Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why the rush about Amy Coney Barrett?

Hankenhunter

Imagine it!  Politicians playing hardball politics.  Who'd a thunk it, eh?

Speaking of hardball ...

https://www.dailywire.com/news/robert-reich-calls-for-truth-and-reconciliation-commission-to-erase-trumps-lies-expose-enablers

Does this sound like a good idea to you, Hank?  What could go wrong?

:tu:

• Like 2

Political Cartoons by Lisa Benson

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

I found her somewhat attractive, so I would have had a hard time saying “no.”

Her tone of voice was an issue, but as long as she doesn’t speak, we’ll get along fine.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Raptor Witness said:

I found her somewhat attractive, so I would have had a hard time saying “no.”

Her tone of voice was an issue, but as long as she doesn’t speak, we’ll get along fine.

What an odd statement.  You sound a bit like a misogynist.  See how that works?

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, and then said:

Imagine it!  Politicians playing hardball politics.  Who'd a thunk it, eh?

Speaking of hardball ...

https://www.dailywire.com/news/robert-reich-calls-for-truth-and-reconciliation-commission-to-erase-trumps-lies-expose-enablers

Does this sound like a good idea to you, Hank?  What could go wrong?

:tu:

How about telling me why the repubs were able to jamb up Obama's nomination, yet turn around and do the exact same thing. As to your question? Prison time for all of the crimes the Trump* crime family committed. That would give future presidents pause before they try to pull the shennagins the Trump* regime committed.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, and then said:

btw...

https://www.theepochtimes.com/

She just got confirmed.  52-48.

No prob. You like hardball? Back at you when Biden stacks the court to counter the last minute bull**** power grab the repubs just pulled off. After years of Liberals going high when repubs go low it'll be fun watching the repubs get a taste of their own medicine. You enjoy it when Republican politicians play dirty,  lets see how you like it when the roles are reversed.

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Spend time around young humans... babies.

There are two types, those that lean into new experiences... and those that cry and lean away from the unfamiliar.

These folks live in perpetual fear.  They live a fear based life and are terrified of what is coming down the pipe...

always have been.  I pity them.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, quiXilver said:

There are two types, those that lean into new experiences... and those that cry and lean away from the unfamiliar.

These folks live in perpetual fear.  They live a fear based life and are terrified of what is coming down the pipe...

Very well said. Mind if I borrow that? 

• Like 2

Well I hope they enjoy their court rebalancing, we warned them. But the GOP has sunk to new lows and we need to do what we can to limit their ability to **** up the will of the people. I thought they hit their peak in 2000, but nope, every time I think the republicans have hit rock bottom, that turtle pulls out a pack of C4 and blows the floor right out from under them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Hankenhunter said:

How about telling me why the repubs were able to jamb up Obama's nomination, yet turn around and do the exact same thing.

Because they could.  29 times (22 Presidents out of 44 - very common occurrence), there has been an election year Supreme Court vacancy.  19 of those times the President and the Senate were of the same party.  Of those 19, 17 were confirmed.  The remaining 10 times, the President and the Senate were not of the same party.  Only 2 were confirmed.  The President's term runs from 20 Jan (year 1) to 19 Jan (year 5) (four year term).  The President can nominate (and it is his Constitutional duty to do so) all the way up to 19 Jan (year 5).  There is no time limit as to how long the Senate takes to Advise and Consent.  McConnell advised and consented in the negative.  And in regards to Kamala's Lincoln history, Lincoln didn't nominate Chase because it wasn't the right thing to do.  It was that the nation was at a crucial point in the Civil War and more importantly, that the Senate was in recess until 5 Dec.  Lincoln nominated Chase on 6 Dec and the Senate confirmed him the same day.

1 hour ago, Hankenhunter said:

Prison time for all of the crimes the Trump* crime family committed. That would give future presidents pause before they try to pull the shennagins the Trump* regime committed.

Time to revise your out-dated info.  First off, there is no Trump crime family.  Two, those who have been convicted in this Russian hoax were process crimes and perjury traps.  If we examined your background, I'm sure we could shake lose a few skeletons.  Catching someone in a lie is one of the easiest things to do.  The FBI is really good at it even if the person is innocent.  Of those that were convicted of real crimes were committed long before their association to Trump.  Schiff was always harping that he has definitive proof of Trump colluding with Russia.  As it turned out, he had nothing.  On the other hand, we have a laptop, two witnesses, a video confession, and the FBI stating that the Biden crime family is not a Russian disinformation ploy.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, ian hacktorp said:

I'm not gonna lie...it's fun to watch the Left getting clubbed like so many baby seals.

Horrible analogy but very much like your epic failure prediction that biden would drop out by end of next week, he didnt you failed.

• Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Horrible analogy but very much like your epic failure prediction that biden would drop out by end of next week, he didnt you failed.

I'm not so sure about that.  As of Saturday (the date I picked), Joe became a walking dead man, politically speaking.

He is as good as out of the race and tomorrow will get even worse for him.

He's now the Weekend at Bernie's candidate...a propped-up cadaver with zero shot.

I'm thinking my prediction was pretty damned accurate.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, and then said:

What an odd statement.  You sound a bit like a misogynist.  See how that works?

I could not imagine being married to someone who spoke perfect monotone.

I don’t go around grabbing strange women in the p. That’s your boss.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

Because they could.  29 times (22 Presidents out of 44 - very common occurrence), there has been an election year Supreme Court vacancy.  19 of those times the President and the Senate were of the same party.  Of those 19, 17 were confirmed.  The remaining 10 times, the President and the Senate were not of the same party.  Only 2 were confirmed.  The President's term runs from 20 Jan (year 1) to 19 Jan (year 5) (four year term).  The President can nominate (and it is his Constitutional duty to do so) all the way up to 19 Jan (year 5).  There is no time limit as to how long the Senate takes to Advise and Consent.  McConnell advised and consented in the negative.  And in regards to Kamala's Lincoln history, Lincoln didn't nominate Chase because it wasn't the right thing to do.  It was that the nation was at a crucial point in the Civil War and more importantly, that the Senate was in recess until 5 Dec.  Lincoln nominated Chase on 6 Dec and the Senate confirmed him the same day.

Time to revise your out-dated info.  First off, there is no Trump crime family.  Two, those who have been convicted in this Russian hoax were process crimes and perjury traps.  If we examined your background, I'm sure we could shake lose a few skeletons.  Catching someone in a lie is one of the easiest things to do.  The FBI is really good at it even if the person is innocent.  Of those that were convicted of real crimes were committed long before their association to Trump.  Schiff was always harping that he has definitive proof of Trump colluding with Russia.  As it turned out, he had nothing.  On the other hand, we have a laptop, two witnesses, a video confession, and the FBI stating that the Biden crime family is not a Russian disinformation ploy.

Well, when the Libs take the Senate, and oust Trump*, and maintain house majority, things are going to change for the better. You'll be dragged kicking and scream into the 21st century. You all laughed two years ago when I said this was going to happen. You aren't laughing now, or you wouldn't be if you were actually aware of what's happening, instead of living in a bubble. The rest of your post is nothing but Trump propaganda repeated ad nauseam. Scripted gibberish.

Just now, Hankenhunter said:

Well, when the Libs take the Senate, and oust Trump*, and maintain house majority, things are going to change for the better.

Right.  Until you wake up and realize it was all just a pipe-dream.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ian hacktorp said:

They usually wake up when it’s too late.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, quiXilver said:

For being such a boot strappy bunch, they sure are afraid of change. Change for the better. But then, when the party you voted for all your life has done nothing for you but talk tough, it's a bit more understandable. Still....

4 minutes ago, ian hacktorp said:

No, unlike you I do my research. The record amount of votes being cast, the record amount of protests held, the record amount of young, mostly liberals voting, the disgruntled trumpers, and the old people in Florida that Trump* cast aside,it all points to a huge liberal win despite the record amounts of chicanery by the republican party to suppress voting in liberal districts. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

They usually wake up when it’s too late.

Nope, as the voting shows, they've woken up, and they're really p***ed. Try again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, ian hacktorp said:

I'm not so sure about that.  As of Saturday (the date I picked), Joe became a walking dead man, politically speaking.

He is as good as out of the race and tomorrow will get even worse for him.

He's now the Weekend at Bernie's candidate...a propped-up cadaver with zero shot.

I'm thinking my prediction was pretty damned accurate.

Nope, epic cop out from you, face it you failed epic, hes still in the race doing great and you are not big enough to amit you failed but its okay everyone sees it,

Edited by the13bats
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

How about telling me why the repubs were able to jamb up Obama's nomination,

The exact same actions have been taken every time a nominee is named in an election year and the Senate is held by one party and the Oval Office by another.  I fully expect the next Democrat Senate to pack the court and that will signal the end of any chance at all of compromise.  THAT will be the beginning of the end of this country.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

Prison time for all of the crimes the Trump* crime family committed.

If any of them actually DID commit crimes then they should be held accountable.  His words went a LOT deeper than simply charging people with criminal conduct.  He is talking about re-education and holding Americans to account for their political choice.  You down with that?  

• Like 1