Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

George Floyds case and trial

docyabut2

26 minutes ago, President-Elect Acidhead said:

$27 million 

Minneapolis City Council will pay George Floyd's family $27m (£19.4m) to settle a civil lawsuit over his killing in police custody.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/city-of-minneapolis-to-pay-27m-settlement-to-george-floyd-family/ar-BB1ewDoz?

Ok all why I think George Floyd  wasn't killed by the police  .

This is what really happen to my Son. I took him to the hospital cause he couldn't breathe. He was admitted in finding what was wrong with him. He was also in alcohol detoxing  and lost his mind in delusions. They put him in a back room to stopped him from his fighting in wanting to  leave  . Security police came in and he remembered they put in down and one put his knee on his neck and back for a long time, that  it hurt for a few weeks . Medical  found out he was having ammonia and why he couldn't breathe. He stay in the hospital.

The police didn't kill my son is why ,what  I trying to say, the police might not have killed George Floyd and that he might have died from having a over dose on fentanyl .

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

Ok all why I think George Floyd  wasn't killed by the police  .

This is what really happen to my Son. I took him to the hospital cause he couldn't breathe. He was admitted in finding what was wrong with him. He was also in alcohol detoxing  and lost his mind in delusions. They put him in a back room to stopped him from his fighting in wanting to  leave  . Security police came in and he remembered they put in down and one put his knee on his neck and back for a long time, that  it hurt for a few weeks . Medical  found out he was having ammonia and why he couldn't breathe. He stay in the hospital.

The police didn't kill my son is why ,what  I trying to say, the police might not have killed George Floyd and that he might have died from having a over dose on fentanyl .

Sorry that happened to you. Id tend to agree, he was dying when the police pulled up.

It is unfortunate though that one forensic doctor determined the knee could have been partly responsible, because that's a lot of doubt put forward. The officer is going to be at least partly responsible. Floyd was nonresponsive when he stopped kneeling on him. That's the part he did wrong. When Floyd stopped moving, the officer should have jumped off him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eldorado said:

Minneapolis City Council will pay George Floyd's family $27m (£19.4m) to settle a civil lawsuit over his killing in police custody.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/city-of-minneapolis-to-pay-27m-settlement-to-george-floyd-family/ar-BB1ewDoz?

That seems like a likely settlement in such a case. They should take it.

Medical  found out he was having ammonia.  Sorry I had a  stroke and get my words mixed up  meant to say Pneumonia not ammonia:)

Doesn't matter if the main result of Floyd's death was by cop or not. Chauvin kneeling on his neck like that? I'd say we're looking at a manslaughter charge. The other messed up thing is them trying to make Floyd some type of hero. He's not a hero. He's more of a thug than a hero and Chauvin is a bully who went too far this time. 

Edited by Hyperionxvii
  • Like 6

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/13/2021 at 11:57 PM, Hyperionxvii said:

Doesn't matter if the main result of Floyd's death was by cop or not. Chauvin kneeling on his neck like that? I'd say we're looking at a manslaughter charge. The other messed up thing is them trying to make Floyd some type of hero. He's not a hero. He's more of a thug than a hero and Chauvin is a bully who went too far this time. 

While the ascetics of the bystander video are incredibly bad, Chauvin was using a technique that was taught to him and all other officers in his department. The knee on the neck is used when restraining people who have drug induced mania, as these people can react violently with no warning.

The people who are trying to compare this to some sort of racist lynching are really reaching IMO. If you watch the entire body cam footage you can see just how leniently Floyd was treated. He was offered water in the back of the police car. He stated multiple times he couldn't breath before he was put in the police car. He complained of claustrophobia before being put in the police car and was removed from the police car when he was getting erratic. He asked to be on the ground and the police officer complied and used the technique he was trained in for erratic drug addled perps.

Blame the training if you want, but the autopsy results found no bruising around the neck of Floyd, which is the minimum damage you would expect in a strangulation.

Chauvin's case will be dismissed and the riots will continue.

Unpopular opinion I know.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Agree, the autopsy results found no bruising around the neck of Floyd, that would have caused his death.His death was not a homicide, but a overdose of the metabolites , fentanyl, drugs that he hid in his mouth.

7 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

Agree, the autopsy results found no bruising around the neck of Floyd, that would have caused his death.His death was not a homicide, but a overdose of the metabolites , fentanyl, drugs that he hid in his mouth.

"the Hennepin County Medical Examiner issued a press release, and subsequent to that, the full autopsy report, which indicated that the cause of death was "cardiopulmonary arrest complicating law enforcement subdual, restraint, and neck compression," and that the manner of death was homicide. They listed arteriosclerotic and hypertensive heart disease, fentanyl intoxication, and recent methamphetamine use as other significant conditions contributing to death."

https://www.medpagetoday.com/blogs/working-stiff/86913

In its opening, the state said it would call seven medical experts, in addition to the Hennepin County medical examiner, Dr. Andrew Baker, who performed the only autopsy on Mr. Floyd. Mr. Baker classified the death as a homicide and said the cause was “cardiopulmonary arrest complicating law enforcement subdual, restraint and neck compression” — essentially, that the physical restraint of Mr. Floyd was a significant factor, and that he died of a heart attack.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/29/us/george-floyd-cause-of-death.html

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

"the Hennepin County Medical Examiner issued a press release, and subsequent to that, the full autopsy report, which indicated that the cause of death was "cardiopulmonary arrest complicating law enforcement subdual, restraint, and neck compression," and that the manner of death was homicide. They listed arteriosclerotic and hypertensive heart disease, fentanyl intoxication, and recent methamphetamine use as other significant conditions contributing to death."

https://www.medpagetoday.com/blogs/working-stiff/86913

In its opening, the state said it would call seven medical experts, in addition to the Hennepin County medical examiner, Dr. Andrew Baker, who performed the only autopsy on Mr. Floyd. Mr. Baker classified the death as a homicide and said the cause was “cardiopulmonary arrest complicating law enforcement subdual, restraint and neck compression” — essentially, that the physical restraint of Mr. Floyd was a significant factor, and that he died of a heart attack.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/29/us/george-floyd-cause-of-death.html

Evidence,  the autopsy results found no bruising around the neck of Floyd, that would have caused his death

• Sad 1

Flipping the tv channels i noticed liberal outlets were  giving wall to wall coverage while the Conservative stations were ignoring it.. Why is this?

Depends whether anything actually interesting is happening at the moment in the trial ? 

The liberal channels will be giving it saturation coverage because it is deemed to be a cause-celebre for racism. The conservative stations might just be waiting for something to actually happen ? 

• Like 2

Racists are mad that the cop is being held acciuntable so of course their new sources will not give it any more attention than they have to, its a salt in a wound idea like powell saying no reasonable person would have believed her claims of election fraud.

• Haha 1

• The title was changed to George Floyds case and trial
1 hour ago, the13bats said:

Racists are mad that the cop is being held acciuntable so of course their new sources will not give it any more attention than they have to, 

He hasn’t been held  accountable yet, he might be acquitted. 

• Like 1

There is probably plenty still to learn but I'll go out on a limb and say Chauvin is guilty of manslaughter.  Yes Floyds drug use was a contributing factor and yes Chauvin was following his training but I'm pretty sure he should also have been expected to monitor the condition of the person who he was kneeling on.  He was negligent and contributed to the death of a human being.  Just my two cents.  That's probably the only post I'll bother making in this thread. 

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, WVK said:

He hasn’t been held  accountable yet, he might be acquitted. 

I might be wrong but i see a trial as being held accountable, he was at the very least involved in floyds death and at the moment the trial is holding him accountable for his actions that day and the jury will decide if the officer is guilty of not just being involved in the mans death but to some degree causing it hence why hes charged with like 3 things.

Its a very complicated case.

9 minutes ago, OverSword said:

There is probably plenty still to learn but I'll go out on a limb and say Chauvin is guilty of manslaughter.  Yes Floyds drug use was a contributing factor and yes Chauvin was following his training but I'm pretty sure he should also have been expected to monitor the condition of the person who he was kneeling on.  He was negligent and contributed to the death of a human being.  Just my two cents.  That's probably the only post I'll bother making in this thread. 

Sometimes less is more and this is a great example you summed it up rather well,

I will do that same go out on a limb thing and say the word here is "contributed" the officer did contribute and the court will figure out to what degree.

2 hours ago, WVK said:

Flipping the tv channels i noticed liberal outlets were  giving wall to wall coverage while the Conservative stations were ignoring it.. Why is this?

because some channels report news, others create narrative

• Thanks 1

Meanwhile, a key witness who was with George Floyd on the day he died, has informed the court that he will invoke the Fifth Amendment if asked to testify in Chauvin's trial. The Hennepin County Public Defender's Office filed a notice on behalf of Morries Lester Hall, 42, who was in the car with Floyd when police approached him for allegedly using a fake $20 bill at Cup Foods in Minneapolis. 

"Mr. Morries Lester Hall, through undersigned counsel, hereby provides notice to all parties in this matter that if called to testify he will invoke his fifth amendment privilege against self-incrimination," said a notice filed by Assistant Public Defender Adrienne Cousins. "Therefore, counsel for Mr. Hall respectfully moves this court to quash the subpoena ... and release Mr. Hall from any obligations therein."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/live-updates-derek-chauvin-trail-continues-thursday

41 minutes ago, aztek said:

because some channels report news, others create narrative

A dangerous narrative  that  sees everything through a racial lens. This wouldn’t be a story if Floyd were white. Would Chauvin have taken his knee off  Floyd’s neck sooner if he were white? 

9 minutes ago, WVK said:

A dangerous narrative  that  sees everything through a racial lens. This wouldn’t be a story if Floyd were white. Would Chauvin have taken his knee off  Floyd’s neck sooner if he were white? 

would Chauvin even be on trial if he was black? 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, WVK said:

I agree you do see things through a racist lense.

This wouldnt be a story if a LEO hadnt gone too far and contributed to a mans death,

Would the LEO had taken his knee off neck of victim had he been white?  i wonder had the victim been white would the knee ever been placed on neck at all much less for over 9mins,

Court will sort it out.

Edited by the13bats