Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

2020 US election

ExpandMyMind

With the way the election is going this very well might be a sweep for Trump.  North Carolina is going to be close but if Biden loses Michigan it wont matter.

3 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

The main difference between the two parties going into the election is that one side is encouraging as many people to vote as possible, while the other is doing everything to suppress as many legitimate votes as possible.

In other words, one side is advocating democracy while the other is stifling it.

Like what? Asking people to prove who they are before voting?

2 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

In areas with large populations of minorities, yeah. Republicans have been making it as difficult to vote as possible for minorities for the past decade.

Yes, in states that are Democrat controlled. Where voting is state controlled. And where Obama was in charge for the majority of the decade. 

They've been closing hundreds, maybe as much as thousands of polling stations all around the country, disproportionately affecting minority voters.

I'll look into it. I've heard of some examples, but not hundreds or thousands.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

With the way the election is going this very well might be a sweep for Trump.  North Carolina is going to be close but if Biden loses Michigan it wont matter.

It would absolutely be a travesty for America. I know the Trumpists can't see it but your people will be paying the price for generations.

11% of the current Michigan vote in Michigan is early vote, with it projected to go up to 55%. Likely explains the weird numbers. Virginia has similar numbers.

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 1

Just now, DieChecker said:

I'll look into it. I've heard of some examples, but not hundreds or thousands.

He gets his American history lessons from Vox.com. There's probably more context to whatever he's saying.

• Like 1

Virginia is fascinating, its projected Biden will win Virginia but with about 50% of the vote in Trump is up about 8% to 9%.  I doubt Virginia will flip but if it does the election is over.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

Yep, the Dems need to be further ahead at this time but its only 89 to 72.

1 minute ago, ExpandMyMind said:

It would absolutely be a travesty for America. I know the Trumpists can't see it but your people will be paying the price for generations.

I just disagree completely.

Ultimately people put too much stock into presidential elections.  The reality is regardless of who is president America is a massive juggernaut of a country with a political structure that opposes rapid change so the president only has minor ability to change the course of the nation in general.  If Hiliary would of won in 2016 or Biden in 2020 stuff would still be 98% the same if not completely the same.  

Local elections are actually far more important followed by federal legislature elections.

I think the nation will be fine regardless and stuff will continue on for better or worse no matter the result.  But there is the benefit that every 4 years America does get a chance to reset if stuff goes too poorly.

• Like 1

We also got to keep an eye on the Senate comp.

• Thanks 1

Also Maine is being rather odd.  Only 10% of the vote in but Trump is up 10%.

Given the massive outspending Democrats did over Republicans and the fact Democrats will almost certainly lose the presidency and not gain the senate there will be some problems the Democrats will have to work out.

• Confused 1

Dems are expected to do well early on from cities, before the blue wave hits from out county.

Dems are doing bad on 89 to 72, and already look to be struggling in the key states.

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

Fox news now has the odds of Trump winning reelection at about 60%.

Between that and another air tight unbiased source im thinking trump will win by slight landslide,

• Like 1

I'm blown away by the fact Trump might actually won this...

I'm literally never trusting any poll again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

Ultimately people put too much stock into presidential elections.  The reality is regardless of who is president America is a massive juggernaut of a country with a political structure that opposes rapid change so the president only has minor ability to change the course of the nation in general.  If Hiliary would of won in 2016 or Biden in 2020 stuff would still be 98% the same if not completely the same.  

Local elections are actually far more important followed by federal legislature elections.

I think the nation will be fine regardless and stuff will continue on for better or worse no matter the result.  But there is the benefit that every 4 years America does get a chance to reset if stuff goes too poorly.

And for any dolt who does grasp wht i dont care who wins read the above until it sinks in.

I do admit i find the scenery hilarious.

2 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

That's the point though, isn't it? Regardless of the insane damage Trump can and has done with his increasingly authoritarian and outright terrible leadership, also allowing the Senate to continue to pack the lower courts will devastate your country. It largely already has, with McConnell effectively grinding the Senate to a halt to pack the courts for 4 years solid. Another 4 years of that and your country will honestly not be far off the Handmaids Tale in a couple of decades. The damage being done will be irreversible for at least a couple of generations.

That people somehow think that appointing unqualified, right wing extremists - not simply conservatives, but actual nutjobs - to your courts is a good thing is astounding to me regardless of your political leanings.

If people don't come out to vote against Trump then the Senate has no chance. And don't act like this is normal. Nothing McConnell has done in the past decade is normal. He's eroded your entire political process to an extreme degree. Jesus, you guys just ignored working on a desperately needed stimulus to appoint an incredibly unqualified right-wing space cadet to the highest court in your land. I'm genuinely fascinated that people can't see how absolutely messed up this continued behaviour is. 

1 minute ago, spartan max2 said:

I'm blown away by the fact Trump might actually won this...

I'm literally never trusting any poll again.

Looks like Trump has Ohio, Pennsylvainia and Texas too lol

Yep, the polls arent unbiased.

Edited by Cookie Monster

2 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Between that and another air tight unbiased source im thinking trump will win by slight landslide,

Trump has pulled ahead in Ohio and more importantly in Pennsylvania despite only 25% of the vote being counted in Pennsylvania.  Since mail in votes were being counted first in Pennsylvania then that is a massively bad sign for the Democrats as they were supposed to be heavily favor Biden.  North Carolina very well will probably turn red within an hour or two. 

Trump is almost certainly winning everything he won in 2016 except for maybe Arizona but since everything else has been wrong so far there is a good chance Trump will win that too.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

That's the point though, isn't it? Regardless of the insane damage Trump can and has done with his increasingly authoritarian and outright terrible leadership, also allowing the Senate to continue to pack the lower courts will devastate your country. It largely already has, with McConnell effectively grinding the Senate to a halt to pack the courts for 4 years solid. Another 4 years of that and your country will honestly not be far off the Handmaids Tale in a couple of decades. The damage being done will be irreversible for at least a couple of generations.

That people somehow think that appointing unqualified, right wing extremists - not simply conservatives, but actual nutjobs - to your courts is a good thing is astounding to me regardless of your political leanings.

If people don't come out to vote against Trump then the Senate has no chance. And don't act like this is normal. Nothing McConnell has done in the past decade is normal. He's eroded your entire political process to an extreme degree. Jesus, you guys just ignored working on a desperately needed stimulus to appoint an incredibly unqualified right-wing space cadet to the highest court in your land. I'm genuinely fascinated that people can't see how absolutely messed up this continued behaviour is. 

I believe you have grossly overestimated the common sense of the American voter.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Davros of Skaro said:

They will just move him in to the Whitehouse basement, and use him reminiscent of ST TOS  Patterns of Force episode.

drugged_gill.jpg

Hail Trump!

Child island man is Bill Clinton's buddy.

You too. :P

yoda-trump-stupid-566a98943df78ce161537326.jpg.6dccd0d4823e3f834765ab5edf0c0c22.jpg

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

BLM have already started rioting LMAO

Youre kidding right? I heard a scalding radio ad today from them, it didnt say who to vote for it just said vote and dont vote trump, it was actually weird.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Youre kidding right? I heard a scalding radio ad today from them, it didnt say who to vote for it just said vote and dont vote trump, it was actually weird.

Nope, UK news already reporting 2 riots going on.

BLM is gathering outside the White House too.

Edited by Cookie Monster
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Nope, UK news already reporting 2 riots going on.

BLM is gathering outside the White House too.

Is it something you can link, i cant find it

• The topic was locked