Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
toast

Germany impose partical lockdown for November

toast

Coronavirus: Germany to impose one-month partial lockdown

German Chancellor Angela Merkel has announced tough new measures from Monday, November 2, in an attempt to curb the spread of the coronavirus pandemic. But will the German people be compliant?

Germany

Coronavirus: Germany to impose one-month partial lockdown

German Chancellor Angela Merkel has announced tough new measures from Monday, November 2, in an attempt to curb the spread of the coronavirus pandemic. But will the German people be compliant?

(...)

• Restaurants and bars will close, except for take-away
  • Large events will be canceled again
  • Unnecessary travel is discouraged 
  • Overnight stays in hotels, except for in emergency situations, is banned 
  • All those who can work from home should do so and employers should ease a transition into working from home 
  • Meetings in public will be restricted to just two households of up to 10 people total.
  • Entertainment facilities such as theaters and cinemas will be closed
  • Public recreation centers such as swimming pools, gyms and saunas will be closed

Full article on DW

I support that decision at full scale.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

OverSword

I'm expecting similar here as the cold and flu season hits.  

• Like 3

toast
1 minute ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

I wonder if the significant second wave in Germany is due to the relatively low infection rate during the first wave ?

Yes, we passed the first wave with very good results compared to other countries. But I prediced already, before the summer holidays, that the numbers will increase after the holidays and this exactly happened. Too many morons who had vacation trips even to hot spot countries, too many stupid party people, too much religious blinded people who participated to church events and too much idiots who thought C19 to be over now because the (first) lockdown was finished. Its a mess, really. But as I have said various times already, the virus is a very smart one because it use the stupidity of its potential hosts.

• Like 1

and then
2 hours ago, OverSword said:

I'm expecting similar here as the cold and flu season hits.  

Very possibly.  I'm set to get my flu shot as soon as this LATEST storm passes us.  Having flu and Covid hospitalizations at the same time could push the health system to overload.

• Like 2

and then
21 minutes ago, toast said:

, the virus is a very smart one because it use the stupidity of its potential hosts

Anthropomorphizing a virus is a little odd, don't you think?  Does it hide in dark places and wear a mask before it attacks, as well?  

• Confused 2

the13bats
5 hours ago, and then said:

Very possibly.  I'm set to get my flu shot as soon as this LATEST storm passes us.  Having flu and Covid hospitalizations at the same time could push the health system to overload.

So you flipped to supporting lockdowns, way to go :tu:

Hankenhunter
13 hours ago, toast said:

But will the German people be compliant?

Germany

Like any population, 30% will either ignore the lockdown, and or violently oppose it. See U.S for example. Germany has it's share of right wing nut jobs, but they're a little firmer with controlling theirs.

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Timothy
5 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

Like any population, 30% will either ignore the lockdown, and or violently oppose it. See U.S for example. Germany has it's share of right wing nut jobs, but they're a little firmer with controlling theirs.

Does ‘any population’ include Melbourne, Australia? 

Pretty sure most people just saw common sense and did the right thing... 

Maybe 1% ignoring or ‘violently opposing’.

• Like 1

Timothy

Seems to be working for now @Hankenhunter, comments?

Timothy

@Hankenhunter I don’t like calling people out like this; but do you concede? Or have you taken a different position? Or still arguing your prior position?

Today was the 12th day of zero new cases here in Victoria, Australia. To be honest, I assumed and still expect that there would and will be flare-ups in areas until there’s a vaccine. 
But people are doing the right thing, still nothing like 30% ignoring or opposing. 

Honestly interested in you current opinion.