Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Eerie 'tentacled' figure appears in doorway

UM-Bot

Very inconclusive, IMO. Sure, it's creepy at first glance. But it could be a person, a digital video glitch, or a clever fake. Clever meaning not too overly done/CGI-looking, etc.
If I saw that on my CC I'd freak out. Unless I knew it was me or I did the fakery, lol.

Having the camera facing where the figure appears to me suggest that its fake and it could be her all along. About the tentacles? I don't see any, maybe she Squidward's sister!

• Haha 1

I clearly see a face.
Considering this is a security camera, these devices are not well known for taking smooth video so it is more like taking a shot every few seconds rather than real-time recording.

As for the so-called 'tentacles' I suspect it is the straps of a bath robe or maybe a belt that someone was holding.

3 hours ago, MissJatti said:

Having the camera facing where the figure appears to me suggest that its fake and it could be her all along. 

I've read her story elsewhere. This is a baby monitor security camera. Seems believable.

• Haha 1

I have heard of this case elsewhere in my internet and cable TV wanderings. The mother comes across as sensible and intelligent and is not expecting any fame or fortune from this. But this is the first time I heard of the tentacles. Not terribly clear but adds a little more weight to the paranormal hypothesis here.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bendy Demon said:

As for the so-called 'tentacles' I suspect it is the straps of a bath robe or maybe a belt that someone was holding.

Too rigid to be a belt or robe fastening.

50 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I've read her story elsewhere. This is a baby monitor security camera. Seems believable.

I don't understand why the camera is pointed in that direction.

Are you saying it's a baby monitor used as a security camera?  If so..... don't they need to be viewed in real time, or do some record video?

49 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

It is probably her in a flowing night gown checking to see how the baby camera monitor would pick up activity in a low light situation. She checked the monitor and saw it looked creepy and decided to try and fool people. I'd like to see a picture of her standing where the entity was to compare height before jumping on the paranormal bandwagon.

Btw, who puts a baby monitor where the baby isn't?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, acute said:

I don't understand why the camera is pointed in that direction.

Are you saying it's a baby monitor used as a security camera?  If so..... don't they need to be viewed in real time, or do some record video?

I went back and searched the other forum. Here is all I found: Please help I don’t know what this is. It was in my baby’s room but when I went to check nobody was there

Maybe I overstepped when I said 'baby monitor' instead of simply just saying 'security camera'.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

It is probably her in a flowing night gown checking to see how the baby camera monitor would pick up activity in a low light situation. She checked the monitor and saw it looked creepy and decided to try and fool people. I'd like to see a picture of her standing where the entity was to compare height before jumping on the paranormal bandwagon.

I really think she would recognize herself and from her comments in another forum and I did not get the impression she was the type to play a trick. She seemed genuinely puzzled and scared.

18 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

Btw, who puts a baby monitor where the baby isn't?

As I just said above to Acute:

I went back and searched the other forum. Here is all I found: Please help I don’t know what this is. It was in my baby’s room but when I went to check nobody was there

Maybe I overstepped when I said 'baby monitor' instead of simply just saying 'security camera'.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, acute said:

Too rigid to be a belt or robe fastening.

Security cameras and baby monitors do not record in fluid, real-time. This is why so many recordings have jerky movements or show a person practically gliding across the floor simply because the camera isn't recording minute details so a waving robe tie or belt will look very stiff.

18 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

She seemed genuinely puzzled and scared.

Sadly a lot of people are simply ignorant of the basics of how things work plus pareidolia is a real thing too. People see things and neglect to keep in mind how to think logically and rationally.

There are explanations for everything and almost none of them involve ookie-spookies or aliens.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Bendy Demon said:

Sadly a lot of people are simply ignorant of the basics of how things work plus pareidolia is a real thing too. People see things and neglect to keep in mind how to think logically and rationally.

There are explanations for everything and almost none of them involve ookie-spookies or aliens.

Well Bendy, I would still give this a 50/50 paranormal chance on the Papameter. A head, perhaps tentacles and no physical body found adds up to a serious case.

20 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

I really think she would recognize herself and from her comments in another forum and I did not get the impression she was the type to play a trick. She seemed genuinely puzzled and scared.

I genuinely worry about how eager you are to believe people.  Having a level of sceptism is not a bad thing and does not make you and bad person.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, TashaMarie said:

I genuinely worry about how eager you are to believe people.  Having a level of sceptism is not a bad thing and does not make you and bad person.

I think I am calibrated about right in thinking most people are honest about this stuff. I know I can never know for sure too.

• Haha 2

This story has something funny. I'm a very active reddit user and I remember when this was posted on /Ghosts reddit, everybody told the person that it looked like a person with a club/weapon/something that the owner should call the police and this person for whatever reason keep saying that it couldn't be a person that she/he was 100% it is a ghost and blah blah blah, everybody was like "dude, it may be a person entering your house, checking your stuff, you should call the police" and this person keep going on and on about that what you see is a ghost.

So, other users in the sub (thank god for these) started asking her/him the original raw footage for further examination, they keep telling him/her to upload it to google drive and suddenly OP deletes the video and never answered anyone else about the original footage. Then appears somewhere else saying that "we were harassed by people not believing our ghost story".

In my experience, in most ghost/paranormal subs people would do anything for karma or 5 minutes e-fame. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

A crappy video of someone peaking into a room zero to suggest otherwise.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MrBene said:

This story has something funny. I'm a very active reddit user and I remember when this was posted on /Ghosts reddit, everybody told the person that it looked like a person with a club/weapon/something that the owner should call the police and this person for whatever reason keep saying that it couldn't be a person that she/he was 100% it is a ghost and blah blah blah, everybody was like "dude, it may be a person entering your house, checking your stuff, you should call the police" and this person keep going on and on about that what you see is a ghost.

So, other users in the sub (thank god for these) started asking her/him the original raw footage for further examination, they keep telling him/her to upload it to google drive and suddenly OP deletes the video and never answered anyone else about the original footage. Then appears somewhere else saying that "we were harassed by people not believing our ghost story".

I remember that reddit thread. It struck me that you guys were telling her to call the police from a then old event. She had checked herself at the time and found no one. This event was over long before it was ever posted. The OP got fed up and left the thread.

6 hours ago, MrBene said:

In my experience, in most ghost/paranormal subs people would do anything for karma or 5 minutes e-fame. 

In my opinion most people on the internet are just being honest with this stuff and don't appreciate having their honesty and intelligence insulted. 

Edited by papageorge1

"Yog Sothoth save me, the three-lobed burning eye!"

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, the13bats said:

A crappy video of someone peaking into a room zero to suggest otherwise.

Except she searched and found no one is at least a suggestion otherwise.

Edited by papageorge1

3 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Except she searched and found no one is at least a suggestion otherwise.

Hear say, unbiased person didnt research it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1