Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
janesix

strange dreams

Recommended Posts

janesix

I have always had strange dreams, but most of the strange ones have been in the last several years:

Dreams of being an animal (a reindeer)

Dreams of being the opposite sex

Dreams of being someone else

Dreams of being myself but with a totally different personality

Dream on mars

Dream of being in a country I've never been to (England, Isreal)

Dreams of tornados, earthquakes, floods

Dreams of being in a video game, as myself or a character

Time travel, parellel universes

There are more but I wont go into them more right now.

And the weirdest has been over the last two weeks. I was manic and insomniac, "sleeping" only two to four hours a night. And I say sleeping in quotes because I don't think I was really even sleeping, It didn't feel like sleep, I kept having spiritual experiences, and I wasn't dreaming at all.

Can anyone relate to any of this?

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
zep73

I can relate to not sleeping. I wake up minimum one time every night, sometimes 3 or 4 times. Usually I fall asleep again within 20 minutes, but sometimes it takes an hour or more.
It started as a side effect from my medication, but after I stopped taking it, it kept occuring, like a really really bad habbit. When I was on the meds I woke up in fear, and was scared half the night, but without the meds it's just the waking up.

Edited by zep73

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
janesix
4 hours ago, zep73 said:

I can relate to not sleeping. I wake up minimum one time every night, sometimes 3 or 4 times. Usually I fall asleep again within 20 minutes, but sometimes it takes an hour or more.
It started as a side effect from my medication, but after I stopped taking it, it kept occuring, like a really really bad habbit. When I was on the meds I woke up in fear, and was scared half the night, but without the meds it's just the waking up.

Yeah it sucks, I usually cant sleep for more than an hour at a time

a few nights ago was the best I had for months, I slept two, then three, then three more, with only a few minutes awake between them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zep73
4 minutes ago, janesix said:

Yeah it sucks, I usually cant sleep for more than an hour at a time

a few nights ago was the best I had for months, I slept two, then three, then three more, with only a few minutes awake between them

I also had one really good night a few weeks ago. Woke once, and fell asleep a few minutes later.

The way I get through this, is to sometimes take a so-called 'power nap' in the afternoon. Just 20 minutes where I feel the melatonin ooze through the brain, and then I'm fresh again.
Lucky for me I don't have a day job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Meridian O
8 hours ago, janesix said:

I have always had strange dreams, but most of the strange ones have been in the last several years:

Dreams of being an animal (a reindeer)

Dreams of being the opposite sex

Dreams of being someone else

Dreams of being myself but with a totally different personality

Dream on mars

Dream of being in a country I've never been to (England, Isreal)

Dreams of tornados, earthquakes, floods

Dreams of being in a video game, as myself or a character

Time travel, parellel universes

There are more but I wont go into them more right now.

And the weirdest has been over the last two weeks. I was manic and insomniac, "sleeping" only two to four hours a night. And I say sleeping in quotes because I don't think I was really even sleeping, It didn't feel like sleep, I kept having spiritual experiences, and I wasn't dreaming at all.

Can anyone relate to any of this?

 

 

Dreams of being an animal (a reindeer)                                                      Yes! The apocalypse deer

Dreams of being the opposite sex                                                                No! Not that I recall

Dreams of being someone else                                                                    Yes! As in reincarnated 

Dreams of being myself but with a totally different personality                     No! Not that I recall

Dream on mars                                                                                             Yes!

Dream of being in a country I've never been to (England, Isreal)                 Yes! Isreal, libya, America and other places which I don't recall now. 

Dreams of tornados, earthquakes, floods                                                      Yes!

Dreams of being in a video game, as myself or a character                          Yes!

Time travel, parellel universes                                                                        Yes!

There are more but I wont go into them more right now.

And the weirdest has been over the last two weeks. I was manic and insomniac, "sleeping" only two to four hours a night. And I say sleeping in quotes because I don't think I was really even sleeping, It didn't feel like sleep, I kept having spiritual experiences, and I wasn't dreaming at all.

Can anyone relate to any of this?     Yes! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
janesix
13 hours ago, Meridian O said:

Dreams of being an animal (a reindeer)                                                      Yes! The apocalypse deer

Dreams of being the opposite sex                                                                No! Not that I recall

Dreams of being someone else                                                                    Yes! As in reincarnated 

Dreams of being myself but with a totally different personality                     No! Not that I recall

Dream on mars                                                                                             Yes!

Dream of being in a country I've never been to (England, Isreal)                 Yes! Isreal, libya, America and other places which I don't recall now. 

Dreams of tornados, earthquakes, floods                                                      Yes!

Dreams of being in a video game, as myself or a character                          Yes!

Time travel, parellel universes                                                                        Yes!

There are more but I wont go into them more right now.

And the weirdest has been over the last two weeks. I was manic and insomniac, "sleeping" only two to four hours a night. And I say sleeping in quotes because I don't think I was really even sleeping, It didn't feel like sleep, I kept having spiritual experiences, and I wasn't dreaming at all.

Can anyone relate to any of this?     Yes! 

Glad someone can relate. Maybe I',m not such a weirdo...or we both are!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Meridian O
On 10/27/2020 at 2:15 AM, janesix said:

Glad someone can relate. Maybe I',m not such a weirdo...or we both are!

I'll own up to the weirdo part! I'm a happier person that way...:D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TashaMarie

I used to be a very deeper sleeper in my youth but over the last year or two I have been waking several times during the night.  Its not something I have really thought about as I tend to go back to sleep fairly quickly but I do feel more tired during the day now.  As for weird dreams I would say I have experienced a number of the ones you have mentioned as well as some different ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Free99

Dreaming is a strange ability that I’m fairly certain all humans and animals have. I’m in my 50’s so I’ve had allot of time to put some thought into it. Not that I figured anything out no more than even the smartest scientist have. Dreaming is a mystery I think about half of it is a game our unconscious mind plays. Like a crazy imagination. But the other half I think is important stuff that we should focus on paying attention to. Like training yourself to writing it down when you wake up because I forget it when I go back to sleep and wake up again. And this other half has shown me future events more than once. More times than I wanted to recall them. From deaths, money and accidents I avoided or warned someone else about rather they believed me or not. In my dreams it comes like a code like if you wanted to watch a movie but the preview was bad so you watched a little of the beginning then a few minutes of the middle and then near the end. You’re mind kinda fills in the gaps. I had a dream once and a buddy of mine’s face just kinda popped in for a split second with his face all torn up and bloody. Then latter on I was dreaming about a field and I seen a car upside down. It took me two days to put it together the wheels on the car that was upside down was his car. I told him and he laughed it off. A few days latter he told me he was on his way home from his sisters and his back shock blew out and caused his car to get out of control going into a curve that he normally would have been hanging it doing 80 mph but because of what I told him he was only doing 50 mph and still almost lost control. Just beyond that curve was a field.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Walker
On 10/26/2020 at 4:37 AM, janesix said:

I have always had strange dreams, but most of the strange ones have been in the last several years:

Dreams of being an animal (a reindeer)

Dreams of being the opposite sex

Dreams of being someone else

Dreams of being myself but with a totally different personality

Dream on mars

Dream of being in a country I've never been to (England, Isreal)

Dreams of tornados, earthquakes, floods

Dreams of being in a video game, as myself or a character

Time travel, parellel universes

There are more but I wont go into them more right now.

And the weirdest has been over the last two weeks. I was manic and insomniac, "sleeping" only two to four hours a night. And I say sleeping in quotes because I don't think I was really even sleeping, It didn't feel like sleep, I kept having spiritual experiences, and I wasn't dreaming at all.

Can anyone relate to any of this?

 

 

lol with respect, those aren't strange dreams. They are normal ones. 

You are lucky, however, to have such a range of dreams and to  be able to remember them. 

Reading and media can influence your dreams, but also subconscious thoughts, desires etc

light sleeping, as you describe, helps us remember our dreams better,  especially if you  spend some time half awake after sleeping, and run through your dreams, putting them more completely into your memory 

You might try to develop, first lucid dreaming, and then learning how to control   a dreamscape, and finally, how to build and construct the dreams you want to have. 

 

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/dream-factory/202006/how-lucid-dreamers-say-they-control-their-dreams

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/dream-factory/201504/confront-your-nightmares-lucid-dreaming

 

 

Edited by Mr Walker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword

@janesix I too have weird vivid dreams.  For a while they were absolutely terrifying, or should have been but the actual frightening thing about them was that these images and thoughts originated in my head.  To address your video game dreams it would be unusual in this day and age if people didn't have dreams related to gaming I think.  When movies were only in black and white many people dreamed in black and white so whatever stimulates us visually in the waking world must have an influence on our dreams and since video games are much more interactive than a film or TV show they should influence our dreams too. I have had dreams in which the place I was in was definitely the same layout as maps on first person shooters I've played.   Your dreams about being someone else I also have but not like you.  In the dreams that I'm not in it's more like I'm watching someone else and not that I am someone else. I'm jealous about the dreams on mars and different dimensions that sound interesting.  The dreams in which you are the opposite sex sound interesting too.  @Helen of Annoy is good at interpreting dreams, maybe lay a weird one out in greater detail for us to examine.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
1 hour ago, OverSword said:

@janesix I too have weird vivid dreams.  For a while they were absolutely terrifying, or should have been but the actual frightening thing about them was that these images and thoughts originated in my head.  To address your video game dreams it would be unusual in this day and age if people didn't have dreams related to gaming I think.  When movies were only in black and white many people dreamed in black and white so whatever stimulates us visually in the waking world must have an influence on our dreams and since video games are much more interactive than a film or TV show they should influence our dreams too. I have had dreams in which the place I was in was definitely the same layout as maps on first person shooters I've played.   Your dreams about being someone else I also have but not like you.  In the dreams that I'm not in it's more like I'm watching someone else and not that I am someone else. I'm jealous about the dreams on mars and different dimensions that sound interesting.  The dreams in which you are the opposite sex sound interesting too.  @Helen of Annoy is good at interpreting dreams, maybe lay a weird one out in greater detail for us to examine.

You bring up a point I never thought about.  I have always dreamed in color as far as I remember, even as a child.  We did not have a television until the 70's and I did watch Perry Mason at my cousin's in the summer, which was in black and white.  In the 80's my friend was telling me about a weird dream she had and the thing that she was most concerned about was that it was in color.  I told her I always dream in color and she got upset with me.  Apparently she dreamed in black and white, but now I remember that she always watched old movies on television growing up, and when we got a new color television in the 70's they still had the old black and white TV.  I never thought about that before.  Also, I used to read a lot more than she did and I have a vivid imagination.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Meridian O

As far back as I can recall! I've normally had dreams with colours, even during the black & white TV days. However! When I do dream without colour it is when I'm experiencing a night-time or foggy or vague setting.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.