Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Orb caught on camera in Florida home

Eldorado

An unidentified flying object was caught on camera in the home of the Daytona Beach Police Department chaplain and now this man of God is asking a lot of questions.

Pastor Monzell Ford says as he was sleeping one night last week and his home surveillance camera motion detector kept going off.

From bed he pulled out his phone and looked at the living room.

“This orb, this imagery is just hovering in my living room,” Ford said.

Full monty at CBS Miami: Link

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

If the Papameter says anything but 100% Paranormal, I'm smashing that useless device with a baseball bat.

:yes:

Edited by acute
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

you know when you throw a frisbee the use a bit of inter webby jiggerry pokerry this is the result ........... or a bug or spider or smoke ring or light or just about anything else than its ment to be on the other hand that bloke is bigger than me so yes sir what a fantastic orb you have caught its the best one ive ever seen and always will be sir thank you very very  much

Edited by Matt221
urm you choose

3 hours ago, acute said:

If the Papameter says anything but 100% Paranormal, I'm smashing that useless device with a baseball bat.

:yes:

Papameter is indeed running 'hot' on this one.

Papameter Reading

Paranormal  85%     Hoax 10%   Natural 5%

Acute, but down that baseball bat. The Papameter is a device of logic and science. Hoax and Natural get their play. 

Factors: Police chaplain has been probably involved in some 'more than this world' stuff. A lying pastor. Splitting in two? MOtion detection going off.

7 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Papameter is indeed running 'hot' on this one.

Papameter Reading

Paranormal  85%     Hoax 10%   Natural 5%

Acute, but down that baseball bat. The Papameter is a device of logic and science. Hoax and Natural get their play. 

Factors: Police chaplain has been probably involved in some 'more than this world' stuff. A lying pastor. Splitting in two? MOtion detection going off.

Not a lying pastor (although it’s not unheard of) rather a confused person who doesn’t know what a spider web looks like when it’s really close to the camera. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, SecretSanta said:

Not a lying pastor (although it’s not unheard of) rather a confused person who doesn’t know what a spider web looks like when it’s really close to the camera. 

Oh yeah, right..... A spider web without a spider.

Does it look like a web of any sort?  Of course not.

7 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

When was the last time you sent it away to be calibrated?

:huh:

33 minutes ago, SecretSanta said:

Well I gave my thoughts on the Lying Pastor in the 10% Hoax reading and the spider web theory as a subset of the 5% Natural readings.

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, acute said:

When was the last time you sent it away to be calibrated?

:huh:

In-house calibration only. I am the one who makes it a Papameter.

• Haha 1

Where's the original video footage, uncut/unedited?  The links I found were all the same chopped up image.  Easy for that to be manipulated., and clues as to it's actual origin (if not faked) removed.

If it's genuine, the whole event from start to finish would be made available.  And it's interesting to note that the quality of this imagery is just bad enough for us not to easily see the time stamping...

Added:

BTW, some of it does look like a spider web creation.  Things that are close to the lens are distorted and blurred/widened from being out of focus.  Bokeh effects can also change the shape so that you end up with odd looking things like that oval shape at the start..

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 2

I have no clue what it was but it wasnt paranormal, the "feel" it gave me was when one plays with reflecting light with a small mirror,

And yeah, him being a pastor means very little to me, he can still be mistaken.

It lost points for me showing the pastor more than the thing, post the video itself, if you want attention post a video of yourself.

Edited by the13bats
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, acute said:

Does it look like a web of any sort?  Of course not.

Uh, yeah It does look like a web. 
6tyE5R2.jpg

Are there any versions of the OP video that i dont have to watch the good preachers posturing and i can just watch the web or whatever?

Adding:

I suffered through it and it has all the tricks of fake hoax, cuts in cuts out right at the best times to keep the viewer from getting a good looky.

I know a web could move in the air but to me it has a controlled by a person feel.

Edited by the13bats

• 1 month later...

3 days ago I setup a security camera to watch my dog when the wife and I are not home. It has captured strange orbs outside one of my side windows every night since. Last night, I woke up at 3:30am and saw a notification on my phone and it was the orbs again. After watching it for a while and trying to come up with an explanation besides paranormal, I asked it to come back and show itself again. I was watching TV and my phone went off 20 minutes later. It was the orbs again and it freaked me out. I posted the video's to youtube hoping for an explanation I can believe. Either last night was a huge coincidence or something I don't believe in is happening. Here is the link

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Riftur said:

3 days ago I setup a security camera to watch my dog when the wife and I are not home. It has captured strange orbs outside one of my side windows every night since. Last night, I woke up at 3:30am and saw a notification on my phone and it was the orbs again. After watching it for a while and trying to come up with an explanation besides paranormal, I asked it to come back and show itself again. I was watching TV and my phone went off 20 minutes later. It was the orbs again and it freaked me out. I posted the video's to youtube hoping for an explanation I can believe. Either last night was a huge coincidence or something I don't believe in is happening. Here is the link

It looks like cars driving by. 

2 minutes ago, onlookerofmayhem said:

It looks like cars driving by. 

Directly opposite the window is the house next door which is painted dark tan (our houses are only 10 feet apart) and they have no windows or anything to reflect light on that side.  The other window on the left of my house is closer to the road and does not get brighter.  If you notice the light from the orb seems to fade upward. It seems to come from above. 

So I have ring camera's on my front door and backyard. There were no notifications from the ring camera's but i forgot they are set to record continuously.  I checked both camera's for anything that would cause the lights around the same time but did not see anything except a very small shadow on my back patio umbrella (no real shape to it) that happened around the same time as the 4:30 am recording. No car or bright lights of any kind. I am stumped.

5 hours ago, Riftur said:

Directly opposite the window is the house next door which is painted dark tan (our houses are only 10 feet apart) and they have no windows or anything to reflect light on that side.  The other window on the left of my house is closer to the road and does not get brighter.  If you notice the light from the orb seems to fade upward. It seems to come from above. 

It looks *exactly* like reflected car lights.  Did you check the views and angles from *both* directions, left and right?  There is likely a window (could be quite a distance away) that just happens to throw a reflection onto that wall.  The ways to work it out..?  Sit in that location for a few hours and be ready to quickly look out the window, or take a whole pile of footage from outside, showing a 360 view of what's around, and then looking back at the window. 

The only thing that puzzles me is why you would use a camera without IR lights in such a situation... :D

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Riftur said:

That is a reflection from a car, no doubt.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 1