Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

2020 US election

ExpandMyMind

Since there doesn't appear to be a thread dedicated to election night, I figured I'd start one.

You can follow it here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election/us2020/results

But if anyone wants to post links to other sources then feel free.

• Like 5

With the largest voter turnout in 100+ years expected, this one should be interesting.

The main difference between the two parties going into the election is that one side is encouraging as many people to vote as possible, while the other is doing everything to suppress as many legitimate votes as possible.

In other words, one side is advocating democracy while the other is stifling it. It should come as no surprise to anyone with proper reading comprehension on which side of that fence the Republican party is sitting. They already tried to throw out hundreds of thousands of legal votes in Harris county, only to be rejected by the conservative courts.

Their internal polling has them desperate.

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Since there doesn't appear to be a thread dedicated to election night, I figured I'd start one.

You can follow it here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election/us2020/results

But if anyone wants to post links to other sources then feel free.

:w00t:  So far one state on your map has reported.  New Hampshire, bidens home state with trump at over 65% of the vote :w00t:  

Oh if that happened in other states a I can just imagine the meltdown.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, thedutchiedutch said:

It's liberation day in the US :tsu:

Let's hope so :gun:

Putting my prediction down once again. Ohio and Florida Trump. Michigan and Pennsylvania Biden.

• Like 3

Its so nice to see the same trump worshippers running right to their go to of the insult and guns so early in a thread.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, OverSword said:

:w00t:  So far one state on your map has reported.  New Hampshire, bidens home state with trump at over 65% of the vote :w00t:  

Oh if that happened in other states a I can just imagine the meltdown.  

Now tell the rest of story, that 61.5% of the vote is based upon 16 votes for trump and only 10 for Biden so oh my god your right!!:w00t::P

Thanks for the laugh:P

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/11/03/us/elections/results-new-hampshire.html

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Its so nice to see the same trump worshippers running right to their go to of the insult and guns so early in a thread.

Yes especially when their comments are BS, the voting report sited consists of 16 vote for trump and 10 votes for Biden.:P 

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/11/03/us/elections/results-new-hampshire.html

• Like 1

All the news coverage I've seen of people voting shows long lines and a wait of several hours. Is that normal there?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Yeah! :rolleyes:

Do you have to vote for him to worship or is it okay that I voted for not him?

Edited by OverSword
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Yes especially when their comments are BS, the voting report sited consists of 16 vote for trump and 10 votes for Biden.:P 

It's not BS, it was the only thing on the map at the time.  Your tears are very salty.  And now biden barely ahead in Kentucky and trump leading big in Indiana.  Say BS.  

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Arbenol said:

All the news coverage I've seen of people voting shows long lines and a wait of several hours. Is that normal there?

Depends on location

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Arbenol said:

In areas with large populations of minorities, yeah. Republicans have been making it as difficult to vote as possible for minorities for the past decade. They've been closing hundreds, maybe as much as thousands of polling stations all around the country, disproportionately affecting minority voters.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, OverSword said:

It's not BS, it was the only thing on the map at the time.  Your tears are very salty.  And now biden barely ahead in Kentucky and trump leading big in Indiana.  Say BS.  

Come on act your age, your whining like a puppy that was step on. At this point nothing is for certain so yes I call your comments BS:st

What happens in the long run will happen no matter what, but get a longer handle if you continue to stir the pot or you may get your widle fingers burnt!!:P

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Arbenol said:

It is always normal in some areas, not in others.  The area my daughter lives in, the lines are abnormally long, because they still call mail in voting absentee voting which requires a reason to vote by mail.  In NM we have had early voting and no-excuse mail in voting for years so there are rarely long lines.  The. news said that Saturday there were long lines for early voting.  It was the last day to do early voting. 

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Arbenol said:

Yes, but this year seems to be worst because of the social distancing and other facts. But it also is different from state to state, some cities in states have more polling centers than others.

46 minutes ago, thedutchiedutch said:

It's liberation day in the US :tsu:

Maybe, my friend, but I just heard that Biden's campaign is saying there are "multiple paths to 270" even WITHOUT FLORIDA AND PENNSYLVANIA.  Why would she feel the need to point that out?

:w00t:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, and then said:

Maybe, my friend, but I just heard that Biden's campaign is saying there are "multiple paths to 270" even WITHOUT FLORIDA AND PENNSYLVANIA.  Why would she feel the need to point that out?

Because they've been campaigning and targeting the suburbs in competitive states all around the country.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Arbenol said:

I can only speak to my experience locally.  I normally have less than a 5 minute wait to vote.  It took an hour today and this little town I live in only has about 3K citizens.  Those lines stayed that way all day.  No... this is NOT a typical election.  IF Trump wins, the post-mortem for the Democrats will be all about their choice not to reign in the violent protests, riots and looting.

2 minutes ago, and then said:

You had better contact Donnie, I heard you have a hotline to the White House Bunker!:w00t:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Because they've been campaigning and targeting the suburbs in competitive states all around the country.

Yeah... I'm sure that's it.  I mean, they couldn't be making excuses for losing those two states ;)   Florida is a "coin toss" according to his campaign.  PA saw Trump rallies in the 10s of thousands.  But I'm sure that's just anecdotal, I mean those kinds of rallies didn't help him in 2016, did they?  :rofl:

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Come on act your age, your whining like a puppy that was step on. At this point nothing is for certain so yes I call your comments BS:st

What happens in the long run will happen no matter what, but get a longer handle if you continue to stir the pot or you may get your widle fingers burnt!!:P

Who's whining?  Someone is whining about me.  Maybe you don't know the meaning of the initials BS?  What you call BS I got from the BBS linked at the top of this thread :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, and then said:

I can only speak to my experience locally.  I normally have less than a 5 minute wait to vote.  It took an hour today and this little town I live in only has about 3K citizens.  Those lines stayed that way all day.  No... this is NOT a typical election.  IF Trump wins, the post-mortem for the Democrats will be all about their choice not to reign in the violent protests, riots and looting.

I bet your town will be safe though, have you cleaned and loaded your gun yet!!:rolleyes:

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

In areas with large populations of minorities, yeah. Republicans have been making it as difficult to vote as possible for minorities for the past decade. They've been closing hundreds, maybe as much as thousands of polling stations all around the country, disproportionately affecting minority voters.

Republicans have been making it difficult for minorities :w00t:

200px-Villainc.svg.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• The topic was locked