Im sure..

NASA is still aiming for human missions to Mars in the 2030s, though Earth independence could take decades longer.[98]

In November 2015, Administrator Bolden of NASA reaffirmed the goal of sending humans to Mars

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_mission_to_Mars#:~:text=NASA is still aiming for,of sending humans to Mars.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, khol said:

There are already plans to fly space tourists around the Moon by 2023 and now Musk has indicated that he hopes it will be possible to launch an unmanned mission to Mars the year after.

It would'nt include human occupants. There have already been 14 or more missions to the red planet and its not a long shot to think Musk could do it in 2024. A human mission to Mars however is forecast for the 2030's subject to change Im sure..

NASA is still aiming for human missions to Mars in the 2030s, though Earth independence could take decades longer.[98]

In November 2015, Administrator Bolden of NASA reaffirmed the goal of sending humans to Mars

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_mission_to_Mars#:~:text=NASA is still aiming for,of sending humans to Mars.

Bummer. I wanted to volunteer. I'd happily die on another planet if i were the first to get there. 

• Like 2

Humans have evolved to live on this planet, not Mars. If they want to send intelligent life to Mars, it should be AI. Which is rapidly becoming superior to us carbon-based llfe forms anyway.

• Haha 1