Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
docyabut2

More Violence

Recommended Posts

docyabut2

https://www.foxnews.com/us/philadelphia-police-body-camera-footage-walter-wallace-jr-shooting

What more can cops do when a mentally ill person comes at them so fast with a knife to stabbed them? Bidon  said to put first a social worker,  gee they could be stabbed to. Cops should just shoot a person in the legs, but that might not stopped them to.So how can cops be retrained?

 now More Violence of bombings and lootings?

 

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Hankenhunter

Yea, we know how much you like the cops. You like seeing liberal heads being busted by them. You support an anachronistic system that's fallen to corruption, both union, and departmental, intimidation, amnesty from prosecution, and outright murder of American citizens. So it comes as no surprise you'd trot out this little attempt at sympathy. Until the majority of police forces are reformed to community standards, not Gestapo standards, youre wasting your time. No sympathy for paid killers. 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hankenhunter

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hankenhunter

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hankenhunter

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hankenhunter

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hankenhunter

This is the answer. Kevlar cord cant be cut easily.

Edited by Hankenhunter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
1 hour ago, docyabut2 said:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/philadelphia-police-body-camera-footage-walter-wallace-jr-shooting

What more can cops do when a mentally ill person comes at them so fast with a knife to stabbed them? Bidon  said to put first a social worker,  gee they could be stabbed to. Cops should just shoot a person in the legs, but that might not stopped them to.So how can cops be retrained?

 now More Violence of bombings and lootings?

 

You know training to be a Police Officer requires more than shooting people. The Police motto is Protect and Serve, and that applies to all American Citizens even those who have suspected a crime or that are being arrested. Police are taught to physically stop a criminal with less lethal means. But these days in to many cases it becomes shoot first and then ask questions after. 

I personally think the old form of Policing needs to be reimplemented where physical force to subdue a suspect was used. That would solve many if the problems we are facing across American, in fact many of the riotes that occurred would not have if simple physical detainment was used Properly. The Police are trained to physically detain suspects, and they are paid to take risks doing so.

So I truly beleive too many are hiding behide their Guns, and are either afraid to use physical forced are do not have the ability to do, either way if that is the case they don't need to me Police Officers.

JIMO

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
docyabut2

Sorry all I just don't like mentally ill criminals.My second son and his wife were correctional officers in a prison. The criminals made a list to kill the officers. They almost killed his wife, she was beaten to a pulp,:( if another officer didn't save her.:) I support cops!

  • Like 3
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
1 hour ago, docyabut2 said:

Sorry all I just don't like mentally ill criminals.My second son and his wife were correctional officers in a prison. The criminals made a list to kill the officers. They almost killed his wife, she was beaten to a pulp,:( if another officer didn't save her.:) I support cops!

It's not a question of whether you like or dislike mentally ill Criminals. According to our legal system all people in the criminal justice system, or suspects being arrested or detained by Police have Rights. Its also not about supporting the Police, or Correctional Officers because again they have policies and procedures that outline their conduct. While I am sorry for your daughter in law, what happened to her is a risk anyone must take when they do that kind of job.

Sadly I suspect that not all people who do these jobs are ready for the consequences of their job. In my opinion much of this is due to a lack of training in preparation to perform their duties, and this should be blamed upon the departments who train them, not the officers themselve.

Take Care

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
docyabut2
17 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

It's not a question of whether you like or dislike mentally ill Criminals. According to our legal system all people in the criminal justice system, or suspects being arrested or detained by Police have Rights. Its also not about supporting the Police, or Correctional Officers because again they have policies and procedures that outline their conduct. While I am sorry for your daughter in law, what happened to her is a risk anyone must take when they do that kind of job.

Sadly I suspect that not all people who do these jobs are not ready for the consequences of their job. In my opinion much of this is due to a lack of training in preparation to perform their duties, and this should be blamed upon the departments who train them, not the officers themselve.

Take Care

its sad to me is why so many cops are attack and killed, and now why so many cops do not want to do their  jobs anymore to protect their communities. the protesters want to defund police  ?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
1 minute ago, docyabut2 said:

its sad to me is why so many cops are attack and killed, and now why so many cops do not want to do their  jobs anymore to protect their communities. the protesters want to defund police  ?

It's sad to me that these days so many Police are not trained to do their jobs. Many of the Police across America today are unable or afraid to do their jobs, so they use their Gun as a first course of action. In my opinion if the police are unable to perform their duties according to Protect and Serve standards and should be trained to higher standard of fired. 

As far as defunding our Nations Police Forces, I totally disagree with that. I also don't beleive that anyone truly wants to reduce the number Officers that are serving. But I do think many agree that retraining is absolutely necessary, and that other opinions need to be used to replace most of the deadly force being used. Like I have said physical force to arrest or detain can be used in many cases where deadly force is used.

JIMO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
South Alabam
3 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

It's sad to me that these days so many Police are not trained to do their jobs. Many of the Police across America today are unable or afraid to do their jobs, so they use their Gun as a first course of action. In my opinion if the police are unable to perform their duties according to Protect and Serve standards and should be trained to higher standard of fired. 

As far as defunding our Nations Police Forces, I totally disagree with that. I also don't beleive that anyone truly wants to reduce the number Officers that are serving. But I do think many agree that retraining is absolutely necessary, and that other opinions need to be used to replace most of the deadly force being used. Like I have said physical force to arrest or detain can be used in many cases where deadly force is used.

JIMO

Exactly. It is like Police having the suspect get out of the car, arms in the air, facing away from the Officers, and then charge and tackle him instead of having him go to his knees and safely handcuff him.  An easy way to get a "resisting arrest" citation because most people will struggle to regain a safe fall position. 

It is just like getting a lecture from a Police Officer for a non crime. It shouldn't happen. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Setton
8 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

You know training to be a Police Officer requires more than shooting people. The Police motto is Protect and Serve, and that applies to all American Citizens even those who have suspected a crime or that are being arrested. Police are taught to physically stop a criminal with less lethal means. But these days in to many cases it becomes shoot first and then ask questions after. 

I personally think the old form of Policing needs to be reimplemented where physical force to subdue a suspect was used. That would solve many if the problems we are facing across American, in fact many of the riotes that occurred would not have if simple physical detainment was used Properly. The Police are trained to physically detain suspects, and they are paid to take risks doing so.

So I truly beleive too many are hiding behide their Guns, and are either afraid to use physical forced are do not have the ability to do, either way if that is the case they don't need to me Police Officers.

JIMO

Out of interest, do US police even carry a baton anymore?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
22 minutes ago, Setton said:

Out of interest, do US police even carry a baton anymore?

Yes some do, but if not carried they have them in there Police Cars.

However, we call them Night Sticks.

Take Care

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Setton
31 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Yes some do, but if not carried they have them in there Police Cars.

However, we call them Night Sticks.

Take Care

Is it just me or would it make more sense to always carry the baton and have the gun in the car in case it's needed?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
Just now, Setton said:

Is it just me or would it make more sense to always carry the baton and have the gun in the car in case it's needed?

No, in America where guns are as plentiful as fish in the Ocean our Police need to carry their gun. I know it's different in the U.K. your citizenship is not armed like Americans are. In your country the Monarchy has been afraid of being over thrown for many hundreds of years so being armed wasn't for the common folk. In my country, from it's inception it required its citizens to be armed so that in a moments notice they could respond as citizen soldiers if needed. 

Our Constitution lays this out very well and that is why Americans are still aloud to bear arms. In my opinion it is still necessary to some extent, because our Criminals are armed and while that was not the intended thoughts expressed in our Constitution it is a side effect of the rights our Constitution gave us more than 200 years ago.

Hope this helps

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
docyabut2

In most cases the cops don't trust the criminals that are attacking, they might have guns on them also to kill the cops

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Buzz_Light_Year

If you don't want a slug, don't be a thug.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Myles

If someone was charging me with a knife in hand.  I would shoot them.  

The criminal did a stupid thing.  

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thedutchiedutch

Remember this ? Why didn't he shoot ?

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.