Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Police are called to Luton mosque

itsnotoutthere

A huge row involving up to 300 worshippers at a Luton mosque had to be broken up by police. 

Six police cars arrived at the Jalalabad Jame Masjid Mosque on Leagrove Road in Luton, Befordshire, to quell the disturbance on Friday afternoon. 

Footage of police breaking up the altercation emerged on social media on Monday. 

The video shows many worshippers shouting as they flout social distancing rules by mingling close together during the altercation. 

Several police are seen trying to dampen tensions, while another officer talks into his radio. 

A member of Luton Council allegedly estimated that there were between 250 and 300 people at the mosque when the altercation broke out.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8881157/Police-called-Luton-mosque-huge-row-erupts-involving-300-worshippers.html

So next time the BBC ask why Coronavirus is having more impact on the BAME community......it's not because the virus is racist.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

So then, have any  £10,000 fines been handed out, and if not, why not ? 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

So then, have any  £10,000 fines been handed out, and if not, why not ? 

I presume that's a rhetorical question. :rolleyes: i.e. ..we all know the answer.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, RoofGardener said:

No, its a serous question. 

My guess would be......no.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, acute said:

Do we?

What's your theory?

My theory is that devout muslims tend to live by their own rules. Hence 300 people packed into a mosque during a pandemic.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Hmm...don't think it's gonna go that route with this one somehow. However I'd be happy to be wrong.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 3

49 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

No, its a serous question. 

47 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

My guess would be......no.

'Officers attended the scene and spoke to those present. No offences were reported.

'Officers engaged with those at the location regarding Covid-19 guidelines and reminded them of the importance of following the guidance.

I guess you have your answer......no different to the mass protests earlier on in the year once lockdown began....

1 hour ago, quillius said:

'Officers attended the scene and spoke to those present. No offences were reported.

'Officers engaged with those at the location regarding Covid-19 guidelines and reminded them of the importance of following the guidance.

I guess you have your answer......no different to the mass protests earlier on in the year once lockdown began....

So is this now the official response to all gatherings of 250 or more? Or is that approach only available to certain groups?

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

So is this now the official response to all gatherings of 250 or more?

only if you have white privilege...oh...hold on...... :P

• Haha 3

*sigh*

Fines are only handed out when people continue to break the rules after being asked to disperse.

Despite that hackrag's efforts to muddy the issue, the worshippers were not breaking any rules by going to the mosque.

The altercation police were called to was nothing to do with COVID.

So why would fines be handed out @RoofGardener @itsnotoutthere?

Do you believe Muslims should be held to different rules to everyone else or has one of you made some kind of really embarrassing mistake?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

A huge row involving up to 300 worshippers at a Luton mosque had to be broken up by police. 

Six police cars arrived at the Jalalabad Jame Masjid Mosque on Leagrove Road in Luton, Befordshire, to quell the disturbance on Friday afternoon. 

Footage of police breaking up the altercation emerged on social media on Monday. 

The video shows many worshippers shouting as they flout social distancing rules by mingling close together during the altercation. 

Several police are seen trying to dampen tensions, while another officer talks into his radio. 

A member of Luton Council allegedly estimated that there were between 250 and 300 people at the mosque when the altercation broke out.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8881157/Police-called-Luton-mosque-huge-row-erupts-involving-300-worshippers.html

So next time the BBC ask why Coronavirus is having more impact on the BAME community......it's not because the virus is racist.

You had all these mass gatherings to choose from:

https://metro.co.uk/2020/10/25/police-break-up-three-parties-in-single-night-including-one-with-100-people-13478407/

https://metro.co.uk/2020/10/26/organisers-of-park-rave-of-200-people-face-10000-fine-13481038/

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-birmingham-54387536

Yet you went with the one that involved Muslims.

Edited by Arbenol
  • Thanks 3

honestly if the cops do nothing they´re being complacent, they do something they´re fascist, if their foreigners they´re xenophobic, if not they´re cowards.

its tough

question is how many times have they been there? and other worship places?

Edited by godnodog
  • Like 6

It's a tough life for a virus... and it's not even considered a life form 

~

7 hours ago, Arbenol said:

Yet you went with the one that involved Muslims.

I'm reasonably certain he was using a comparison/contrast to make the point about government hypocrisy over religious gatherings

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/uk-govt-orders-places-of-worship-shut-down-catholic-bishops-comply

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, and then said:

I'm reasonably certain he was using a comparison/contrast to make the point about government hypocrisy over religious gatherings

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/uk-govt-orders-places-of-worship-shut-down-catholic-bishops-comply

I'm completely certain he wasn't. As he was kind enough to tell us exactly what he was thinking. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Arbenol said:

... As he was kind enough to tell us exactly what he was thinking. ...

Oh, he was probably being sarcastic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

Surely not ? :o 

Edited by RoofGardener

2 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

The snarky sarcasm wasn't lost on me. And neither was the racism. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Arbenol said:

I refer you to Roofgardeners post above.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Arbenol said:

Lol...well, that didn't take long for somebody of the left persuasion to entirely miss the point.

Read the original post again.

I was pointing out that the BBC are hot on trying to 'crow-bar' in a 'racism' angle (much like yourself) into the covid situation re- bame people being more susceptible whilst ignoring gatherings like the one above & BLM riots as possible contributory factor.

But you carry on calling anyone you disagree with a 'racist' as it just confirms what I already think about people like you that resort to that to try to win an argument, left wingers have done it to death and people can see through it now.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53035054

https://www.gmjournal.co.uk/structural-racism-is-not-to-blame-for-bame-covid-19-deaths-says-government-advisor

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Arbenol said:

To quote yourself :-

"That's certainly true. Not just 'fascist' but terms like 'white supremacist' get tossed like hand grenades at Americans conservatives. Just like American conservatives toss their own grenades - all liberals are racist, Marxist, blah, blah..... I especially like how the word 'racist' is used by both sides to abuse the other"

Patently you really do.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Lol...well, that didn't take long for somebody of the left persuasion to entirely miss the point.

Read the original post again.

I was pointing out that the BBC are hot on trying to 'crow-bar' in a 'racism' angle (much like yourself) into the covid situation re- bame people being more susceptible whilst ignoring gatherings like the one above & BLM riots as possible contributory factor.

So you believe COVID affects BAME communities worse because they follow the same rules as the rest of us?

You want to take another run at that or...?