Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Edward Snowden wants dual Citizenship

Grim Reaper 6

The American Traitor Edward Snowden is applying for Russian Citizenship, but he wants to maintain his US Nationality which would if excepted allow him to have Dual American / Russian Citizenship. In a short thread, Snowden stated that he and his wife would like to remain Americans, raising their son with all of the American values they love including the freedom to speak his mind. 

While I certainly feel sorry for their child, I have no sympathy for Snowden himself. He made his choices, and now he should also have to live with the outcome of those choices. Since Snowden did commit treason against the United States by stealing and releasing classified information on NSA practices both Domestic and Foreign his American Citizenship can be legally revoked and I for one hope it is, there nothing I hate more than a traitor.  Its very possible by trying to get dual American / Russian Citizenship this will occur which is only right under the circumstances.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/edward-snowden-aims-to-become-dual-us-russian-citizen/ar-BB1aBbQr

link to article concerning treason and revoking American Citizenship for that crime.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1481

While he did release some startling information about NSA operations in the USA, he also released NSA information concerning operations abroad that put the lives of NSA Agents in jeopardy. In addition with his knowledge of NSA operations and Computer networking he could be a valuable asset to the Russian Cyber Attackers who constantly attack US Federal Installations.  It certainly doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that his asylum in Russia isn't free, so he must be paying for it in some manner!!

• Haha 4

Oh no, another Lee Harvey Oswald... 

~

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, third_eye said:

~

Yea, that's about what it amounts to, but I am sorry I really hate traitors!:yes:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

While he did release some startling information about NSA operations in the USA, he also released NSA information concerning operations abroad that put the lives of NSA Agents in jeopardy.

This has always been my issue when people make him out to be some poor persecuted defender of freedom.

If his motive really was that he thought the NSA's domestic operations were illegal/unethical, he would have limited his disclosures to that subject, not betrayed his country wholesale and put it's allies at risk.

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Setton said:

This has always been my issue when people make him out to be some poor persecuted defender of freedom.

If his motive really was that he thought the NSA's domestic operations were illegal/unethical, he would have limited his disclosures to that subject, not betrayed his country wholesale and put it's allies at risk.

I totally agree with you, and the persecuted defender crap makes me ill. There is nothing or no one on this plant that I truly hate, with the exception of Traitors. :angry:

• Haha 1

Hopefully, Snowden and Assange will receive full pardons soon.  They chose to shine the light into a dark place and it embarrassed and outraged the PTB in the swamp.  At the same time, a U.S. soldier copied secret documents he had sworn an oath to keep secret and rather than put the HE/SHE/THEY against a wall, Obama pardoned him.  You'll probably say I'm using a double standard but I don't think so.

Manning could have waited until he was discharged and leaked the story but he/she /they chose to do it while still in uniform.  He had a sworn duty that he not only shirked, he spat on it and this country.  He should just be thankful someone like me wasn't given the power to sentence him.

• Sad 1

On 11/2/2020 at 12:20 AM, Manwon Lender said:

He made his choices, and now he should also have to live with the outcome of those choices.

You mean like Bradley Manning?  I mean, he did the same thing while in the Army and while he was entrusted with TS material.  

• Sad 1

33 minutes ago, and then said:

You mean like Bradley Manning?  I mean, he did the same thing while in the Army and while he was entrusted with TS material.  

Do you think one wrong makes anything right, I thought you were a Patriotic American how can you even attempt to make a comparison, letting anyone return after committing such a crime is a travesty and it makes me sick!! It would be refreshing to hear you say something like that, but you are unable to see the irony of your own comments!!!!:(  

45 minutes ago, and then said:

Hopefully, Snowden and Assange will receive full pardons soon.  They chose to shine the light into a dark place and it embarrassed and outraged the PTB in the swamp.  At the same time, a U.S. soldier copied secret documents he had sworn an oath to keep secret and rather than put the HE/SHE/THEY against a wall, Obama pardoned him.  You'll probably say I'm using a double standard but I don't think so.

Manning could have waited until he was discharged and leaked the story but he/she /they chose to do it while still in uniform.  He had a sworn duty that he not only shirked, he spat on it and this country.  He should just be thankful someone like me wasn't given the power to sentence him.

Your a patriotic American, and your support Traitors who put lives at risk you probably secretly support ISIS too!!:w00t:  I am glad once written these comments stay online forever, hopefully others will read what you think at some future date!!;)

Edited by Manwon Lender

On 11/2/2020 at 1:38 AM, third_eye said:

~

Congrats ....Best laugh of the day, so far.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Raptor Witness said:

Congrats ....Best laugh of the day, so far.

Yes it certainly was!!:D:tu:

• 3 weeks later...

Absolutely not. No dual. Also, I don't know much about writing a book, but does anyone know how he managed to have just released a book with his face plastered on it in 2019 in the US? Did he have someone else in the US write it and release it for him? Or is he lying about that too? 

This event happened so many years ago (so much has changed since then) and he's trying to come back in to the main stream and reap the benefits, but he gained weight and age and looks like a total squid yet is trying to play "I am 29 and awkward and shy" on Joe Rogan which is so obviously superficial to anyone who has studied psychology or body language. For someone in the nsa, he is incredibly easy to read.

I don't doubt his intelligence, I doubt his authenticity. A rubiks cube? A flannel? A typo in his name? Why did he release the leaks the way that he did? Why is he the most selfish and obnoxious personality and cheesy actor? His friend caught a fly? Its weird. His whole entire family was in the government. He walked right in to his position, and then asked the world for his attention. Now he's trying to go on Vice and advocate for anarchy and a bunch of other weird stuff. Before you know it, he'll come out of the closet or admit he was in the US the whole time and rise out of the ground from the sewers with the Chaz team.

• Like 1