Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Khufu's Boats-How Did They Get There?

Thanos5150

I doubt if there will be a counter argument other than drivel, but I'll start one of by playing Devil's advocate. I notice that the door bolt shown on one of the B&W photos is identical in design to those used on the shrines of Tutankhamun. Surely if the bolts used in the boat dated from the time of Khufu, they would not be using exactly the same design some 1,300 years later. Therefore, the boats must have been placed there at a later time, probably during the reign of Thutmosis IV, or by Hawass, hiss! boo!, and let's not forget that he was around when the boats were "discovered", but don't mention how old he would have been

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 11/1/2020 at 2:43 AM, Wepwawet said:

I doubt if there will be a counter argument other than drivel, but I'll start one of by playing Devil's advocate. I notice that the door bolt shown on one of the B&W photos is identical in design to those used on the shrines of Tutankhamun. Surely if the bolts used in the boat dated from the time of Khufu, they would not be using exactly the same design some 1,300 years later. Therefore, the boats must have been placed there at a later time, probably during the reign of Thutmosis IV, or by Hawass, hiss! boo!, and let's not forget that he was around when the boats were "discovered", but don't mention how old he would have been

This one's easy-How do you know when Tut's bolts were made? Just because he is using them 1300yrs later doesn't mean this is when they were made and the fact they are the same must mean they are at least 1300yrs old.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thanos5150 said:

This one's easy-How do you know when Tut's bolts were made? Just because he is using them 1300yrs later doesn't mean this is when they were made and the fact they are the same must mean they are at least 1300yrs old.   

Which goes to show how easy it is to make stuff up and just generally distort anything about Ancient Egypt. And of course, as they re-used burial equipment, then Tut's stuff, while seeming to be from his two predecessors, is probably much older, I mean, how could they have been working gold to such a high level 3,400 years ago. No, it must be far older, perhaps they took it from G1, making "Tut's" stuff 10,000 years old, and Hawass is keeping it secret.

• Haha 1

"This one's easy-How do you know when Tut's bolts were made? Just because he is using them 1300yrs later doesn't mean this is when they were made and the fact they are the same must mean they are at least 1300yrs old".   

Should be "at least 1300yrs older".

Edited by Thanos5150

On 11/1/2020 at 12:09 AM, Thanos5150 said:

So, as we are told the AE could not cut and move massive stones like the dozens of 15-20 blocks found covering just these few boat pits. But as we are also told, the reason there is no evidence of this LC is because it is so old everything has disappeared other than the stone monuments they left behind. But, if true, how did these cedar wood boats with their period columns, period cartouches, and well preserved metal rings get inside these boat pits covered with dozens of 20 ton blocks sealed with mortar? 

We are to believe then that the "primitive" AE moved away all these 20 ton blocks left by the LC and put these fantastic sophisticated boats made of imported cedar wood from Byblos, drew cartouches on the bottom of the blocks, then put the blocks back perfectly and sealed them up with mortar? But if the AE could move these 20 ton megaliths and put them back then what could they not do?

But since we are told the AE could not do such things therefore these boats must belong to the LC. Even the cartouches must belong somehow to the LC. Yet as we are also told only stone could survive for the required thousands of years for all evidence of the LC to otherwise completely disappear yet for some inexplicable reason here these wooden boats are hermetically sealed under dozens of megalithic blocks only the LC could supposedly cut and move. How can this be...? Hmmm. 

Well, given that they moved granite blocks of up to 80 tons in the Great Pyramid's relieving chambers and stones of similar size in earlier pyramids (which somehow get overlooked and not attributed to any "lost civilization", I think it's pretty evident that they could easily move things that size.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wepwawet said:

No, it must be far older, perhaps they took it from G1, making "Tut's" stuff 10,000 years old, and Hawass is keeping it secret.

The common fringe trope Hawass and/or Egyptology is trying to "hide the truth" from the world is just plain stupid. It is an excuse not only to remain willfully ignorant, but also create the illusion that the "real evidence" is out there but we will never see it because the establishment led by grandmaster Hawass does not want the world to know the "real" truth. 

The rub, however, is that the overwhelming majority of what has been discovered in Egypt occurred in the 19th and early 20th centuries at a time when many of these archaeologists were more than happy, if not expecting, to find someone else other than the AE responsible for these monuments. The documentation of their work and discoveries is voluminous which Hawass and cabal has not hidden away, but rather instead is available for all to see if they just give an effort and/or be honest with themselves. Ironically, the only one "hiding the truth" is the people who think this by way of refusing to educate themselves or exercise a little common sense.

• Like 4

One way of them educating themselves, if they cannot bring themselves to reading the works of people they clearly hate, is to spend two hours, as I have just done this evening, watching the Netflix documentary "Secrets of the Saqqara Tomb". It even has the word "secrets" to entice them. It deals with the discovery of the intact tomb of the 5th Dynasty priest Wahtye, and other discoveries around the Bubasteion necropolis, like the mumified lion cub that made into the news. Entirely an Egyptian dig, and with hardly a word in English, apart from the ubiquitous Salima Ikram and one or two others. Ah, subtitles and insights into the Egyptian mind, ancient and modern, this could be a problem for the fringe, oh well....

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Well surely the obvious answer is to radiocarbon-date everything?  The boats, the stones, Zahi Hawass, the Nile, everything.

Obvious, but WRONG!  As Thanos points out the boats are made of ancient cedar, which - as everyone knows - is not the same as carbon.  First I noticed it's spelt differently.  Then I checked and it isn't even on the Periodic Table which means cedar is a new element!  Probably of alien origin, like the green stuff that hurts Batman.  And until someone invents radiocedar-dating we will probably never know...

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Hawass needing dating, but first he needs his human skin unzipped to reveal his true reptillian self. Lehner looks a bit suspicious as well, what does he have under that hat, pointy ears, antennae. We should know the truth

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Thanos5150 said:

Dude....

C5J2HYWVMAEuthG.jpg

What?  Did I make one teeny tiny mistake?  Oh well, as long as everything else I say is correct I'll forgive myself.

• Haha 3

I appreciate the opening post for its pictures and information. It is really first class stuff. Thanks.

I don’t really care about all the pseudo debate of who built what and when. I think it’s a clear case until other evidence is found so I cannot get to worked up about that stuff. Personally I don’t rule out things until it reeks of ridiculous, but that’s just me.

solar2.jpg        1394170727_300px-Stephensons_Rocket_drawing.jpg.559be646917be8ce4ab13b02d351a53c.jpg

Has anybody else noticed the similarity?  Are we really supposed to believe the Egyptians had steam-powered boats over 4000 years ago?  And everyone knows that coal was invented in 1712 when we ran out of trees to burn, which proves these boats are fake.

I think Hawass or his grandad dug the pits one night and hid the boats there, so they could 'discover' them in the morning.  Either that or Atlantean time-travellers from a future in which boats are able to move under steam power.  (I know that's preposterous, but I bet someone on this site will claim it's possible!)  Or maybe Kenemet - he's been suspiciously quiet about this whole affair...

I don't think it was aliens - that's just silly.

• Haha 3

41 minutes ago, Tom1200 said:

I don't think it was aliens - that's just silly.

I don't know that it's so silly. I watched this 2015 movie "Dawn of the Mummy" about space aliens in stasis under a pyramid. Those movie guys are pretty smart and all, and they have info that is secret to us, so I reckons that movie was right. There's this other 2015 movie "The Pyramid" about Anubis being real and living in a pyramid, and that was true as well 'cos it was all from a cellphone they found, and that can't be faked, no way. We is livin in a dangrous world with all these space aliens and gods and who knows what else. I even heard spooky sounds on Halloween and sights that scared me half witless. I wuz already half witless so I reckon I can manage to read "Chariots of the Gods" now I'm fully witless

Edited by Wepwawet
Wot I rit wuz scary so I toned it down sum
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, Tom1200 said:

What?  Did I make one teeny tiny mistake?  Oh well, as long as everything else I say is correct I'll forgive myself.

Is it a "teeny tiny mistake" Cladking? Is it really...? 

• Haha 4

52 minutes ago, Wepwawet said:

I don't know that it's so silly. I watched this 2015 movie "Dawn of the Mummy" about space aliens in stasis under a pyramid. Those movie guys are pretty smart and all, and they have info that is secret to us, so I reckons that movie was right. There's this other 2015 movie "The Pyramid" about Anubis being real and living in a pyramid, and that was true as well 'cos it was all from a cellphone they found, and that can't be faked, no way. We is livin in a dangrous world with all these space aliens and gods and who knows what else. I even heard spooky sounds on Halloween and sights that scared me half witless. I wuz already half witless so I reckon I can manage to read "Chariots of the Gods" now I'm fully witless

You left out the documentary "Stargate", which explains a lot.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tom1200 said:

)  Or maybe Kenemet - he's been suspiciously quiet about this whole affair...

SHE will be attending to you shortly

YCD2MUz.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

59 minutes ago, Gaden said:

You left out the documentary "Stargate", which explains a lot.

I was saving that as the killer punch with it being the unified theory of all woo, pyramids, Atlantis, all the gods, UFOs, abductions. But there's a sort of proto Atlantis thing, the Lemmus trilogy by Julian Jay Savarin, it even came with some groovy far out prog rock, man. Now I'm falling into a deep sleep just thinking about concept albums Zzzzzzzz

• Haha 1

• 7 months later...
On 10/31/2020 at 10:09 PM, Thanos5150 said:

It should also be noted that 18 cartouches of Djedefre were found on the underside of these blocks in just one pit:

5893436562_d9a12883e1.jpg

For those interested: 

Begin 35:41 for commentary on names of Khufu and Djedefre found in Khufu II. An amazing discovery unfortunately ignored by the media.  Even more explosive is at the 39:44 Rohim claims the fittings found in Khufu II were made of iron. A photo of these fittings which sure look like copper or bronze but he seems quite certain about it:

Ancient Egyptians used metal in wooden ships

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thanos5150 said:

Even more explosive is at the 39:44 Rohim claims the fittings found in Khufu II were made of iron. A photo of these fittings which sure look like copper or bronze but he seems quite certain about it:

I see the video was published in 2018. On page 1691 of volume three of Guardian of Egypt - Studies in honor of Zahi Hawass, published last year, Sakuji Yoshimura, director of the Japanese side of the project, shows a clearer photo of these fittings and describes them as copper.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Wepwawet said:

I see the video was published in 2018. On page 1691 of volume three of Guardian of Egypt - Studies in honor of Zahi Hawass, published last year, Sakuji Yoshimura, director of the Japanese side of the project, shows a clearer photo of these fittings and describes them as copper.

Hence why I say this is Affifi Rohim’s (Chief Inspector of Giza, Ministry of State for Antiquities) "claim" noting in my opinion "they sure look like copper or bronze" as despite his confidence I find it hard to believe.  Rohim says:

”Here is something very important; for the first time we found that the ancient Egyptians used ‘iron’…in the Old Kingdom. Most archaeologists will say that the ancient Egyptians didn’t use ‘iron’ in the Age of…in the pyramids [?] of the Old Kingdom. And we didn’t  find any ‘iron’ in any other boats in Egypt; even in the first boat. But, here in the second boat, we find ‘iron’…”

If true this of course is amazing. If not true, equally amazing is how someone in Rohim's position, not just the MSA but on this project, could make such a spectacular blunder. 

A clearer photo:

im%3E%20g%5D

8 hours ago, Wepwawet said:

I knew a fine fellow who was always claiming/stating copper and bronze was 'iron' and or a copper iron alloy. Why he would always do so I cannot imagine but I took to carrying around a small magnet to dissuade him of such tangents.

Use of Arabic to describe metals. In my experience the use of the proper terms for iron 'Hadid' is not always followed and sometimes they used the term filz (metal or metallic in English) to mean any type of metal the default being more common to iron. It is possible this could be leading to a translation error - either that or he is just wrong. Specifically they should use Nuhas or Albranz for copper or bronze but sometimes filz was used.

Edited by Hanslune
  • Like 1