Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Skinwalker Ranch mystery still alive?

Eldorado

You know, the funny thing about this one is that you almost have to be a conspiracy theorist to dismiss it. It’s funny listening to people laugh this one off.  The fact is.....all you have to do is prove the show is fake and everyone will consider you a hero.  Kinda like with Pawn Stars.....you know?  There was a time long ago when I actually thought that one was real.  I thought it was interesting but....oooops.  The facts arise.  It’s staged, it’s fake.

So, just show that this show is fake and it’s conversation over.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Guyver said:

You know, the funny thing about this one is that you almost have to be a conspiracy theorist to dismiss it. It’s funny listening to people laugh this one off.  The fact is.....all you have to do is prove the show is fake and everyone will consider you a hero.  Kinda like with Pawn Stars.....you know?  There was a time long ago when I actually thought that one was real.  I thought it was interesting but....oooops.  The facts arise.  It’s staged, it’s fake.

I really don't think so. It's like a show on the purple people eater. Prove to me it doesn't exist. 

The only scientist from the show I know of who goes public is Dr Travis Taylor, and as far as I know, he doesn't consider what he has witnessed to be paranormal.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, the13bats said:

On a side note if a grinning weirdo in a shiny jumpsuit did approach kids in the 70s i would lean away from alien and towards a pervert from the local disco.

That might be the funniest thing I've pictured in a while.

7 hours ago, Guyver said:

I didn't know Pawn Stars was fake.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, psyche101 said:

I really don't think so. It's like a show on the purple people eater. Prove to me it doesn't exist. 

The only scientist from the show I know of who goes public is Dr Travis Taylor, and as far as I know, he doesn't consider what he has witnessed to be paranormal.

It doesn’t have to be paranormal to be a good mystery.  There might some paranormal stuff going on, or there may not be... I can’t say for sure one way or the other.  At the very least (if the show is real) they are measuring unusual light and energy phenomena as well as UFO’s captured on film.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Guyver said:

Disagree.

Hi Guyver

And that is fine for me it seems like a lot of directed drama with no answers more entertainment than anything else.

jmccr8

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Guyver

And that is fine for me it seems like a lot of directed drama with no answers more entertainment than anything else.

jmccr8

Sure, I get that.  But it is a television show.  Actual scientific research with no drama would probably be too boring for most people to watch.  

• Like 1

On 10/28/2020 at 7:45 AM, psyche101 said:

I'm not sure that constitutes "fake". Sounds like real people bring real items to sell and sometimes they buy them and sometimes they don't. Obviously the interactions between the owners and employees are more scripted but the premise seems real. 

I will admin, the Skinwalker Ranch show is/was the only "paranormal" show on TV that I watched and took seriously to any degree. It is interesting, and unless they are completely making up all their findings the place does seem to have some odd properties.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 1

I don't think it's about the show, but the ranch itself. Many people dismiss as fake whatever paranormal occurrence happened on that property, so trying to convince such people that it's real it's a total waste of time.. To them the glowing lights seen on camera are just insects - absolutely all of them, the ones seen with the naked eye are just lies, there were no cattle mutilations or animal disappearances ever around that area, and so on..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2020 at 12:41 PM, papageorge1 said:

Well you might actually want to actually watch the Skinwalker Ranch show. It's very serious if not even conservative in its approach.

You are so humorous. LOL.  It's joke of a show doing nothing serious.

• Like 1

On 10/27/2020 at 9:34 PM, papageorge1 said:

Certainly not with such an open—mind as yours. No chance of any bias there!!

Another funny zinger. The only close mind here is yours - you are close minded to  how the world works and insist paranormal even in the most mundane circumstances.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

http://www.jasoncolavito.com/blog/review-of-the-secret-of-skinwalker-ranch-s01e01

The myth of Skinwalker Ranch was created in the mid-1990s when Las Vegas journalist George Knapp, famous for his credulous reports about aliens in Area 51, began crafting it from stories told by the then-owners of the ranch. He grafted those stories onto local UFO/paranormal folklore from the 1974 book The Utah UFO Display to create a longer history for the ranch’s supernatural events. (In 1978, the “Uintah lights,” as they were then known, and their associated humming sounds were attributed to St. Elmo’s fire surrounding nighttime swarms of budworms “flying into high electric fields caused by thunderheads and high density particulate matter in the air.”) Nothing recorded in the 1990s, however, was particularly unusual by the standards of supernatural folklore until Robert Bigelow began to pour money into “investigating” and Knapp amplified the mystery with a book sensationalizing the ranch as the world’s preeminent paranormal hotspot. My home region of upstate New York, for example, could match the ranch in ghosts, psychics, angels, aliens, and so on. People tell stories. A lot. Money and publicity turn stories into legends.

It's a modern created story. I watched part of an episode and was quickly bored.

There is a also an interview by Metabunk's own Mick West and the current owner of the Skinwalker Ranch. There doesn't seem to be much happening at the ranch although the owner does say he has things he cannot explain. Then again I see people doing stupid things on video ang getting hurt and I can't explain those either.

• Like 2

On 10/28/2020 at 11:52 AM, Guyver said:

Sure, I get that.  But it is a television show.  Actual scientific research with no drama would probably be too boring for most people to watch.  

That's why I think it is mostly fake.   They are in it for the ratings because it is an entertainment show.     

pawn Stars is another "History" channel show.   And Ancient Aliens.  

• Like 2

On 11/6/2020 at 11:44 AM, Myles said:

That's why I think it is mostly fake.   They are in it for the ratings because it is an entertainment show.     

pawn Stars is another "History" channel show.   And Ancient Aliens.  

True.  Yet, the mystery of Skinwalker ranch predates  the History channel by decades.  History Channel got started in 1995,  The mystery of Skinwalker Ranch goes back to the 1970’s.  I’m not saying the show isn’t fake....I just need to see some proof of it.  We already know Pawn Stars is fake and Ancient Aliens is pure speculation.

23 hours ago, Guyver said:

True.  Yet, the mystery of Skinwalker ranch predates  the History channel by decades.  History Channel got started in 1995,  The mystery of Skinwalker Ranch goes back to the 1970’s.  I’m not saying the show isn’t fake....I just need to see some proof of it.  We already know Pawn Stars is fake and Ancient Aliens is pure speculation.

That is true, but I'm not sure it's relevant.  

Just like bigfoot sties being decades old doesn't make Mountain Monsters any better of a show.

• Like 2