Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

PC Timothy Brehmer cleared of murder

itsnotoutthere

A police officer who strangled his long-term lover after she exposed their affair to his wife has been cleared of murder.

Timothy Brehmer, a constable with Dorset Police, killed nurse Claire Parry, 41, in a pub car park on 9 May.

The two had been having a secret relationship for more than 10 years, a trial at Salisbury Crown Court heard.

Brehmer, 41, of Hordle, Hampshire, had previously admitted manslaughter and said Mrs Parry's death was an accident.

Brehmer said he strangled her by accident during a "kerfuffle" in his car. ......:hmm:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-54693540

• Sad 3

Do they not know you can't strangle someone by accident?

Or is it just me?

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Chronus said:

Do they not know you can't strangle someone by accident?

Or is it just me?

That's what first popped into my head......obviously accidentally strangling your secret lover who just 'spilled the beans' to your wife is more common than I thought.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

That's what first popped into my head......obviously accidently strangling your secret lover more common than I thought.

"Ok here's what happened"

"I- accidentally mind you- strangled my girlfriend, I was mad and things happened. I pinky promise I won't do it again"

"It was an accident"

• Like 2

P14.jpg.70ca0720ef2d3d83c4ded18619f14779.jpg

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Still Waters said:

Update:

Brehmer, 41, who admitted manslaughter and was acquitted of murder by a jury, has been jailed for 10-and-a-half years.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-54716338

So, out in 5 then.

After the horrific death not long ago of a policeman dragged along behind a car by a couple of gypsie / traveller youths, the police authorities called for stiffer sentences for criminals that kill police officers (which I'm quite in favor of), but I can't help thinking that it should also apply to police officers that commit murder.