Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Similarities between Orphic Egg and Shivaling

Ajay0

Studying the Orphic Egg of the ancient Greek Orphic tradition recently, I was pleasantly surprised by its similarities to the Shivalingam in Hinduism.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orphic_Egg

The Orphic Egg is considered the Father or creator of all the Greek gods.

The Shivalingam in Hinduism is also considered the cosmic egg from which sprang forth everything in the material universe, including the gods, at the time of creation, and they will all return back to the Shivalingam at the time of cosmic dissolution.

The Prajapita Brahmakumaris consider the Shivalingam as representing God Shiva as an incorporeal point of light, and the Father of all the other gods and sentient beings, and the same as Jehovah, Ahura Mazda, Allah, Waheguru in the other monotheistic religions.

Like the Orphic Egg, the Shivalingam is often depicted with a serpent wound about it.

It is possible that there is a common link and origin to these traditions.

• Like 1

Possibly.  But, would it be fair to say that in our modern world no one really believes in the old gods anymore?

• 3 months later...
On 11/7/2020 at 2:56 AM, Ajay0 said:

I believe there is. I have studied this in great depth as it pertains to the Christian Bible.

I will add to this discussion by posting what I believe to be the Orphic Egg in the Book of Genesis...

Genesis 2:9
"And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil."

To most Christians, the Forbidden Fruit is a great mystery. This is because the Truth is hidden from them. Reincarnation is a prime example of this.

The Forbidden Fruit was non other than the World Egg.

Here is a quick summary of what I have discovered:
  • The Garden of Eden was a 'Pre-Universe' type of reality (non physical)
  • Before the Forbidden Fruit was eaten of, the Universe as we know it now had not been created yet
  • The Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil was Feminine
  • More specifically, the Tree represented the Earth Mother (Gaia/Mystery Babylon)
  • The Forbidden Fruit was an Ovum (Seed of the Woman)
  • It was fertilized by the Seed of the Serpent (Satan)
  • The Seed of the Serpent combined with the Seed of the Woman to produce a Zygote (World Egg)
The only thing left was for an unsuspecting Spirit/Soul to partake of said Egg in order to incarnate (Conception). Not just incarnate into a new body however, but a new Universe as well.

By partaking of the Forbidden Fruit, Adam and Eve birthed our Universe. As a tragic result, they died in the process, just as they were warned...

Genesis 2:17
"But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die."

Christians hide this fact by saying that they 'died spiritually' in order to cover up that fact that God had to REINCARNATE them into the bodies we have now and into this physical existence.

The Seed of the Serpent is in all DNA of every life form on the planet. In fact, the Seed of the Serpent is what we call Sperm, produced by all Males.

As a side note, the Lake of Fire is simply a Portal into the past. It is the entrance into the Orphic Egg where the Head meets the Tail of the Ouroboros Time Loop.

Those thrown into the Lake of Fire are Reincarnated. This is another fact the Church hides from the public.

5 minutes ago, Base12 said:

Here is a quick summary of what I have discovered:

What exactly do you mean when you said you discovered these things?

4 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

What exactly do you mean when you said you discovered these things?

In other words, I was not 'taught' any of this by a Church, Website, Video, etc.

I had to do my own research and put all of the evidence together myself.

What you have read is found nowhere online (that I know of). It is original research.

I made a video if anyone is interested...

2 hours ago, Base12 said:

had to do my own research and put all of the evidence together myself.

What you have read is found nowhere online (that I know of). It is original research.

Okay.  I don't believe the internet holds all knowledge.  How did you research, religeous library collections or other sources?.

On 11/7/2020 at 9:56 AM, Ajay0 said:

Studying the Orphic Egg of the ancient Greek Orphic tradition recently, I was pleasantly surprised by its similarities to the Shivalingam in Hinduism.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orphic_Egg

The Orphic Egg is considered the Father or creator of all the Greek gods.

The Shivalingam in Hinduism is also considered the cosmic egg from which sprang forth everything in the material universe, including the gods, at the time of creation, and they will all return back to the Shivalingam at the time of cosmic dissolution.

The Prajapita Brahmakumaris consider the Shivalingam as representing God Shiva as an incorporeal point of light, and the Father of all the other gods and sentient beings, and the same as Jehovah, Ahura Mazda, Allah, Waheguru in the other monotheistic religions.

Like the Orphic Egg, the Shivalingam is often depicted with a serpent wound about it.

I am no expert, and am only starting my research in to these ideas, but, The Vedic, Dharmic, and pre-Christian European beliefs all held Natural Law as Divine.

Different names and customs, but I believe that an ancient Hindu priest would have recognised an ancient Greek priest, and an ancient druid too, as all having the same fundamental beliefs etc..