Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
ExpandMyMind

2020 US election

3,360 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

ExpandMyMind

Since there doesn't appear to be a thread dedicated to election night, I figured I'd start one.

You can follow it here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election/us2020/results

But if anyone wants to post links to other sources then feel free.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ExpandMyMind

With the largest voter turnout in 100+ years expected, this one should be interesting.

The main difference between the two parties going into the election is that one side is encouraging as many people to vote as possible, while the other is doing everything to suppress as many legitimate votes as possible.

In other words, one side is advocating democracy while the other is stifling it. It should come as no surprise to anyone with proper reading comprehension on which side of that fence the Republican party is sitting. They already tried to throw out hundreds of thousands of legal votes in Harris county, only to be rejected by the conservative courts.

Their internal polling has them desperate.

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thedutchiedutch

It's liberation day in the US :tsu:

  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
8 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Since there doesn't appear to be a thread dedicated to election night, I figured I'd start one.

You can follow it here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election/us2020/results

But if anyone wants to post links to other sources then feel free.

:w00t:  So far one state on your map has reported.  New Hampshire, bidens home state with trump at over 65% of the vote :w00t:  

Oh if that happened in other states a I can just imagine the meltdown.  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
1 minute ago, thedutchiedutch said:

It's liberation day in the US :tsu:

Let's hope so :gun:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spartan max2

Putting my prediction down once again. Ohio and Florida Trump. Michigan and Pennsylvania Biden.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the13bats

Its so nice to see the same trump worshippers running right to their go to of the insult and guns so early in a thread.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
24 minutes ago, OverSword said:

:w00t:  So far one state on your map has reported.  New Hampshire, bidens home state with trump at over 65% of the vote :w00t:  

Oh if that happened in other states a I can just imagine the meltdown.  

Now tell the rest of story, that 61.5% of the vote is based upon 16 votes for trump and only 10 for Biden so oh my god your right!!:w00t::P

Thanks for the laugh:P

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/11/03/us/elections/results-new-hampshire.html

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
2 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Its so nice to see the same trump worshippers running right to their go to of the insult and guns so early in a thread.

Yes especially when their comments are BS, the voting report sited consists of 16 vote for trump and 10 votes for Biden.:P 

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/11/03/us/elections/results-new-hampshire.html

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Arbenol

All the news coverage I've seen of people voting shows long lines and a wait of several hours. Is that normal there?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
17 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Its so nice to see the same trump worshippers running right to their go to of the insult and guns so early in a thread.

Yeah! :rolleyes:

Do you have to vote for him to worship or is it okay that I voted for not him?

Edited by OverSword
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
10 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Yes especially when their comments are BS, the voting report sited consists of 16 vote for trump and 10 votes for Biden.:P 

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/11/03/us/elections/results-new-hampshire.html

It's not BS, it was the only thing on the map at the time.  Your tears are very salty.  And now biden barely ahead in Kentucky and trump leading big in Indiana.  Say BS.  

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the13bats
10 minutes ago, Arbenol said:

All the news coverage I've seen of people voting shows long lines and a wait of several hours. Is that normal there?

Depends on location

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ExpandMyMind
5 minutes ago, Arbenol said:

All the news coverage I've seen of people voting shows long lines and a wait of several hours. Is that normal there?

In areas with large populations of minorities, yeah. Republicans have been making it as difficult to vote as possible for minorities for the past decade. They've been closing hundreds, maybe as much as thousands of polling stations all around the country, disproportionately affecting minority voters.

  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
4 minutes ago, OverSword said:

It's not BS, it was the only thing on the map at the time.  Your tears are very salty.  And now biden barely ahead in Kentucky and trump leading big in Indiana.  Say BS.  

Come on act your age, your whining like a puppy that was step on. At this point nothing is for certain so yes I call your comments BS:st

What happens in the long run will happen no matter what, but get a longer handle if you continue to stir the pot or you may get your widle fingers burnt!!:P

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
17 minutes ago, Arbenol said:

All the news coverage I've seen of people voting shows long lines and a wait of several hours. Is that normal there?

It is always normal in some areas, not in others.  The area my daughter lives in, the lines are abnormally long, because they still call mail in voting absentee voting which requires a reason to vote by mail.  In NM we have had early voting and no-excuse mail in voting for years so there are rarely long lines.  The. news said that Saturday there were long lines for early voting.  It was the last day to do early voting. 

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
15 minutes ago, Arbenol said:

All the news coverage I've seen of people voting shows long lines and a wait of several hours. Is that normal there?

Yes, but this year seems to be worst because of the social distancing and other facts. But it also is different from state to state, some cities in states have more polling centers than others.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
46 minutes ago, thedutchiedutch said:

It's liberation day in the US :tsu:

Maybe, my friend, but I just heard that Biden's campaign is saying there are "multiple paths to 270" even WITHOUT FLORIDA AND PENNSYLVANIA.  Why would she feel the need to point that out?

:w00t:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ExpandMyMind
1 minute ago, and then said:

Maybe, my friend, but I just heard that Biden's campaign is saying there are "multiple paths to 270" even WITHOUT FLORIDA AND PENNSYLVANIA.  Why would she feel the need to point that out?

:w00t:

Because they've been campaigning and targeting the suburbs in competitive states all around the country.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
18 minutes ago, Arbenol said:

All the news coverage I've seen of people voting shows long lines and a wait of several hours. Is that normal there?

I can only speak to my experience locally.  I normally have less than a 5 minute wait to vote.  It took an hour today and this little town I live in only has about 3K citizens.  Those lines stayed that way all day.  No... this is NOT a typical election.  IF Trump wins, the post-mortem for the Democrats will be all about their choice not to reign in the violent protests, riots and looting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
2 minutes ago, and then said:

Maybe, my friend, but I just heard that Biden's campaign is saying there are "multiple paths to 270" even WITHOUT FLORIDA AND PENNSYLVANIA.  Why would she feel the need to point that out?

:w00t:

You had better contact Donnie, I heard you have a hotline to the White House Bunker!:w00t:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
1 minute ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Because they've been campaigning and targeting the suburbs in competitive states all around the country.

Yeah... I'm sure that's it.  I mean, they couldn't be making excuses for losing those two states ;)   Florida is a "coin toss" according to his campaign.  PA saw Trump rallies in the 10s of thousands.  But I'm sure that's just anecdotal, I mean those kinds of rallies didn't help him in 2016, did they?  :rofl:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
9 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Come on act your age, your whining like a puppy that was step on. At this point nothing is for certain so yes I call your comments BS:st

What happens in the long run will happen no matter what, but get a longer handle if you continue to stir the pot or you may get your widle fingers burnt!!:P

Who's whining?  Someone is whining about me.  Maybe you don't know the meaning of the initials BS?  What you call BS I got from the BBS linked at the top of this thread :rolleyes:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
2 minutes ago, and then said:

I can only speak to my experience locally.  I normally have less than a 5 minute wait to vote.  It took an hour today and this little town I live in only has about 3K citizens.  Those lines stayed that way all day.  No... this is NOT a typical election.  IF Trump wins, the post-mortem for the Democrats will be all about their choice not to reign in the violent protests, riots and looting.

I bet your town will be safe though, have you cleaned and loaded your gun yet!!:rolleyes:

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
14 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

In areas with large populations of minorities, yeah. Republicans have been making it as difficult to vote as possible for minorities for the past decade. They've been closing hundreds, maybe as much as thousands of polling stations all around the country, disproportionately affecting minority voters.

Republicans have been making it difficult for minorities :w00t:

200px-Villainc.svg.png

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.