Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] James Randi has died

Carnoferox

1 hour ago, rashore said:

Leave it at respects for someone who has died. 

Randi is a guy that made his public career out of demeaning others. I would think we can have an adult conversation about that like we would about Sylvia Browne or Uri Geller (when he dies someday). I hope this forum would be consistent in demanding respect for those psychic/paranormal figures after they pass.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Randi is a guy that made his public career out of demeaning others. I would think we can have an adult conversation about that like we would about Sylvia Browne or Uri Geller (when he dies someday). I hope this forum would be consistent in demanding respect for those psychic/paranormal figures after they pass.

I hope you leave this thread at respects and that's it. I also hope that when others die that people will be respectful at that time to those people as well. That will be conversations for another time.

That would be an adult conversation- to just leave it at respects, and let it rest. Or just leave the thread alone, if one cannot keep it at respects. 

• Thanks 7

R.I.P. James. Thank you for everything you did and you will be missed :(

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• The topic was locked

Thread cleaned, again... 

And again as has been requested, for obvious reasons, let's keep the comments civil and respectful please.

• Thanks 1

• The topic was unlocked

I'm surprised that there is so much animosity towards a man dedicated to expose frauds. Even if you believe in the paranormal isn't it in everybodys best interest to expose those that prey on peoples trust ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/24/2020 at 4:19 PM, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

I'm surprised that there is so much animosity towards a man dedicated to expose frauds. Even if you believe in the paranormal isn't it in everybodys best interest to expose those that prey on peoples trust ?

Critical thinking is a tool, it’s not a law of the universe.

It’s also severely limited by our current understanding. For example, try explaining epilepsy to people living 2,000 years ago. Would critical thinking have proven that a person wasn’t possessed by the Devil, thus possibly saving a life?

A recognition of the limitations of critical thinking, is also critical to thinking.

R.I.P. James Randi ... 

Edited by Raptor Witness

He's dead? I don't believe it....

• The topic was locked