Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Nurse charged with murder of eight babies

Still Waters

Posted (IP: Staff) ·

A nurse has been charged with eight counts of murder and 10 counts of attempted murder in connection with baby deaths at a hospital in Cheshire.

Lucy Letby, 30, is due to appear at Warrington Magistrates' Court on Thursday, a spokesman for Cheshire police said.

A statement from the force said Letby had been charged following an ongoing investigation into a number of baby deaths and non-fatal collapses on the neonatal unit at the Countess of Chester Hospital.

"Lucy Letby, of Arran Avenue, Hereford, is facing eight charges of murder and 10 charges of attempted murder. The charges relate to the period of June 2015 to June 2016.

https://news.sky.com/story/nurse-charged-with-murder-over-baby-deaths-at-cheshire-hospital-12130273

• Confused 1
  • Sad 8

• The title was changed to Nurse charged with murder of eight babies

OMG. Those poor families. This is just evil.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

This is really disturbing. :( How can somebody look like her and be a serial killer?

• Like 4

• 10 months later...

Lucy has been charged today: 

A nurse has pleaded not guilty to murdering eight babies and attempting to murder another 10.

Lucy Letby, 31, is accused of murdering five boys and three girls at the Countess of Chester Hospital between June 2015 and June 2016.

She is also accused of the attempted murder of five boys and five girls.

Ms Letby, of Arran Avenue in Hereford, repeated "not guilty" to all 18 charges as she appeared at Manchester Crown Court via video-link.

She is due to go on trial in October 2022.

Lucy Letby: Nurse denies murdering eight babies - BBC News

• Sad 4

It sadly seems like more and more sickos like this are coming out of the woodwork these days. I look forward to the justice system giving her what she deserves, although she deserves a lot worse than they can legally do.

• Like 3

I just can't understand why someone would do something like that. 

• Like 2

On 11/11/2020 at 9:21 PM, Katniss said:

This is really disturbing. :( How can somebody look like her and be a serial killer?

With crimes as heinous as THIS, I prefer to believe insanity is the cause.  For a trained professional to target babies, over and over, would take a level of evil that is unimaginable to me. :( 

• Like 2

Poor little innocent babies! How on earth can a human be that evil and cruel? I suspect that there is an underlying story here. Either she has lost one or more infants of her own, or found out she can't have babies. Maybe something happened to send her into a permanent state of evil. I don't know and don't want to, because nothing could excuse this vicious insanity.