Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

‘Creature’s decapitated head’ in baby food

Eldorado

A mum has claimed she discovered a 'creature's decapitated head' in a container of Asda baby food, which her one-year-old had already started eating.

Macala Large, 26, fed her son Arthur Smith an Asda Little Angels Organic Pasta with Chicken and Mushroom ready meal for dinner after a long day out.

However, as he finished the dish she noticed what she thought was a piece of dried mushroom at the bottom of the pot - only to realise it was what appeared to be a brown head with two bulbous 'eyes'.

Full monty at Lad Bible: Link

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

what appeared to be a brown head with two bulbous 'eyes'.

That's a bit racist!  :o

• Haha 3

Seriously, though.....

I don't think anyone could be harmed by eating that. It's gonna be well cooked, and it's unlikely to have any dangerous bones.

The worst thing about it is, it's not listed on the ingredients!  (Like the Horse Meat "scandal" a few years back)

• Sad 1

Its an obvious insect head, looks like a cockroach or grasshopper. What kind of idiot thinks its a "fish, frog, snake, newt or lizard"?

Gross, but bugs get into food sometimes.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Either that person has Trump's missing share of hands, or that 'thing' is miniscule.

We eat bugs in our food all the time, and there are even allowed amounts!

In the US, the law allows up to 30 insect fragments per 100 grams of peanut butter; 60 insect fragments per 100 grams of chocolate; and up to 100 per 10 grams of nutmeg. The US also allows worms and caterpillars in food products. However, there are rules.

Edited by acute
  • Haha 3

looks like a tadpole ...... although what a little taddy would be doing there is a bit of a weird one

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/3/2020 at 2:21 PM, jmccr8 said:

When I worked at the brewery one of my jobs was inspecting the full bottles for cracks, chips and dead mice.

jmccr8

Did you ever find any dead mice in the bottles?

21 hours ago, Eldorado said:

Did you ever find any dead mice in the bottles?

Hi Eldorado

Yes many times because many bottles were picked from roadsides as drivers and passengers would throw them out of the window into the ditches and some parents would drive slow on the shoulder while their children would pick them to sell back.

jmccr8

• Like 1

On 11/17/2020 at 12:59 AM, moonman said:

Its an obvious insect head, looks like a cockroach or grasshopper. What kind of idiot thinks its a "fish, frog, snake, newt or lizard"?

Gross, but bugs get into food sometimes.

The same idiots who realize those aren't compound eyes. 

• Like 1

It is also possible this is a hoax where the mother hopes to get a big monetary settlement by claiming to be 'traumatized' or something.

On 11/16/2020 at 11:59 PM, moonman said:

....What kind of idiot thinks its a "fish, frog, snake, newt or lizard"?

This 'idiot' right here....:yes:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

i got a whole tub of things that look like that there roasted crickets the ones i bought are called six legged superfood btw if you havn't tried them,do it the're really tasty

On 12/15/2020 at 2:19 PM, Matt221 said:

i got a whole tub of things that look like that there roasted crickets the ones i bought are called six legged superfood btw if you havn't tried them,do it the're really tasty

Crickets are pretty good but the smell makes me gag. 

• Haha 1

On 12/13/2020 at 9:12 PM, Bendy Demon said:

It is also possible this is a hoax where the mother hopes to get a big monetary settlement by claiming to be 'traumatized' or something.

This 'idiot' right here....:yes:

I didn't notice any pictures of the head directly in the food, so it could have come from somewhere else.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2020 at 4:59 PM, HandsomeGorilla said:

The same idiots who realize those aren't compound eyes. 

And you can tell that from these pictures...how, exactly? Here's a cockroach:

500_F_159190474_xZzviQi5l32lJEemNjj2sziu

Smooth, black eyes - just like this thing. Add to the fact this was cooked and could have who knows what effect on final appearance. ALSO add the fact that bugs end up in food ALL THE TIME, so much so that there are federal guidelines to how many insects are allowed to be present in foodstuffs - not so much lizards or fish or snakes.

Assuming this isn't a hoax and it was actually found in the food, this is 100% insect of some type.

Edited by moonman

6 hours ago, moonman said:

And you can tell that from these pictures...how, exactly? Here's a cockroach:

500_F_159190474_xZzviQi5l32lJEemNjj2sziu

Smooth, black eyes - just like this thing. Add to the fact this was cooked and could have who knows what effect on final appearance. ALSO add the fact that bugs end up in food ALL THE TIME, so much so that there are federal guidelines to how many insects are allowed to be present in foodstuffs - not so much lizards or fish or snakes.

Assuming this isn't a hoax and it was actually found in the food, this is 100% insect of some type.

The head in the baby food had a pupil not a pseudopupil,so was not an insect.