Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man cooks chicken in Yellowstone hot spring

Still Waters

An Idaho man has been banned from visiting Yellowstone National Park for the next two years after rangers caught him cooking a chicken in the site's famed thermal springs. According to a local media report, the ill-advised culinary misadventure occurred in early August when authorities at the park were tipped off that a group of individuals had been seen headed toward the hot springs wielding cooking pots. Upon arriving to investigate the report, a park ranger discovered a rather unorthodox cookout underway.

https://www.coasttocoastam.com/article/yellowstone-visitor-caught-cooking-chicken-in-thermal-spring/

https://kezj.com/idaho-man-busted-cooking-chickens-in-yellowstone-hot-spring/

• Haha 4

13 hours ago, Still Waters said:

An Idaho man has been banned from visiting Yellowstone National Park for the next two years after rangers caught him cooking a chicken in the site's famed thermal springs. According to a local media report, the ill-advised culinary misadventure occurred in early August when authorities at the park were tipped off that a group of individuals had been seen headed toward the hot springs wielding cooking pots. Upon arriving to investigate the report, a park ranger discovered a rather unorthodox cookout underway.

https://www.coasttocoastam.com/article/yellowstone-visitor-caught-cooking-chicken-in-thermal-spring/

https://kezj.com/idaho-man-busted-cooking-chickens-in-yellowstone-hot-spring/

That makes me sick just thinking about it! I have been there a few times and most if not all are sulfur springs, that smell like rotten eggs!! It is hard for me to beleive anything cooked in them would taste good, if fact with all the minerals in those springs it may make the chicken poisonous!

JIMO

27 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

That makes me sick just thinking about it! I have been there a few times and most if not all are sulfur springs, that smell like rotten eggs!! It is hard for me to beleive anything cooked in them would taste good, if fact with all the minerals in those springs it may make the chicken poisonous!

JIMO

In New Zealand Maori have history of cooking in thermal springs - particularly in the central North Island. It doesn't seem to have had too much of a bad effect. Mind you, I'm not sure I'd enjoy my dinner with a hint of bad eggs.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Arbenol said:

In New Zealand Maori have history of cooking in thermal springs - particularly in the central North Island. It doesn't seem to have had too much of a bad effect. Mind you, I'm not sure I'd enjoy my dinner with a hint of bad eggs.

Well it possible the mineral content may be different there, but if not like you that rotten egg taste / smell would make me sick. Now mind you, I have lived all over the world and I have eaten some strange foods, some were even raw and still moving. But, for some reason rotten eggs and farts that smell like them I just can't abide by!!:wacko::D

• Haha 1

If they had pots it is a possibility they had their own water and only used the heat from the spring to cook the chicken. A $1200 dollar fine seems a little steep for such a petty thing. I know they broke the parks rules, but would not a ban from the park been good enough. I have no idea if what they was doing would damage the park, but if so, I would want to know how before that size of fine would be justified IMHO. Before someone goes lefty on me, I am not saying it is not justified, just that I question it.

On 11/7/2020 at 9:38 AM, Manwon Lender said:

JIMO

egg is ok , you need something that has protection layers