Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

covid cases rising

the13bats

2 minutes ago, Katniss said:

Maybe where you are at and that's good BTW if they are wearing their masks, but not where I'm at. Teenagers and twenty something year olds are the worst about not wearing their masks. I occasionally see a few seniors who either don't care or have a death wish that don't wear a mask.

What I see is up front in my face, Joc. Patient after patient sucking air because they thought the whole thing was fake. We even had people trying to diagnosis themselves as having something else, like a cold or sinus infection, because they didn't believe it when we tested them and they have covid-19. One guy kept telling us he thought it must be broken ribs, even after we showed him a x-ray of his ribs, perfectly fine, and his chest cavity full of infection, the usual dark areas totally covered in white mass.

I don't need the media to tell me anything, when I'm in the thick of it.

As a former Navy Corpsman who also worked in the local ER at the civilian hospital...I appreciate all  you do Katniss.  I am not saying  this isn't real.  All I'm saying is that wearing a mask is not helping...in fact...from the beginning I said it was a bad idea because people have a false sense of security.   And there are many who have acquired the virus regardless of their wearing masks, antisepting and social distancing.  All I'm saying really is that this whole mask thing is fake and the Media and Political Left have  made it a political issue.  

Again...I so appreciate all you do and hope you stay well doing it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, joc said:

As a former Navy Corpsman who also worked in the local ER at the civilian hospital...I appreciate all  you do Katniss.  I am not saying  this isn't real.  All I'm saying is that wearing a mask is not helping...in fact...from the beginning I said it was a bad idea because people have a false sense of security.   And there are many who have acquired the virus regardless of their wearing masks, antisepting and social distancing.  All I'm saying really is that this whole mask thing is fake and the Media and Political Left have  made it a political issue.  

Again...I so appreciate all you do and hope you stay well doing it!

Thank you, but I still disagree with you about the effectiveness of wearing masks. I'll just be glad when the vaccines get out to the public and at some point we start seeing reductions in corona-virus cases to almost nothing. Then we all can finally put this misery behind us. :(

• Like 2

1 hour ago, joc said:

It's because mask rules are stupid.  The virus is still spiking...getting worse and worse and worse...and how can it be getting worse and worse and worse if everyone is wearing a mask?  How many people have I infected?  ZERO   So don't blame me for hysteria generated by the media.  

I already told you, everyone is NOT wearing a mask. You aren't, you said you aren't so right there you invalidated the argument you have repeated at least twice.  There is the fallacy of your protest.  And now you have gotten the same response from a hospital worker, who would know more about it that you do.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, joc said:

The problem is:   You people want to blame me for the world pandemic and I don't even have the  virus.  Haven't even been sick.  Haven't had a fever. 

Yes, I blame you and you should be blamed.  I blame you because you claim and practise stupid things. Because you claim that you dont have the virus but, how can you know for sure? Do you get tested every 2 hours? Do you think you are unassailable in general, Achilles?

But I am a bad person because I won't put on a mask.   Now if that isn't Social Shaming I don't know what is...but guess what NW...I am not ashamed to be free.  But you are entitled to the belief system your parents instilled in you from birth.  Have fun with that.

You are an ignorant and arrogant person if you exercise your personal ******* freedom, what ever that should mean, on the shoulders of others. Do you think that your ******* freedom is above the right of integrity of the community?

Another attempt at social shaming:  I get out of my car at Walmart...an elderly man and woman get out of their car wearing masks.  He sees me walking in the parking lot without a mask and shouts...Where's your mask?   I looked over and said, What?  Are you the Mask Police?     

You are a real American hero. Nominated for Mount Rushmore, Fox News interview and invitation to Mar-a-Lago pending.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, toast said:

Yes, I blame you and you should be blamed.  I blame you because you claim and practise stupid things. Because you claim that you dont have the virus but, how can you know for sure? Do you get tested every 2 hours? Do you think you are unassailable in general, Achilles?

You are an ignorant and arrogant person if you exercise your personal ******* freedom, what ever that should mean, on the shoulders of others. Do you think that your ******* freedom is above the right of integrity of the community?

You are a real American hero. Nominated for Mount Rushmore, Fox News interview and invitation to Mar-a-Lago pending.

See Folks...this is exactly what I'm talking about  ...  Social Shaming. 

Take a walk on the wild side...come on Toast...step out of your Birth Box...forget all the drivel your parents taught you and start thinking for yourself.  It's a tough challenge I know...but worth it.  Or just wallow in the beliefs of your great grandparents handed down to you from your parents and hand them down as well to your children to keep the whole...'I don't ever think for myself'...social bs thing alive.

3 minutes ago, joc said:

Take a walk on the wild side...come on Toast...step out of your Birth Box...forget all the drivel your parents taught you and start thinking for yourself.  It's a tough challenge I know...but worth it.  Or just wallow in the beliefs of your great grandparents handed down to you from your parents and hand them down as well to your children to keep the whole...'I don't ever think for myself'...social bs thing alive.

You were doing the same social shaming by accusing everyone of believing a lie.   And what you consider a lie is actually your ignorance. So just give it up.  This thread is about the covid cases rising, not whether to wear a mask or not.  You brought it on yourself.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 3

51 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I already told you, everyone is NOT wearing a mask. You aren't, you said you aren't so right there you invalidated the argument you have repeated at least twice.  There is the fallacy of your protest.  And now you have gotten the same response from a hospital worker, who would know more about it that you do.

There is no fallacy.  To believe that a virus can only travel one direction through a porous mask is fallacy.  To believe that you are  protecting those around you by wearing a mask that let's at least 40% of the virus out is ridiculous.  Here is one for you:  If you REALLY are concerned about spreading the virus...stay home!

Edited by joc
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Desertrat56 said:

You were doing the same social shaming by accusing everyone of believing a lie.   And what you consider a lie is actually your ignorance. So just give it up.  This thread is about the covid cases rising, not whether to wear a mask or not.  You brought it on yourself.

Okay...why are the covid cases rising when the vast majority of people are wearing a mask?  Because the hype around the mask it total bs.  The real reason the virus is spreading like wildfire is because they reopened the schools...and no one is staying home...and everyone is doing what they've always done thinking they be protected by their stupid mask.

the real reason is because people are NOT social distancing.  It's all a charade...I see it everywhere I go.    Everyone talks about evidence...proof...yada, yada, yada...there is no proof that masks stop the spread of the virus.  In fact...as I have said from the beginning...the mask is increasing the spread of the virus.  People are hanging them on their rearview mirrors...wearing the same mask over and over...doesn't matter...wear a mask.  No one is willing to have  a real intelligent conversation about it though.  Just...bad orange hair man...bad joc.

Think!  You aren't thinking.  You are listening to the News Think.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Katniss said:

Thank you, but I still disagree with you about the effectiveness of wearing masks. I'll just be glad when the vaccines get out to the public and at some point we start seeing reductions in corona-virus cases to almost nothing. Then we all can finally put this misery behind us. :(

Oh it's definitely coming.  The same thing will be said of the Vaccine as it is about the Masks:  If you don't get a vaccine it's because you don't care about others.  I can tell  you definitely...I will NOT be getting a vaccine.

50 minutes ago, joc said:

I dont care how you name it.

Take a walk on the wild side...come on Toast...step out of your Birth Box...forget all the drivel your parents taught you and start thinking for yourself. 

Of course, a lot of people have/had stupid parents who taught their kids drivel and nonsense. But for me, I`m the offspring of 2 very smart people who taught me from the beginning on to think by myself and how to be emphatic. I think thats one reason why I`m able to see the world with a very realistic view, but you dont maybe because of your parents wrong influence in the past.

It's a tough challenge I know...but worth it.  Or just wallow in the beliefs of your great grandparents handed down to you from your parents and hand them down as well to your children to keep the whole...'I don't ever think for myself'...social bs thing alive.

Blah-blah-blah-blah. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, toast said:

I dont care how you name it.

Of course, a lot of people have/had stupid parents who taught their kids drivel and nonsense. But for me, I`m the offspring of 2 very smart people who taught me from the beginning on to think by myself and how to be emphatic. I think thats one reason why I`m able to see the world with a very realistic view, but you dont maybe because of your parents wrong influence in the past.

Blah-blah-blah-blah. 

I like  you toast...I don't care what  your political ideologies are.  I don't think  you like me but for the record...I like you.  

1 minute ago, joc said:

I like  you toast...I don't care what  your political ideologies are.  I don't think  you like me but for the record...I like you.  

Well, I still have a some sympathy for you as well but but your views on the C19 thing are terrible and destructive.

2 hours ago, Katniss said:

Maybe where you are at and that's good BTW if they are wearing their masks, but not where I'm at. Teenagers and twenty something year olds are the worst about not wearing their masks. I occasionally see a few seniors who either don't care or have a death wish that don't wear a mask.

What I see is up front in my face, Joc. Patient after patient sucking air because they thought the whole thing was fake. We even had people trying to diagnosis themselves as having something else, like a cold or sinus infection, because they didn't believe it when we tested them and they have covid-19. One guy kept telling us he thought it must be broken ribs, even after we showed him a x-ray of his ribs, perfectly fine, and his chest cavity full of infection, the usual dark areas totally covered in white mass.

I don't need the media to tell me anything, when I'm in the thick of it.

God Katniss. I'm double masking when I go out in public. I wear a surgical mask under a cloth mask. My former coworkers at the nursing facility I worked at are doing the same and are now gowning up every day when they go on shift. And they haven't had any cases in their facility yet. Knock on wood. It's anything to protect their residents as cases soar.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, susieice said:

Someone posted a youtube video in status today about the Astra Zenneca tests and the difference.  I have a cousin who is a geneticist and his wife is a pharmacist.  She told me last week that the Astra Zeneca vaccine is the one she would trust over the other two.  And seeing the video, that they will not be making a profit off it the first year AND it does not require freezing like the other two, it is the most reasonable one.    

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Desertrat56 said:

Someone posted a youtube video in status today about the Astra Zenneca tests and the difference.  I have a cousin who is a geneticist and his wife is a pharmacist.  She told me last week that the Astra Zeneca vaccine is the one she would trust over the other two.  And seeing the video, that they will not be making a profit off it the first year AND it does not require freezing like the other two, it is the most reasonable one.    

You have the right to wait for whatever vaccine you feel comfortable with. I think most healthcare workers will take the one they get.

• Like 4

People SAY that masks are being worn, but there is a huge amount of people who will not wear the PROPERLY.  They pull them down to talk to others thinking they can't be heard, wear them unde their noses, or on their bloody chins....so, no, the usage of masks is not where it should be.  Wearing it properly when people are looking, then removing it when they aren't doesn't cut it.  EVERYONE needs to follow the guidelines if we want to stop the spread.  No social gatherings where no one follows the guidelines. How many weddings, funerals and birthdays have been in the news lately as super spreader events?  No  you can tell yourself people are wearing masks, but, I see it every day where they are only superficially wearing them .

• Like 2

On 11/29/2020 at 1:29 AM, and then said:

It's clearly about a planned suppression of our economies and an effort to experiment to see just how tyrannical governments can be before violence ensues.  

2020 has been difficult on your mental health.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, joc said:

Another attempt at social shaming:  I get out of my car at Walmart...an elderly man and woman get out of their car wearing masks.  He sees me walking in the parking lot without a mask and shouts...Where's your mask?   I looked over and said, What?  Are you the Mask Police?     

The behavior of average Germans in the 30s is beginning to be far easier to grasp these days.  It's like a disease that spreads through a culture.  Watch this vaccine be the beginning of government tyranny against citizens.  Hey, let them come.  

10 hours ago, susieice said:

You have the right to wait for whatever vaccine you feel comfortable with. I think most healthcare workers will take the one they get.

Do you believe that right will soon disappear?  I do.  I think our governments will continue to increase pressure to comply until it will become a criminal act worthy of losing ones liberty if they won't obey.  THIS despite the absolutely factual data showing the miniscule risk of death for the average individual.  If this virus was even 1/3 as deadly as the so-called Spanish Influenza, I could agree that such measures were necessary.  That virus killed between 50 and 100 million people around the world. It did so in less than 2 years.  

When one accepts that their government has the right and the unquestioned power to force citizens to inject a vaccine into their body, what right will EVER be safe again?

2 minutes ago, and then said:

Do you believe that right will soon disappear?  I do.  I think our governments will continue to increase pressure to comply until it will become a criminal act worthy of losing ones liberty if they won't obey.  THIS despite the absolutely factual data showing the miniscule risk of death for the average individual.  If this virus was even 1/3 as deadly as the so-called Spanish Influenza, I could agree that such measures were necessary.  That virus killed between 50 and 100 million people around the world. It did so in less than 2 years.  

When one accepts that their government has the right and the unquestioned power to force citizens to inject a vaccine into their body, what right will EVER be safe again?

Do you really think this will happen? The government hasn't been able to force the antivaxers to immunize their children. A lot of people don't get the yearly flu shot. I don't think they can force anyone to get the Covid vaccine. Media may make you feel like a pariah, but I don't think you can be forced to get it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, and then said:

If this virus was even 1/3 as deadly as the so-called Spanish Influenza, I could agree that such measures were necessary. 

Yet in the Spanish Flu period, they were saying...don't drink the water...don't drink the water...because they didn't have a clue how it was being spread.  They stopped drinking the water but the cases still increased.   Because it wasn't in the water...it was in the air.  Now they are saying it's everywhere...on surfaces so disinfect...in the air so wear a mask...they don't have a clue really how people are getting it.  Probably from close family and friend contact.  Upclose and personal...not from wafting viruses at Wally World. From their little snotty nosed kids who are back in school being indoctrinated about how bad the orange haired man is and how this is all his fault and how he is too stupid to wear a mask. Geez...we're so doomed...

Edited by joc
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, susieice said:

God Katniss. I'm double masking when I go out in public. I wear a surgical mask under a cloth mask. My former coworkers at the nursing facility I worked at are doing the same and are now gowning up every day when they go on shift. And they haven't had any cases in their facility yet. Knock on wood. It's anything to protect their residents as cases soar.

That's great to read, Susieice. Your former coworkers are obviously on top of things and deeply care about their patients. Your post reminds me of the two symptomatic hair stylists infected with covid-19, yet wore face masks when they took care of their clients needs at a hair salon. :) Consideration to others goes a long way.

Absence of Apparent Transmission of SARS-CoV-2 from Two Stylists After Exposure at a Hair Salon with a Universal Face Covering Policy — Springfield, Missouri, May 2020

Edited by Katniss
  • Like 3

22 hours ago, joc said:

Oh it's definitely coming.  The same thing will be said of the Vaccine as it is about the Masks:  If you don't get a vaccine it's because you don't care about others.  I can tell  you definitely...I will NOT be getting a vaccine.

I'm not surprised. But you know then again there are people that don't get the regular flu vaccine every year, for various reasons or another. Although I'm willing to bet that most will get the vaccine by the end of 2021, even in your area. Because if everyone in your area is wearing masks like you said, most will probably have the same mindset to get vaccinated by the end of 2021 because they take this virus serious enough where they feel it's better to be safe than sorry later.

Edited by Katniss
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

My cousin said that the video below is accurate, it does not mention that the RNA version of the vaccine is a new strategy that has not been used AND any one who gets those vaccines are contagious, which is contradictory to the point of a vaccine.  The DNA version is how vaccines have always been created and they do not make the receiver contagious.  

• Like 1