Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Rendlesham UFO - a nuclear connection ?

UM-Bot

bloody rendlesham again zzzzzz...no, IMO the rendlesham ufo incident was a made up story in order to gain fame & cash, & it worked perfectly 

Edited by Dejarma
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Dejarma said:

bloody rendlesham again zzzzzz...no, IMO the rendlesham ufo incident was a made up story in order to gain fame & cash, & it worked perfectly 

What money?  I doubt any of the eyewitnesses made anything.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DreadLordAvatar said:

What money?  I doubt any of the eyewitnesses made anything.

A cursory glance at Amazon books would reveal their paid contributions to others books as well as their own. Added would be the money they get for speaking appearances as well as the many TV shows that features them.

If the UFO was after Nuclear Weapons, why did it content itself with hiding in the forest ?

• Like 1

I believe ren had mundain esoteric stimulus but then all the BS and embellishment followed like the one cat 30 years later claimed the alleged ufo telepathically gave him binary code, of no value but well bats you are just too cynical.

All,

I'm always rather curious when the nuclear weapons storage facilities are mentioned in connection to the 1980 incident. It's just assumed that the USAF did indeed store nuclear stores there at that time. The 81st TFW had lost it's nuclear role when equipped with the A-10, a type that at the time was a dedicated close air support type that has never had a nuclear capability. The nuclear storage facilities existed but were a relic of when the wing did have nuclear delivery as it's primary role, which was when it was equipped with the F-101 during the late 50's, early 60's. That role may have continued with the F-4, which was certainly nuclear capable, although I don't know if the 81st was qualified in that role. It certainly was discontinued with the A-10s arrival in the late 70's. In the event of a conventional war in Europe, the plan was too move the A-10s to Germany as several Luftwaffe bases were designated as their wartime operating locations and a small detachment of A-10s were forward based constantly. 

Despite being local and knowing several members of the Bentwaters Cold War museum, with whom I have toured the weapons storage area, obviously nobody knows the exact status of the facility in December 1980, so it's quite possible, even likely that just conventional weapons were stored there at the time. The many books and TV documentaries assume that nuclear weapons were stored there still in December 1980.

Gary (Suffolk, England)

Edited by gary1701
  • Like 1