Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A question

Hankenhunter

This isn't pertaining to the forum. But, I may need help none the less. My tablet battery (just over a year old) has been performing really poorly the last month. It still drains when playing my normal games, or watching You Tube vids and recharging really slowly. I have a new battery on order, but I'm a bit suspicious of the cause. Yesterday it started getting much better, but still not great, and just now the drawdown of power is happening again. Could my tablet be hijacked  by someone else for chain computing power? Or is it because I leave it charging when I use it all the time. I have the virus app that came with the tablet. Thanks

Hank

Apple? Android? 

DevCheck gives you all the information you need about your hardware and operating system in a clear, accurate and organized way. DevCheck provides the most detailed CPU and System-on-a-chip (SOC) info available. See specifications for Bluetooth, GPU, RAM, storage and other hardware in your phone or tablet.

Rating

(9,647)
Price

Free
Platforms

Android

~

If apple™ then you either send it back if warranty still covers it, if not, toss it and get a new spanking overpriced just released shiny old tech consumer money leeching non repairable product assembled in China. 

~

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hankenhunter said:

This isn't pertaining to the forum. But, I may need help none the less. My tablet battery (just over a year old) has been performing really poorly the last month. It still drains when playing my normal games, or watching You Tube vids and recharging really slowly. I have a new battery on order, but I'm a bit suspicious of the cause. Yesterday it started getting much better, but still not great, and just now the drawdown of power is happening again. Could my tablet be hijacked  by someone else for chain computing power? Or is it because I leave it charging when I use it all the time. I have the virus app that came with the tablet. Thanks

Hank

Do you know how to go to system files, if you can it will show you what is using the most power. Most have the opinion where you can turn off applications that are not being used or needed to save power. You can also check your start up applications to see if something is using to much power, or shouldn't be there in the first place. 

What type of Virus protection are you using, I recommend Norton. They also provide a service that costs $99 per year where you can have a Technician on call 24 hrs a day. They can access your system over the web and fix issues, destroy any Viruses and diagnose any issues you have. Plus they will install a firewall than monitors your system on or off 24 hrs a day for any intrusion, once installed Virus are a thing of the past.

The firewall they install starts at your router, and you can have 5 items protected for the one price including your cell phones.

Just a thought.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Do you know how to go to system files, if you can it will show you what is using the most power. Most have the opinion where you can turn off applications that are not being used or needed to save power. You can also check your start up applications to see if something is using to much power, or shouldn't be there in the first place. 

What type of Virus protection are you using, I recommend Norton. They also provide a service that costs $99 per year where you can have a Technician on call 24 hrs a day. They can access your system over the web and fix issues, destroy any Viruses and diagnose any issues you have. Plus they will install a firewall than monitors your system on or off 24 hrs a day for any intrusion, once installed Virus are a thing of the past.

The firewall they install starts at your router, and you can have 5 items protected for the one price including your cell phones.

Just a thought.

Based on the symptoms, I'd agree with @Manwon Lender's suggestion, ESPECIALLY in regard to the firewall !! 

• Thanks 2

@Hankenhunter

Sadly, it sounds as if you have committed battericide.  Lithium Ion batteries hate being fully charged or fully discharged.

There are many good articles out there telling you what to do and what not to do to them.

https://www.powerelectronics.com/markets/mobile/article/21859861/proper-care-extends-liion-battery-life

Edited by acute
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, acute said:

@Hankenhunter

Sadly, it sounds as if you have committed battericide.  Lithium Ion batteries hate being fully charged or fully discharged.

There are many good articles out there telling you what to do and what not to do to them.

https://www.powerelectronics.com/markets/mobile/article/21859861/proper-care-extends-liion-battery-life

Yup,i rarely let the battery drain to less than 40%,i also find reducing the screen brightness gives me way more battery life.

22 minutes ago, diddyman68 said:

Yup,i rarely let the battery drain to less than 40%,i also find reducing the screen brightness gives me way more battery life.

I keep my screen brightness very low, and just turn it up when I need to. Also, my Bluetooth and GPS/'Location' are off.

Charging to 100% is not as bad as constant discharging and recharging, but you should stay between 20% and 80% if possible.

The real sweet spot for a [Lithium Ion] battery is 50 per cent charge, as this puts the least amount of strain on the battery, and extends the number of charge cycles it can withstand before degrading.

So really, if you were super-keen on keeping your battery living as long as possible, you should keep its charge between 20 and 80 per cent.

Edited by acute
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1