Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Eerie 'tentacled' figure appears in doorway

UM-Bot

On 11/24/2020 at 3:24 AM, papageorge1 said:

I remember that reddit thread. It struck me that you guys were telling her to call the police from a then old event. She had checked herself at the time and found no one. This event was over long before it was ever posted. The OP got fed up and left the thread.

In my opinion most people on the internet are just being honest with this stuff and don't appreciate having their honesty and intelligence insulted. 

I have been on the internet since pretty much its birth. I can understand that if you're new to the internet you can be this naive, but in a huge sub, with lots of skeptics that are going to ask for further details and footage you gotta be ready. She/He got fed up only because we were not agreeing with what she was saying, she wanted to send this video to media (she did) and have some kind of repercusion. If you send this to media and they check the thread you would see that 90% of the posters were saying clearly that is not a ghost or a monster. It doesn't look good for OP, that's why she decided to move her non sense to other place.

Now, I don't want to quote this all the time but if you go somewhere (like probably #1 reddit sub for ghosts) and make an extraordinary claim (because this is an extraordinary claim) you gotta show extraordinary proof. That video isn't. Honesty has nothing to do and on the internet, in general, honesty is just something that doesn't add much to this topic. Sorry but let's get rid of the human aspect of this and let's discuss things in the most objective way possible. She posted a video, we told her what it is, she didn't agree, she left the sub. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MrBene said:

Now, I don't want to quote this all the time but if you go somewhere (like probably #1 reddit sub for ghosts) and make an extraordinary claim (because this is an extraordinary claim) you gotta show extraordinary proof.

Now let me point out your logical fallacies. What extraordinary claim did she make? She posted a video without having given us a conclusion. That is not a claim! 

What happened is that she posted a video with mysterious seeming content for feedback. The anti-ghost crowd got all riled up and started attacking her (and even berating her for not calling the police on a now past event) because it appears even possible ghost videos set off a fight reflex in the anti-ghost crowd. What further happened is that the anti-ghost crowd got rude and insistent so she said 'I don't need this'.

• 1 month later...

Garbage video.

What a worthless video. It shows more artifact than substance.