Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US Border Chief Banned by Twitter

OverSword

The acting commissioner of U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) accused Twitter of removing his pro-border wall tweet and suspending his account, saying the move should "outrage every American citizen."

"They didn't lock me out, they locked you out," Mark Morgan said Thursday. "They imposed their own ideology, their own belief system to justify keeping the truth from the American people because it didn't fit their very obvious and transparent agenda."

Link

The reason for the ban?  From a different source:

Morgan was consequently sent an email from Twitter notifying him of the suspension.

“You may not promote violence against, threaten, or harass other people on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, religious affiliation, age, disability, or serious disease,” the email said.

Link

Slightly related possibly, here is the CEO of Twitter being grilled by Ted Cruz earlier this week over the Twitter ban of the New York Post because of them posting a tweet about the laptop of Hunter Biden :

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

If 230 gets repealed or fundamentally gutted as a protection for these platforms, they'll have NO ONE to blame but themselves.  Their arrogance is disgusting.  They are gambling that Biden will win and this story will go quiet.  I HOPE THEY LOSE IT ALL.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, and then said:

If 230 gets repealed or fundamentally gutted as a protection for these platforms, they'll have NO ONE to blame but themselves.  Their arrogance is disgusting.  They are gambling that Biden will win and this story will go quiet.  I HOPE THEY LOSE IT ALL.

The regrettable thing is that we can't read the tweet to determine if in fact Twitter is enforcing their rules in good faith.  I think sooner or later someone will find it then we'll have a better idea.  

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, and then said:

absolutely, 230 has to go

• Like 2

1 hour ago, aztek said:

absolutely, 230 has to go

It will have to be replaced with some form of protection, based on regulation of censorship or these platforms would collapse completely.  This is a case of them pressing for raw power where they COULD police themselves in an equitable way.  They want the power and they have no right to silence speech in such a way.  I can't get over how overtly ARROGANT they are.

4 minutes ago, and then said:

It will have to be replaced with some form of protection, based on regulation of censorship or these platforms would collapse completely. 

yea, it should only apply to companies with less than 200 employees. 

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

The regrettable thing is that we can't read the tweet to determine if in fact Twitter is enforcing their rules in good faith.  I think sooner or later someone will find it then we'll have a better idea.  

The tweet:

“Every mile helps us stop gang members, murderers, sexual predators and drugs from entering our country.”

“It’s a fact, walls work,” the tweet read.

At the Federalist: Link

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5

15 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

The tweet:

“Every mile helps us stop gang members, murderers, sexual predators and drugs from entering our country.”

“It’s a fact, walls work,” the tweet read.

At the Federalist: Link

If that's true then I think Twitter may have just bought their entire industry a bunch of trouble.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Big tech really needs some anti-trust type regulation.

Fun fact, 92 percent of search engine searches worldwide go through Google. 

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 2

Translation: Private companies should have few regulations to promote the free market...until the exact moment they tell someone I like that they're not allowed to use their private platform for something, at which point we become 100 percent okay with restrictions.

Hypocrisy, thy name is modern conservatives.

And I'm all for trust busting, but I'm /consistent/ about it, you guys just want to force private companies to toe your political line, while claiming you support the free market. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, aztek said:

few billions fine for infringing on his constitutional right should teach them a lesson. 

Doesn't apply to private companies, just the government.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, and then said:

It will have to be replaced with some form of protection, based on regulation of censorship or these platforms would collapse completely.  This is a case of them pressing for raw power where they COULD police themselves in an equitable way.  They want the power and they have no right to silence speech in such a way.  I can't get over how overtly ARROGANT they are.

Oh nooooo, they tell conservative politicians to quit spewing bull**** on their privately owned platform, how horrible! 

They don't like it? Go to Gab. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, OverSword said:

If that's true then I think Twitter may have just bought their entire industry a bunch of trouble.

One can hope... also, it isn't just social media.  

I've read this guy for a few years and have disagreed from time to time but I've never had the impression he was some partisan hack.  He bailed out of the Guardian during the Snowden uproar and began, with two other independent journalists, the INTERCEPT.  He just had to resign from it because editors in NYC broke their contract by demanding that he allow them to remove any material he had written that was embarrassing to Biden.   These people seem to have lost their damned minds and their fear of anyone calling them to account for their behavior during Obama's tenure.  I sincerely hope a very large wall falls on them and soon.

As for free speech I just don't want to argue with people anymore about why censorship is wrong.

Censorship is wrong. I don't even really think hate speech should be censored because the definition for what counts as  "hate speech" keeps growing.

I think the truth is that people really just want those they disagree with censored. They are fine with it.

• Like 5

Private club. Play by the rules or leave. Funny how only the Repubs are crying foul. Its as if they are the only ones breaking a private company's rules. Naw, it couldn't be, could it?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Autochthon1990 said:

Translation: Private companies should have few regulations to promote the free market...until the exact moment they tell someone I like that they're not allowed to use their private platform for something, at which point we become 100 percent okay with restrictions.

Hypocrisy, thy name is modern conservatives.

And I'm all for trust busting, but I'm /consistent/ about it, you guys just want to force private companies to toe your political line, while claiming you support the free market. 

The short answer is that by being a social posting website not giving preference to any political side companies like twitter are under a classification in which they are not liable for what people post.  If they start censoring not based on their rules but based on their political affiliation then they are risking the FCC reclassifying them as a publisher at which point they could be legally liable for content posted by their users which would cost them possibly billions in legal fees going into the future, which they are welcome to do but would be bad for business.

Doesn't apply to private companies, just the government.

So I am unable to infringe on your constitutional rights?  Ridiculous.

Oh nooooo, they tell conservative politicians to quit spewing bull**** on their privately owned platform, how horrible! 

They don't like it? Go to Gab. 

That's not what happened here.  

7 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Private club. Play by the rules or leave. Funny how only the Repubs are crying foul. Its as if they are the only ones breaking a private company's rules. Naw, it couldn't be, could it?

I agree with you, the rules are applied to everyone. But it is apparent that certain groups of people think they are above the rules. Then they act astonished when they are called on their comments, it's pretty sad but that's politics in general.:)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Probably because the private company rules don't seem to apply to liberal post. They were asked to name just one Democrat or liberal post or account that they pulled or banned and they couldn't. A person would think that if they were going to testify before Congress that they would have a laundry list of leftist views that were pulled but they couldn't . They said they would get Congress a list. Yeah well we'll see won't we.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Name the rule and then explain why the rule breaking tweet was put back up.  Maybe crying foul when there is a foul is effective?  Frankly after watching the way Cruz ripped on Dorsey in the vid at the top I'll be surprised if Dorsey doesn't fire the idiot that deleted this tweet which certainly broke no twitter rule.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

I agree with you, the rules are applied to everyone. But it is apparent that certain groups of people think they are above the rules. Then they act astonished when they are called on their comments, it's pretty sad but that's politics in general.:)

Is that what happened?  No.

Edited by OverSword

6 hours ago, OverSword said:

Link

The reason for the ban?  From a different source:

Link

Slightly related possibly, here is the CEO of Twitter being grilled by Ted Cruz earlier this week over the Twitter ban of the New York Post because of them posting a tweet about the laptop of Hunter Biden :

Every time Grampa Munster opens his yap, I get the shudders. He's akin to Rudy Giuliani, but much more evil. He's done nothing for his constituents, but fleece them. Anything this pile of manure says, needs to be taken with a barge load of salt. I've proven through links that the laptop scandal was a cooked up scam by Rudy, and his Russian buddy. Yet here you are parroting the same shiat.

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hankenhunter said:

Every time Grampa Munster opens his yap, I get the shudders.

:lol:  He does resemble Al Lewis!!  I never noticed that.  Have you ever noticed that John Kerry looks like Fred Gwynne?

john-kerry-totally-looks-like-herman-munCa4bwo8W8AA3pYA.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Is that what happened?  No.

Actually yes that is what happened, the rules do apply to everyone and when Twitter realized a mistake was made they corrected it. These situations will continue, and people will agree and disagree. Its nothing more than politics, fact is I have never seen a thread on this subject that wasn't based on some form of politics.

• Like 1