Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Life changes due to Biden's election.

aztek

Will your life change, now that biden is the potus?  if so what change would that be? 

mine wont change in any way, thou i do like to look for positive things,  i'm hoping they will legalize weed federally,  banks will not be afraid to  deal with weed growers,  more weed businesses will open, and i'll buy their shares at IPO,  i'm pretty sure that industry has lot of potential under democrats to explode in a good way. 

• Like 1

Got no idea yet, might have a better idea on that in a year or few :tu:

But if the last few times a new president has come up is any indication... there probably won't be a lot of direct impact on my life in a personal way. And in broader ways, my life will quite possibly be impacted- every new president seems to bring new and different things that do have impacts in ways. 

I kind of hope as a life change is I see less rabid and vitriolic polarization in folks. It would be kind of nice to see folks settle down a smidge and talk about stuff instead of freak at each other about stuff for a while. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, rashore said:

Got no idea yet, might have a better idea on that in a year or few :tu:

But if the last few times a new president has come up is any indication... there probably won't be a lot of direct impact on my life in a personal way. And in broader ways, my life will quite possibly be impacted- every new president seems to bring new and different things that do have impacts in ways. 

I kind of hope as a life change is I see less rabid and vitriolic polarization in folks. It would be kind of nice to see folks settle down a smidge and talk about stuff instead of freak at each other about stuff for a while. 

Political Cartoons by Lisa Benson

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

^^^ good point, dems are in a hard place now,  ultra left is taking over the party,  it will be interesting to see what happens.  but that is for a different topic that no doubt will be created pretty soon.

as far as people unite, not a chance in hell, no way tds crowd will ever look  at conservatives same way as before the illness, , and vise versa,  i'm pretty sure it will only get worse, 

Edited by aztek
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, aztek said:

^^^ good point, dems are in a hard place now,  ultra left is taking over the party,  it will be interesting to see what happens.  but that is for a different topic that no doubt will be created pretty soon.

as far as people unite, not a chance in hell, no way tds crowd will ever look  at conservatives same way as before the illness, , and vise versa,  i'm pretty sure it will only get worse, 

It's going to be many years before the Repubs, and Trump diehards will be trusted again. The Republican party is imploding right now with most of them saying accept  the election, and move on. The bad part for them, is they know there was no wide spread cheating going on, except for their own party. Trump is dragging them down further with his rabid lies and innuendos, and bringing to light more of his dirty dealings at the same time . The more noise he makes, the more the majority will tire of his spoiled tantrums, and cast much more shade on your party.  It's leaving a bad taste in the general publics mouths.

It's definitely had an effect on Canada. Those that were emboldened by his rhetoric have gone mostly silent now. More people are wearing masks, and less prone to digging in their heels. More civilized. I think they've realised they've  made fools of themselves in Canadian eyes, and have crawled back into their holes.

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

The Trump era will be a distant memory when Kamala completes her second term in office.

Looking back at 2020.

harris1.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

lol, now that's funny, but humor is  a good thing, one thing is for sure TDS isn't going anywhere

Edited by aztek
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Our Brit friends may get an easier trade deal from Biden than they would have from Trump.

Trump said they would be front and center under new trade deals. This is Biden's response...

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/nov/10/biden-no-deal-brexit-cant-happen-boris-johnson

https://www.politico.eu/article/joe-biden-victory-brexit/

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu/biden-warns-uk-on-brexit-no-trade-deal-unless-you-respect-northern-irish-peace-pact-idUSKBN2680R8

https://www.dw.com/en/what-impact-will-joe-biden-have-on-us-uk-trade/a-55558962

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 5

My life has never really been effected by who was potus until trump which was also the first time i paid much attention to politics and that all was dumped on my plate due to trumps incompatance which wasnt an effect on me until his disastrous response to covid.

I saw his hate and division of people and country even in this threads replies its not subtle, easy to see who wants the country to come together and heal and who wants to keep fanning hate and division, and add to it those people are devastatedly angry trump lost. No tds needed unless its " trumps derangment syndrome" because he lost.

I didnt care who won and now i want to move past trumps exit games and just get this over so that healing of the country, the part that wants to heal that is can start.

Sadly some will never move past their angry and hate made worse by trump losing but they are thankfully as reflected on here a little minority, we will see the country come together and prosper, and that will drown out the few noisy negativists spewing hate, gloom and lashing out.

So perhaps my life will be effected again by a potus, biden will repair the damage trump caused, it will take time, wont be easy but already the "aire" seems cleaner smelling.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Michelle said:

There is a difference between selling popcorn and lemonade on the street corner and having a manufacturing business.

Thats correct, seems you are catching on, slowly but getting there,  yes, those are different types of businesses, as is butcher, baker and candlestick maker,

i was none of those, well actually, i did make candles and the night club had a popcorn machine, no lemonade though, we were on the cornor of an industrial warehouse complex, not really a street cornor,

Do you happen to even work or to be in business for yourself? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, aztek said:

Will your life change, now that biden is the potus?  if so what change would that be? 

mine wont change in any way, thou i do like to look for positive things,  i'm hoping they will legalize weed federally,  banks will not be afraid to  deal with weed growers,  more weed businesses will open, and i'll buy their shares at IPO,  i'm pretty sure that industry has lot of potential under democrats to explode in a good way. 

My sphincter unclenched for the first time in four years, so there's that. 

In all seriousness, my friends are less worried about losing healthcare and having their marriages annulled, or being hate-crimed by the proud boys and other trumpist neonazi groups, so...that's worth quite a bit to me.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Michelle said:

Trump said they would be front and center under new trade deals. This is Biden's response...

Maybe.  Biden is Irish he says.  Most people in Britain and Ireland want peace in Northern Ireland.  It may be a low bar to step over, maybe more show than substance.

Trump may not have cared about what is going on in Ireland, but since balance of trade was a signature issue for him, he would have driven a harder bargain and got at least some favorable visible concessions, but again, maybe more show than substance.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, the13bats said:

Do you happen to even work or to be in business for yourself? 

She does in fact 13.  She can tell you for sure, but I think she runs a welding and fabrication business.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, aztek said:

Normally like others have said, the average middle class to lower class American sees little change. But, in this case I believe every American will see a major change and very quickly, President Biden will make the Pandemic a National priority. Lets face it things are out of control, over the last 9 days the infection rate Nationally has been a 100,000 plus and increasing every day, today it hit a World record of 140,000 infections.. Along with this he will also implement a stimulus package, to help Americans who have lost their only means of employment, which President intentionally failed to do because he though he could politize it and use it to his advantage during the election.  in addition to this its very possible that a temporary Food Stamp program will be added to it, because many Americans who have never needed or qualified for the program before certainly need it now. The way things are these programs will pass both the House and the Senate, because lets face it, Americans know how the Republican Party has created this situation by allowing and supporting President Trumps vindictive polices where there are no longer just Americans, Trump has separated Americans into two categories his supporters and then everyone else the facts are obvious if you fall into that anyone else category you are not a priority. This will no longer be tolerated He pulled that crap in the beginning of the Pandemic also Democratic cities were not given priority status even if they had the worst death and infection rates Nationally so the Republican Party better learn to bow and scrape because that is the only chance many of them will have to possibly be reelected!!!!!! 

JIMO

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

She does in fact 13.  She can tell you for sure, but I think she runs a welding and fabrication business.

Coolness, great number,

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Michelle said:

Sky high taxes on small businesses is the most likely scenario. Obama/Biden almost drained us dry for a while.

just identify yourself as a woman of color, and ask for loans than claim it is racist to ask to pay it back, you can do it today.  there is a whole positive side to liberalism if you know how to exploit it.  and we absolutely should, we have a duty to do so, 

but on a serious note, yes we can expect taxes to go up, especially in states that residents left in droves. like nys,   but there is also a way around it, a good accountant who knows loopholes and ways to 'deduct air" legally.   just "expand" your business and claim loss on it. 

Edited by aztek
  • Like 2

I expect my income to go down.   Not much else will affect me too much.   I expect the country to be divided even more.  The parties cannot agree on anything and I see that continuing.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, aztek said:

At least you're admitting he won.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Myles said:

I expect my income to go down.   Not much else will affect me too much.   I expect the country to be divided even more.  The parties cannot agree on anything and I see that continuing.  

yep, tax hike is a guarantee,   nationwide,  especially if progressives "convince him" to back NGD

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

It's definitely had an effect on Canada. Those that were emboldened by his rhetoric have gone mostly silent now. More people are wearing masks, and less prone to digging in their heels. More civilized. I think they've realised they've  made fools of themselves in Canadian eyes, and have crawled back into their holes.

I work in retail.  I have to say nay to this.  We have so many people still refusing to wear masks and stay 6 feet apart.  Stating that not wearing a mask is their right!  No caring about the next person.  I get laughed and sneered at when I wear a mask even within my building where I live. So much selfishness. You must live in a better community than I do.

• Sad 2

We will all be affected by a return to $4 gas and the reimplementation of business strangling regulations.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

^^^possible, but libs and dems do not like paying more for gas as much as  anyone else,

as far as regulations, yes, more licenses, more money,  when trump removed certain regulation, libs were throwing tantrums here, but they obviously clueless what he really removed,  there was a regulation that prohibits building anything several hundred feet close to a stream, sounds pretty good, on paper but in reality, a stream that dried up many decades years ago,  but  if it is still on city planers, or whatever they are called in your state, blueprints. you are not allowed to even put a shed next to it, even though water isn't flowing for decades.  anyone who developed a property knows how much paperwork, money time i takes. some regulations are fair, others are only there to justify the always  increasing army of lazy arrogant clercs and bureaucrats 

when i was buying my house upstate, a real estate agent showed me a great property, and i almost bought it, until my lawyer did a research and found there was a stream on it, not in reality,  but on plans in city hall,  i would not be able to build anything there due to that stream, i passed on the property, and i never dealt with that RE agent ever again, i have no doubts he knew about the dried up stream and regulations,  it would be next to impossible to remove it from your property plans,  in order to develop the land, 

Edited by aztek
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, aztek said:

No, I Will Not Be 'Reaching Out' To Trump Voters, Now Or Ever. Here's Why.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/reaching-out-to-trump-voters-unity-155002625.html

i have 0 doubts the other side feels the same way. 

• Like 2