Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
UM-Bot

Weird creatures filmed in Argentina & Brazil

28 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

skliss

Obvious fakes. You can see the "creature" better in the 1st one. No way a true, wild creature would jump up into the light of the flashlight instead of slinking off in darkness. The fact that the expression on the face stays exactly the same suggests to me....mask.  Who said they were filmed in 2 different countries? The video poster? I doubt that too.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Matt221

hmmm not sure whether it's a fake or a really bad fake ................. i have nothing more

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jethrofloyd

South American variant of Yoda? :lol:

1465854-yoda1.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Indridcold3223

I think these could potentially be real footage, but what they show isn't an unknown beast, rather it is a perfectly natural and well known animal native to South America, known as a spectacled bear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jaded1
9 minutes ago, Indridcold3223 said:

I think these could potentially be real footage, but what they show isn't an unknown beast, rather it is a perfectly natural and well known animal native to South America, known as a spectacled bear.

That's no spectacled bear. Look at the still I've captured from the video. It's definitely a person dressed up with a mask on. Note the big, pointy ears and long, almost trunk-like, nose. A spectacled bear has short, rounded ears and a snout. It does not have a proboscis.

image.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jon the frog

Look like fake because of the absence of eyes reflection, probably a mask.

But the big ears, long snout and the size remind me of a tapir.
 

Scientists discover a new species of tapir in Brazil | Focusing on Wildlife

Edited by Jon the frog
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DreadLordAvatar

Freaky how in both cases they instantly bolted off at near light speed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tortugabob

A man in a cheap money suit. Nothing to see here people. Move along.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Eil44

The movement of the creatures are like Jim Henson's creations, too rigid and human like in their movements.  Nice try though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rolci

Fake... said the first scientists to examine a preserved platypus body.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the13bats
5 hours ago, Eil44 said:

The movement of the creatures are like Jim Henson's creations, too rigid and human like in their movements.  Nice try though.

^^^this^^^

Reminds me of a muppet puppet costume type thing from dark crystal.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MissJatti

It different ran on two legs, like a human.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jaded1
10 hours ago, Rolci said:

Fake... said the first scientists to examine a preserved platypus body.

Ok, I'm assuming that means that you don't think it's fake? Really? What do you think it is then? A troll? A goblin? Or something a little less fanciful?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stiff
16 hours ago, tortugabob said:

A man in a cheap money suit.

Like this one?

I can't see it myself :D

kog29uyermm01.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jon the frog
On 10/24/2020 at 11:00 AM, Jon the frog said:

Look like fake because of the absence of eyes reflection, probably a mask.

But the big ears, long snout and the size remind me of a tapir.
 

Scientists discover a new species of tapir in Brazil | Focusing on Wildlife

The one in argentina look like a bit like a  tapir sniffing up

Forgotten Species - Tapir

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DieChecker

Mask...

It "sneaks" forward in full sight. Then stands up. THEN gets scared and runs off.

Right....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HollyDolly

Well if the creature in the above video is real, and not a human in a monkey suit, then it could be some sort of monkey. If you Google the Fawcett Expedition, which was looking for some lost city in the Brazilian Jungle, there is a photo of a large monkey .It is sitting on a box and they have a long cane under it's chin to hold the head up.Guess this thing is the size of a chimp or biogger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alchopwn
On 10/25/2020 at 11:19 AM, Rolci said:

Fake... said the first scientists to examine a preserved platypus body.

I consider the platypus to be my spirit animal.  Then again I am generally covered in oily fur, have permanent duck face, and can be a toxic prick despite being a mammal mostly.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gaden

 

I would like someone to give me just one example of A; An animal that does not shrink from a bright light. And B; An animal whose eyes do not not reflect said bright light.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
onlookerofmayhem
33 minutes ago, Gaden said:

 

I would like someone to give me just one example of A; An animal that does not shrink from a bright light. And B; An animal whose eyes do not not reflect said bright light.

A. That depends on the situation. I've had deer stand totally still while driving towards them with high beams on. Also spotlighting them with a strong light usually freezes them.

B. Humans. Squirrels. Kangaroos. Pigs. -

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tapetum_lucidum

I'm not sure if question B is a follow up and inclusive to A, but deer do have eyeshine.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nobu
13 hours ago, onlookerofmayhem said:

A. That depends on the situation. I've had deer stand totally still while driving towards them with high beams on. Also spotlighting them with a strong light usually freezes them.

B. Humans. Squirrels. Kangaroos. Pigs. -

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tapetum_lucidum

I'm not sure if question B is a follow up and inclusive to A, but deer do have eyeshine.

I agree. A lot of animals I shoot when I go out to hike and take pictures of will freeze at night when light hits them -Even predators.

I am not so sure about these videos. The one definitely looks like the animal Jon the Frog  posted.

Edited by Nobu
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Trelane

It's time to play the music. It's time to light the lights;
It's time to meet the Muppets on the Muppet Show tonight.
It's time to put on make up. It's time to dress up right;
It's time to raise the curtain on the Muppet Show tonight.....

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
openozy
On 11/14/2020 at 10:04 AM, onlookerofmayhem said:

. Humans. Squirrels. Kangaroos. Pigs. -

Have a lot of roos in New Joysey mate?lol.

Edited by openozy
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.