Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Georgia Bible that oozed oil

Eldorado

On Monday night, as they did most evenings, Johnny and a small, informal prayer group met to pray in the backroom of a small Christian gift shop called Grace 251. Johnny’s girlfriend, Leslie, was there, along with her father, John Barker, and their friend Jerry Pearce and his wife, Joyce.They usually broke up by 8:30, but on this night they kept praying until after midnight.

At one point, Jerry fell down on the floor for 45 minutes in a kind of catatonic state that he describes as being “out in the Spirit.” Within a few days, he told me, he opened his Bible to Psalm 39—an uneasy poem of both praise and gloom that includes the words “every man at his best state is but vapor”—and noticed a small spot of oil. Joyce assured him the grandkids hadn’t been near the book. It could only have come from God.

From then on, more oil appeared almost every time Jerry picked up the Bible, a leather-bound copy of the New King James translation.

Full lengthy article at Slate magazine: Link

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

I stopped at "gift shop" which means selling stuff which means attention gets more customers and makes the shop more $$$

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I hate to say it but if God wanted to send a message to us it wouldn’t be with these two clowns. Religion has a funny way of making some people rich. I’m located in Ga and have seen my share of this. From the lady in Conyers who claimed to have seen the Virgin Mary. She made a shrine out of that property and used all the money she made and bought a big nice house down the road. My mother was Catholic and my Grandma I had to take them there several times. I’m religious to a point and I never seen anything there but old people falling for it. Take that Bible and put it between two blocks of wood and park a truck on it for a few hours. Then put it in a clean container and kick back and watch it. It’s oil when the pages get warm it will ooze oil until it’s gone and that could take years to drain out. The longer it takes and the more chances they get to submerge it in oil to reload it the more money they make.

• Thanks 1