Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Nibiru the cause for Climate Change: X-Factor

Holyspirit

Is it possible that a 10th planet is causing global warming?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Is it possible that a 10th planet is causing global warming?

If a large body like a planet is approaching our Solar System and it were at a certain range it would affect our climate.  Back in 1983 the Washington Post reported that some researchers spotted a large body beyond our Solar System which would indicate it to be another planet.  Zecharia Sitchin, who studied the Sumerian texts theorized about a 10th planet named Nibiru and stated it had a 3600 year orbit around the Sun.  So if this planet is approaching its perigee for our Solar System this could explain all the heating up on earth.  I do believe some of the man made carbon emissions add to our Climate change, but I don't think it would be on the scale as another huge planet would be.  Here is the clip from the Washington Post:

Planet_X_Washington_Post_1983_p1-1024x81

I decided to go to the source for long term weather and look at ice-cores for the past 10,000 years.  NOTICE the heat ups during the 3600 year period crossovers.

nibiru.jpg

Finally even some Cal tech researchers are sensing another giant planet out beyond the Kupier belt: NASA went ahead and posted it on their site:

Overview

Caltech researchers have found mathematical evidence suggesting there may be a "Planet X" deep in the solar system. This hypothetical Neptune-sized planet orbits our Sun in a highly elongated orbit far beyond Pluto. The object, which the researchers have nicknamed "Planet Nine," could have a mass about 10 times that of Earth and orbit about 20 times farther from the Sun on average than Neptune. It may take between 10,000 and 20,000 Earth years to make one full orbit around the Sun.

The announcement does not mean there is a new planet in our solar system. The existence of this distant world is only theoretical at this point and no direct observation of the object nicknamed "Planet 9" have been made. The mathematical prediction of a planet could explain the unique orbits of some smaller objects in the Kuiper Belt, a distant region of icy debris that extends far beyond the orbit of Neptune. Astronomers are now searching for the predicted planet.

https://solarsystem.nasa.gov/planets/hypothetical-planet-x/in-depth/

• Thanks 1

Howdy Tom

Ah Sitchin, you don't see that name much any more.

The folks back then were noting gravity anomalies they were detecting/theorizing about - that I believe have now evolved not into a 9-10th planet but the influence of bodies in the Kuiper Belt.

https://solarsystem.nasa.gov/solar-system/kuiper-belt/overview/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuiper_belt

• Like 6

Hello @Tom O'Neil  I think you need to study geology a bit more.  I have heard about the idea that there is a 10th planet out there long before someone decided Pluto wasn't large enough to be a planet.  It was suggested as a way to reconcile the discrepancies that astronomers have had in determining the size of each planet in the solar system.   But if you think a 10th planet would cause climate change on Earth, why are you not looking closer to planets like Mars or Jupiter etc.?  It makes no sense that another planet further out would be the reason for climate change, unless you included every. planet in orbit around our sun.  If you had more information and understanding you could think more critically about this.

Not to mention Niburu is a new ager thing, lots of different stories about it and none of them make sense.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

IF there is a 10th planet and it is closing in perigee with our Solar System then I suppose if it was massive enough then its effects would be gravitational, a warming periods, volcanic and seismic.

Your thoughts Desertrat56?

9 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Hello @Tom O'Neil  I think you need to study geology a bit more.  I have heard about the idea that there is a 10th planet out there long before someone decided Pluto wasn't large enough to be a planet.  It was suggested as a way to reconcile the discrepancies that astronomers have had in determining the size of each planet in the solar system.   But if you think a 10th planet would cause climate change on Earth, why are you not looking closer to planets like Mars or Jupiter etc.?  It makes no sense that another planet further out would be the reason for climate change, unless you included every. planet in orbit around our sun.  If you had more information and understanding you could think more critically about this.

Not to mention Niburu is a new ager thing, lots of different stories about it and none of them make sense.

On top of which Nibiru is the ancient name for the city of Nippur which is most definitely NOT a planet. 

cormac

• Like 6

@Tom O'Neil why would scientists hide a 10th planet? It's ridiculous! Astronomers would be standing on eachothers backs to declare the find, if it was real!

The whole Nibiru hypothesis is a sham.

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, Tom O'Neil said:

IF there is a 10th planet and it is closing in perigee with our Solar System then I suppose if it was massive enough then its effects would be gravitational, a warming periods, volcanic and seismic.

They aren't hiding anything.  It depends on the orbit.  If it has a strange orbit maybe it could create something noticeable, but if that were the case it would not be supposition, it would be something we could see through a telescope.  The problem is you don't have astronomers saying this, it is new agers who want to prove that aliens visited our planet a long time ago or are visiting now.  But the orbit would still have to be very far from the sun for us to not have enough data to determine it is really there, which is where we are, still guessing.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 4

Oh Sitchin crap.

Might as well dunk your head in steak sauce and go for a walk in a tiger pit. You’re asking for a relentless shaming. 

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

The idea that a tenth planet is somehow causing global warming on our planet is absolutely ridiculous.

No, it is not possible, given our understanding of science.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Tom O'Neil said:

How would an approaching planet warm up the Earth? What's the mechanism?

And where is this planet at the moment? If it's approaching its perigee (I assume you actually mean perihelion as Nibiru can't possibly be orbiting the Earth if the orbit is 3600 years long) and it's Jupiter-sized, how can it be close enough to warm the Earth but far away enough that nobody has spotted it?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, zep73 said:

@Tom O'Neil why would scientists hide a 10th planet? It's ridiculous! Astronomers would be standing on eachothers backs to declare the find, if it was real!

The whole Nibiru hypothesis is a sham.

Isn't Niburu a Scientology, L. Ron Hubbard, Tom Cruise scam? 

2 hours ago, Tom O'Neil said:

2 hours ago, zep73 said:

why would scientists hide a 10th planet? It's ridiculous! Astronomers would be standing on eachothers backs to declare the find, if it was real!

1 hour ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

The idea that a tenth planet is somehow causing global warming on our planet is absolutely ridiculous.

First things first...

We'd still have to find a 9th planet before even talking about a 10th one, people!

there's only 8 we know of.

Edited by Orphalesion
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Orphalesion said:

First things first...

We'd still have to find a 9th planet before even talking about a 10th one, people!

Sorry, I'm old school, I still sometimes consider Pluto a planet...

• Like 5

2 hours ago, jaylemurph said:

Oh Sitchin crap.

Might as well dunk your head in steak sauce and go for a walk in a tiger pit. You’re asking for a relentless shaming. 

—Jaylemurph 

Ah, what kind, A-1 or one of the other poseurs?

17 minutes ago, Orphalesion said:

First things first...

For simplicity's sake, yes... there are only eight planets in our solar system. :P I forget to exclude Pluto quite often because it's just a different type of planet known as a "dwarf planet".

9 hours ago, Tom O'Neil said:

If a large body like a planet is approaching our Solar System and it were at a certain range it would affect our climate.  Back in 1983 the Washington Post reported that some researchers spotted a large body beyond our Solar System which would indicate it to be another planet.  Zecharia Sitchin, who studied the Sumerian texts theorized about a 10th planet named Nibiru and stated it had a 3600 year orbit around the Sun.  So if this planet is approaching its perigee for our Solar System this could explain all the heating up on earth.  I do believe some of the man made carbon emissions add to our Climate change, but I don't think it would be on the scale as another huge planet would be.  Here is the clip from the Washington Post:

Planet_X_Washington_Post_1983_p1-1024x81

I decided to go to the source for long term weather and look at ice-cores for the past 10,000 years.  NOTICE the heat ups during the 3600 year period crossovers.

nibiru.jpg

Finally even some Cal tech researchers are sensing another giant planet out beyond the Kupier belt: NASA went ahead and posted it on their site:

F241C996-4907-4F08-924F-9405F33974B2.jpeg.9c0131ea8b38f0cacc5831182e9e21f3.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I fail to see how a planet - which assuming it exists is currently well beyond the orbit of Pluto - can have any effect at all on Earth's climate.  Let alone cause humans to release masses of naturally sequestered CO2 back into the atmosphere ;)  

• Like 5

What I find most amazing about this post is that some people have actually answered yes in the poll. :wacko:

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Essan said:

I fail to see how a planet - which assuming it exists is currently well beyond the orbit of Pluto - can have any effect at all on Earth's climate.  Let alone cause humans to release masses of naturally sequestered CO2 back into the atmosphere ;)  

That's just what THEY want you to think!! 1!!

• Haha 3

Nibiru is Jupiter.

Your title makes it sound like researchers are suggesting Planet X is causing climate change.

11 hours ago, Tom O'Neil said:

Exactly, where are the gravitational effects?  A planet that has been traveling through the solar system is going to affect the orbits of other planets

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1