Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Asians who are rooting for Trump

Eldorado

"When Donald Trump got elected four years ago, I thought the US had gone crazy," Erica Yuen tells the BBC.

"I'd always been a supporter of the Democrats. Now though, I support Trump - along with a lot of the Hong Kong protesters."

The activist and businesswoman says that the priority for Hong Kong is to get a US president who will "hit the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) hard - that's the only thing that Hong Kong protesters hope for".

These hopes have been fuelled by the US president's vocal criticisms of China, particularly with regard to Hong Kong.

Full monty at the BBC: Link

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

We need Chelsea Handler to explain them why they have to vote root for Biden...

Candace Owens gave quite a responce to these entitled white progressive racist liberals.

Edited by bmk1245
  • Thanks 2

At first, I thought it says "Two Asians who are rooting for Trump" and though it still seems a lot, I remembered one of them must be Kim Yong Un-dead so it sounded about right. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The Asians who are rooting for Trump...

...Ymean North Korea?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I worked with a young Hong Kong Chinese. A Trump supporter. At first he seemed ok untill he startet in confidence to rant against mainland Chinese, muslims and black people. We are a Chinese owned company. He got fired. He sent a few messages to the supervisor, who is a black canadian after that. His case is in court. :rolleyes: 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, odas said:

I worked with a young Hong Kong Chinese. A Trump supporter. At first he seemed ok untill he startet in confidence to rant against mainland Chinese, muslims and black people. We are a Chinese owned company. He got fired. He sent a few messages to the supervisor, who is a black canadian after that. His case is in court. :rolleyes: 

A hideously racist trump supporter!? Say its not so! D:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Autochthon1990 said:

Not sure really. He liked Trump but I am not sure  it started with Trump. It turned out that this guy was fired before for simmilar reasons at another company. Funny sidestory: he picked up fights with eveyone and constantly complained to the Supervisor. One young worker got another job in another company. He gave a three weeks notice but told us that his wish was if the racist could be out of the door before him. Honest to Good, on his last day the racist was excorted out. We had a blast. It was Friday and I do not remember how many beers we had at the pub afterwards.

• Haha 2

I mean Asians are pretty prejudice to other asians from other countries so why not to everyone thats not from their countries? Well except for the ones that show sympathy toward their own plights.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Autochthon1990 said:

I mean Asians are pretty prejudice to other asians from other countries so why not to everyone thats not from their countries? Well except for the ones that show sympathy toward their own plights.

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

At first, I thought it says "Two Asians who are rooting for Trump" and though it still seems a lot, I remembered one of them must be Kim Yong Un-dead so it sounded about right. 

European populists rooting for Trump.

Trump has more fervent supporters in the Western Balkans, particularly in Serbia and Bosnia & Herzegovina’s Serb entity Republika Srpska. Unlike the ideologically motivated support from Central European leaders like Orban, however, this stance is rooted in the ethno-nationalist dividing lines in the Balkans. Trump’s 2016 victory over Hillary Clinton was welcomed in Serbia, where many people believe the opposition Democrats hate Serbs. They also blame former US president Bill Clinton for the US-led Nato bombing of Serbia in 1999 and the subsequent loss of Kosovo.

Intellinews

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Eldorado said:

European populists rooting for Trump.

Trump has more fervent supporters in the Western Balkans, particularly in Serbia and Bosnia & Herzegovina’s Serb entity Republika Srpska. Unlike the ideologically motivated support from Central European leaders like Orban, however, this stance is rooted in the ethno-nationalist dividing lines in the Balkans. Trump’s 2016 victory over Hillary Clinton was welcomed in Serbia, where many people believe the opposition Democrats hate Serbs. They also blame former US president Bill Clinton for the US-led Nato bombing of Serbia in 1999 and the subsequent loss of Kosovo.

Intellinews

Yup. They don't blame Milošević and his irrational idea that Serbia can simply occupy and ethnically cleanse countries that used to be constitutional republics of former Yugoslavia, they blame Clinton for stopping the genocide. 

It's fascinating, in a morbid way, that even today it's widespread opinion in Serbia that they were the only real victims, because their population was never faced with facts about 1990's. The ultra-nationalist myth was never contested in Serbia. They don't want to even consider there was any wrongdoing on their part. Srebrenica and Vukovar and all other scenes of greater Serbian genocidal war crimes are forbidden topic in Serbia. 

It really is different in Croatia. I can and I must say that my side was guilty of war crimes in 1990's too. It is very frequently and very brutally honestly discussed in my country. (We're not yet done arguing about all the dirty laundry from WWII, so of course this, latest war is very far from being an exhausted topic.)

But that is not allowed in Serbia. Their ultra-nationalists are still in power, their bizarre mythical narrative is still uncontested in their public sphere and they still reject any responsibility or rationality. Like Trump, they're infallible in their own eyes, to the morbid amusement of the survivors of their expansionist attempts.     

So of course Trump is their guy. Not just that he's sucking up to Putin (Serbia traditionally begs Russia to take them in their sphere of influence, with quite amusingly crappy results), but he's also rejecting responsibility, substitutes facts with lies and myths, believes excuses can alter reality and so on.   

While guys like Orban are trying to extort more influence with their more-less convincing attempts at sitting on two chairs at once (EU and "isolationism"=Russian sphere), greater Serbian unreformed and unrepentant ethnic cleansers have no other chair but the one Putin still lets them use.

The most enjoyable joke happened recently, when Republika Srpska (one of three Bosnia and Herzegovina's entities, the only one under heavy Serbia's influence) made their usual warmongering noises and an official from Russian government (can't remember who exactly) said Dayton agreement is the guarantee of peace in B&H. Translated to the everyday language: Russia won't support Serbian intention to start another expansionist war.

A little surprising and on the other hand, not surprising really. European "populist" movements are mostly Russian-financed attempts at making the EU more pliable to Russian interests, but they didn't yield the desired results. Without skyrocketing oil price, Putin simply can't support these projects that are not paying off. It's even worse with greater Serbian fantasies - opening an active war zone right at EU and NATO border, with realistic chance the US will be back in function in few short months would be very, very counter-productive for Russia at this moment.   

It's of course a lot more complicated, but this is my opinion, boiled down to the basics.

To sum it up and bring it back more strictly on topic, no one sane supports Trump. It's not a matter of race or even politics, it's a matter of sanity.   

Edited by Helen of Annoy
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/1/2020 at 4:59 AM, InconceivableThoughts said:

I mean Asians are pretty prejudice to other asians from other countries so why not to everyone thats not from their countries? Well except for the ones that show sympathy toward their own plights.

When was the last time you were in an Asian country, and what country did you visit?

5 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

When was the last time you were in an Asian country, and what country did you visit?

Just don't. I dont know if you're trying to just start a fight but just stop child. I dont know if you know this but the Chinese and Japanese hate each other as well as alot of asian countries hating both of them due to the years of invasions. I'm not sure if that has changed since its 2020 and all but i highly doubt it. 

Edited by InconceivableThoughts
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, InconceivableThoughts said:

Just don't. I dont know if you're trying to just start a fight but just stop child. I dont know if you know this but the Chinese and Japanese hate each other as well as alot of asian countries hating both of them due to the years of invasions. I'm not sure if that has changed since its 2020 and all but i highly doubt it. 

I am not trying to start anything, I was interested to learn where and how you formed your opinion about Asians. I am a retired US Army soldier living in South Korea, and I have spent time in many countries in Asia. I will agree there are still tensions from the past, but hate isn't something that I hear people talk about. But, thanks for clearing that up for me, I have learned all I need to know about your knowledge of Asia and its people which amounts to nothing.

As far your name calling, it only further proves who is acting like a scolded child! If you would have acted respectfully my comments to you would have followed suit, remember your actions will be reflected back upon you by others.:yes::tu:

Have a nice day!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

I am not trying to start anything, I was interested to learn where and how you formed your opinion about Asians. I am a retired US Army soldier living in South Korea, and I have spent time in many countries in Asia. I will agree there are still tensions from the past, but hate isn't something that I hear people talk about. But, thanks for clearing that up for me, I have learned all I need to know about your knowledge of Asia and its people which amounts to nothing.

As far your name calling, it only further proves who is acting like a scolded child! If you would have acted respectfully my comments to you would have followed suit, remember your actions will be reflected back upon you by others.:yes::tu:

Have a nice day!

Just what my high school history teacher lead me to believe, my guy.:tu:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, InconceivableThoughts said:

Just what my high school history teacher lead me to believe, my guy.:tu:

That all you had to say in the first place, remember respect isn't given it earned by giving it to others!:yes:

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Have a nice day!

You (sarcastically) automatically assumed I had been to Asia . Why? I'll answer. You wanted set me up to make me sound like I didnt know what i was talking about(stupid) . So yes grow up child.

Sorry I didnt read that last part of your last message before I replied to your first segment. So I felt justified because thats exactly what you were doing. Why so you could act like you know it all because youve been to "many" asian countries. Ive been to almost every state but I wont claim to know the culture of every state.

Edited by InconceivableThoughts
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, InconceivableThoughts said:

You (sarcastically) automatically assumed I had been to Asia . Why? I'll answer. You wanted set me up to make me sound like I didnt know what i was talking about . So yes grow up child.

Sorry I didnt read that last part of your last message before I replied to your first segment. So I felt justified because thats exactly what you were doing.

In fact you don't know what your talking about, however my response to you was not to set you up for anything, little Paranoia aren't you!!:rolleyes: I never assumed you had been to Asia, your comments I responded to had already prove that you never had. I was only trying to get an idea about how you came to make the statements you did. I would not have respond to you in a negative manner if you had been honest with your reply. 

Keep plugging along on this or other forums, but remember for future reference acting sarcastic, childish and especially paranoid will not help you be accepted. If someone asks you a question be honest and answer it, people respect that even if they don't agree with you. So hang in there, young one you will there the ropes in no time!!:tu:

Peace Out Space Cadet!!:D

• Like 1