Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Police are called to Luton mosque

itsnotoutthere

31 minutes ago, Setton said:

So you believe COVID affects BAME communities worse because they follow the same rules as the rest of us?

You want to take another run at that or...?

No, wrong again, I believe the BBC are trying to spin it to suggest that there is some sort of inherent racism in the way bame people are treated by the NHS & the authorities - the phrase they use is 'structural racism' whatever the hell that means But as the report suggests,

:-  "If structural racism was an important problem, not saying it doesn’t exist, but if it was an important problem in healthcare outcomes, you’d expect it to be reflected not just in Covid but with other outcomes as well."

Unlike the (race baiting) BBC who see everything through the prism of race, I suspect the reasons for the higher death rates among bame people in this country are cultural & geographical.

Now can you stop trying to do a 'Kuenssberg' & misrepresent the point I am making.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

What racism ? 

Oh, and while we're on the topic of police reactions to religious gatherings.... 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-54694920

Perhaps I'd better cancel my monthly sponsorship payments for those three kids in Africa.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

No, wrong again, I believe the BBC are trying to spin it to suggest that there is some sort of inherent racism in the way bame people are treated by the NHS & the authorities - the phrase they use is 'structural racism' whatever the hell that means But as the report suggests,

:-  "If structural racism was an important problem, not saying it doesn’t exist, but if it was an important problem in healthcare outcomes, you’d expect it to be reflected not just in Covid but with other outcomes as well."

Unlike the (race baiting) BBC who see everything through the prism of race, I suspect the reasons for the higher death rates among bame people in this country are cultural & geographical.

Now can you stop trying to do a 'Kuenssberg' & misrepresent the point I am making.

So what is your explanation for the higher covid deaths in bame communities?

It obviously has nothing to do with the article you posted in the OP as they were following the same covid guidelines as everyone else.

1 hour ago, Setton said:

So what is your explanation for the higher covid deaths in bame communities?

It obviously has nothing to do with the article you posted in the OP as they were following the same covid guidelines as everyone else.

Whats yours?

Yes, they are clearly adhering to the social distancing rules. Watch the video.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Whats yours?

Oh I have mine.  But as the one starting the conversation, perhaps you should present yours first.

10 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

To quote yourself :-

"That's certainly true. Not just 'fascist' but terms like 'white supremacist' get tossed like hand grenades at Americans conservatives. Just like American conservatives toss their own grenades - all liberals are racist, Marxist, blah, blah..... I especially like how the word 'racist' is used by both sides to abuse the other"

Patently you really do.

You brought race into the issue. By saying:

"So next time the BBC ask why Coronavirus is having more impact on the BAME community......it's not because the virus is racist."

What point are you trying to make?

If it's that BBC are pushing the idea that systemic racism contributes to minorities being having poorer outcomes with this disease, then I believe you're mistaken. Your link was to a story in June and referred to the Public Health England's comments that racism was a factor. A much more recent BBC article suggests that this structural racism isn't a factor. https://www.bbc.com/news/health-54634721. They seem to be simply reporting on the issue. 

Anybody with half a brain will understand that if minorities are disproportionately affected then reasons for this are likely to be multi factorial and complex. I interpreted your OP as applying a simplistic explanation of these minorities not observing the rules and causing their own poorer outcomes. When you say

"I was pointing out that the BBC are hot on trying to 'crow-bar' in a 'racism' angle (much like yourself) into the covid situation re- bame people being more susceptible whilst ignoring gatherings like the one above & BLM riots as possible contributory factor."

it really does sound like you're saying exactly that. Are you suggesting that minorities are less adherent with restrictions and that is the cause? 

ETA: Just to clarify. I've read enough of your posts to have no reason to believe that you are a racist, and I wasn't calling you one. But you don't have to be racist to make a racist comment. We all do it from time to time. My apologies if you were offended.

Edited by Arbenol
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

What racism ? 

Oh, and while we're on the topic of police reactions to religious gatherings.... 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-54694920

No. The topic is not about religious gatherings. It's specifically about how minorities are disproportionately affected and the OP's own ideas about what might contribute to that. 

The fact they were at a place of worship is not the significant point here.

12 hours ago, Arbenol said:

No. The topic is not about religious gatherings. It's specifically about how minorities are disproportionately affected and the OP's own ideas about what might contribute to that. 

The fact they were at a place of worship is not the significant point here.

Indeed, the point is the actual numbers gathered in one place. I cannot think of many other situation where you would have that many people gathered together in these times - other than illegally i.e. raves or unauthorized protests etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Indeed, the point is the actual numbers gathered in one place. I cannot think of many other situation where you would have that many people gathered together in these times - other than illegally i.e. raves or unauthorized protests etc.

Church, synagogue, temple, house of commons, schools, offices, shall I go on?

The point is, there are specific places where larger gatherings are permissible. Places of worship are one of those. A mosque is a place of worship.

So what is your point?

Or are you just going to disappear again because someone asked a hard question?

Edited by Setton

1 hour ago, Setton said:

Church, synagogue, temple, house of commons, schools, offices, shall I go on?

The point is, there are specific places where larger gatherings are permissible. Places of worship are one of those. A mosque is a place of worship.

So what is your point?

Or are you just going to disappear again because someone asked a hard question?

#26 & #34

Edited by itsnotoutthere