Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Corona, mutated in mink, antibodies resistant

zep73

A mutation of the Coronavirus, found in mink in northern Denmark, has proven resistant to most antibodies, thereby rendering current pending vaccines* more or less useless, should it spread to the world.
The mutated strain has already spread to 12 persons.
Local authorities take the threat extremely serious, and have initiated a complete culling of all mink in Denmark. Local health authorities suspect that this is probably not just a Danish phenomenon, but is very likely to occur in many other countries, yet undetected.

Some have suggested this mutation might end up being named CoVid-20.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-denmark-mink/denmark-to-cull-entire-herd-of-mink-after-coronavirus-mutation-spread-to-humans-idUSKBN27K1X6

* Note: New vaccines will have to be developed, to beat this new strain, which will take time. We will not be helpless against it!

Edited by zep73
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 5

Hurrah! Just when you thought it couldn't get worst, it's like this virus is a damn cockroach, it just won't stay down. This is certainly the worst year.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, zep73 said:

A mutation of the Coronavirus, found in mink in northern Denmark, has proven resistant to most antibodies, thereby rendering current pending vaccines* more or less useless, should it spread to the world.
The mutated strain has already spread to 12 persons.
Local authorities take the threat extremely serious, and have initiated a complete culling of all mink in Denmark. Local health authorities suspect that this is probably not just a Danish phenomenon, but is very likely to occur in many other countries, yet undetected.

Some have suggested this mutation might end up being named CoVid-20.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-denmark-mink/denmark-to-cull-entire-herd-of-mink-after-coronavirus-mutation-spread-to-humans-idUSKBN27K1X6

* Note: New vaccines will have to be developed, to beat this new strain, which will take time. We will not be helpless against it!

Poor mink... raised in horrible conditions for their pelt, slaughtered because of Covid19...  What a nice life they got !

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Jon the frog said:

Poor mink... raised in horrible conditions for their pelt, slaughtered because of Covid19...  What a nice life they got !

The industry sees this total culling as a death blow. If so, the misery is over for good.

• Like 4

It doesn't surprise me,you have to stay away from my working ferrets if you have the flu as they pick up a lot of things off humans.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, openozy said:

It doesn't surprise me,you have to stay away from my working ferrets if you have the flu as they pick up a lot of things off humans.

What are you doing with ferrets ? Pest control ?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jon the frog said:

What are you doing with ferrets ? Pest control ?

Yes,I get calls from property owners and a lot of keen gardeners in country towns,sometimes there are only a couple of rabbits wrecking the gardens or sometimes it's an ongoing job on big properties.It is a green/humane method compared to poisons and traps which kill a lot of non target native animals and birds.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, openozy said:

Yes,I get calls from property owners and a lot of keen gardeners in country towns,sometimes there are only a couple of rabbits wrecking the gardens or sometimes it's an ongoing job on big properties.It is a green/humane method compared to poisons and traps which kill a lot of non target native animals and birds.

That's so cool ! Nice to use their skills like that !

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Jon the frog said:

That's so cool ! Nice to use their skills like that !

They really are pets and hunting companions for me.You see people with pet ferrets trying to get rid of them as they bite,puting adds "suit hunting as they are savage and bitey".The last thing you want in a ferret for hunting and  have got "savage" ferrets off people that when handled properly end up great little animals.They work together with my whippet dogs to catch rabbits.It's great to see two different predatory animals getting on together to ply their trade.

• Like 3

Ive had a few "pet" ferrets all used car boxes, and a couple had run of the place great animals

I heard that today in K-mystery Forum. Well, Nostradamus said, second pandemic will begin.

I think first season of Corona is sample test.

4 hours ago, Great Old Man said:

I heard that today in K-mystery Forum. Well, Nostradamus said, second pandemic will begin.

I think first season of Corona is sample test.

The affected area has been put under quarantine.

• Like 2

Excellent tutorial .....

Some thoughts that come to my mind:

1) This new variant may render the new vaccines, some of which are built upon the coronal spikes, and possibly prior infection immunity, as useless.

I think that's going to depend on how much the proteins associated with the coronal spikes, have changed by the new mink strain, which has reportedly jumped back into human beings.

2) As far as acquired immunity, as I understand it, the immune system generally reacts to the most exterior portion of the virus. In this case, that would be the coronal spikes.

So if the spike protein has changed enough in the new mink-to-human strain, then we could have a serious problem. I say “could” because perhaps the new strain will be less transmissible or have some other less effective means of harming human beings.

3) This is likely what happened in the Chinese wet market, where you have species confined together, which don't normally go together in a confined environment. The truth is, Mother Nature  is an effective means of producing a killer virus.

Normally, human beings and vast numbers of mink, would not live this close together.

Why, larger numbers of the more effective N95 masks, are not currently available to the public for a cheap price, is insane.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

What is this alarmist nonsense?

Zero reported deaths from some new virus.

Response: kill 17 million mink, hint that a vaccine won't work (no vaccine will be produced that works any time soon), ban travel.

This spreading of viruses is a natural proces that has been going on since the beginning.

Ifs, buts, maybes on what might happen.

Give me strength.

1 hour ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

What is this alarmist nonsense?

Zero reported deaths from some new virus.

Response: kill 17 million mink, hint that a vaccine won't work (no vaccine will be produced that works any time soon), ban travel.

This spreading of viruses is a natural proces that has been going on since the beginning.

Ifs, buts, maybes on what might happen.

Give me strength.

Over 1 million human beings on earth have already died from this virus, and you take it with a grain of salt?

Over 1 million Americans will likely die, and hundreds of thousands more will be crippled and disabled.

This is nothing to be taken lightly. In fact, it is just that type of arrogance that will lead to more deaths.

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Raptor Witness said:

Over 1 million human beings on earth have already died from this virus, and you take it with a grain of salt?

Over 1 million Americans will likely die, and hundreds of thousands more will be crippled and disabled.

This is nothing to be taken lightly. In fact, it is just that type of arrogance that will lead to more deaths.

We find a new virus with zero deaths and the response is what? Lockdown the whole country. 

Alarmist is accurate.

3 hours ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

We find a new virus with zero deaths and the response is what? Lockdown the whole country. 

Alarmist is accurate.

Actually, if I had been President, the first thing I would’ve done is gotten N 95 masks into the hands of everybody, and made them a fashion symbol.

“Stupid is as stupid,” dies.

2 minutes ago, Raptor Witness said:

Actually, if I had been President, the first thing I would’ve done is gotten N 95 masks into the hands of everybody, and made them a fashion symbol.

“Stupid is as stupid,” dies.

Just to confirm, this is discussion about a new virus now developing from covid in Denmark that is showing zero signs of deaths.

I have no idea what you are talking about in a past tense. You talking about what you'd have done with COVID-19? 

33 minutes ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

Just to confirm, this is discussion about a new virus now developing from covid in Denmark that is showing zero signs of deaths.

I have no idea what you are talking about in a past tense. You talking about what you'd have done with COVID-19? 

I’m just saying there are ways of doing things without locking down the entire country.

4 minutes ago, Raptor Witness said:

I’m just saying there are ways of doing things without locking down the entire country.

I agree.

Covid stats in particular point to the pandemic being over in most countries. Covid is still here and we need to learn to live with it a while but not lockdown.

21 hours ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

The case number is to low - 12 only - to know how dangerous it really is to humans. Or you think it would be better to let it spread wide, just to check how lethal it is?

Not acting, against a mutation of a lethal virus, thoroughly, would be irresponsible, when that virus can resist antibodies.

1 hour ago, zep73 said:

The case number is to low - 12 only - to know how dangerous it really is to humans. Or you think it would be better to let it spread wide, just to check how lethal it is?

Not acting, against a mutation of a lethal virus, thoroughly, would be irresponsible, when that virus can resist antibodies.

I just want to check what you're suggesting.

So you're saying that every time a new viral mutation is discovered we should have a lockdown? 

Just want to make sure I've understood what you're suggesting.

2 minutes ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

I just want to check what you're suggesting.

So you're saying that every time a new viral mutation is discovered we should have a lockdown? 

Just want to make sure I've understood what you're suggesting.

Every time a mutation is resistant to antibodies and vaccines, yes.