Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The hand of God

Darren Smith

My Wife and I spent my 40th in Corfu one of the Greek islands. It was our first Holiday together abroad in the sun and we were incredibly excited.

My Wife is severely disabled and in a wheelchair but that did not stop us from sitting by the pool sunbathing. After our day we went back to our hotel room to shower and i noticed something very odd on my Wife's back. A very big hand print. I put my hand up next to it, and it was much much larger than mine, and no body had touched her. It was a complete mystery, that we now call the hand of God. I have two pictures if you would like to see them showing the hand on her back.

DSCF0483-min.jpg

57 minutes ago, jethrofloyd said:

Oh my gosh I remember that channel, I haven't seen it in forever

• Like 1

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

Press hand into sunburn for 5 seconds, then take picture. Post on internet as "hand of god". 

Next.

That's what I was thinking.

Welcome to the forum @Darren Smith.  I hope your wife did not suffer too badly from her sunburn.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Darren Smith said:

Sorry, not me... the hand was much bigger than mine..

So, maybe when you went to get a drink someone walked by and hit your wife on the back.  If it were the hand of god she would be healed wouldn't she?  I think you made this up.  I have had sunburns and spent time with cousins where we all had sunburns and pushed our hand on their back so we all had that hand print.  If that hand print is bigger than yours you  must have really small hands.

• Like 4

The hand that was put on her back had sunscreen on it. That's why the area is pale.

Don't tell me God has sunscreen on his hands.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, zep73 said:

The hand that was put on her back had sunscreen on it. That's why the area is pale.

Don't tell me God has sunscreen on his hands.

I guess you have never had a sunburn either.  There was no sunscreen on that hand print.

9 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I guess you have never had a sunburn either.  There was no sunscreen on that hand print.

Doesn't mean that it didn't soak into her skin. This is still fake regardless.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Doesn't mean that it didn't soak into her skin. This is still fake regardless.

Rigjht.  :lol:

Does the lighter spot match the pattern on the chairs you were sitting on? Maybe someone was using a container of spray-on sunscreen and accidentally sprayed a shot of sunscreen on the chair that your wife later sat on, and it adhered to her skin. 

15 hours ago, Darren Smith said:

Sorry, not me... the hand was much bigger than mine..

A lot of Greek gigolos over there. 

Case closed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Dont  let some of the sceptics get you down. The y cant help themselves  :) 

i do suspect it had a natural explanation but i accept it is an honest and bewildering  case for you and your wife eg not faked or made up.

For a start it is too simple a thing to make a post on unexplained mysteries about  UNLESS to you it is an unexplained mystery  

work it through logically as best you can eg how long was it visible for ?

Is it really hand shaped in detail or is that just a case of seeing something which looks like a hand ?

You say it  is  bigger than your hand. It actually looks too big to be a human hand unless your wife is quite small It appears to be the imprint of a right hand face down or a left hand if face up,

but, to be honest, the more i look at it the less it really looks like a hand  There is just something about the relative proportions and shading which gives me pause 

on the other hand if it was caused by suntan cream some of the shadowed parts are where the cream would not have touched her body eg centre of palm and finger arches.

Very interesting, and something new and different,  in any case 

ps using some of my palmistry skills, i would say that the owner of the hand was someone with creative/artistic skills, such as music, writing  or painting,  rather than a manual worker  

It looks more like a woman's hand than a man's. (long slender fingers compared to relative palm size) Although this is bit hard to determine from the photo 

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Haha 2

On 11/21/2020 at 7:42 AM, Mr Walker said:

Dont  let some of the sceptics get you down. The y cant help themselves  :) 

i do suspect it had a natural explanation but i accept it is an honest and bewildering  case for you and your wife eg not faked or made up.

For a start it is too simple a thing to make a post on unexplained mysteries about  UNLESS to you it is an unexplained mystery  

work it through logically as best you can eg how long was it visible for ?

Is it really hand shaped in detail or is that just a case of seeing something which looks like a hand ?

You say it  is  bigger than your hand. It actually looks too big to be a human hand unless your wife is quite small It appears to be the imprint of a right hand face down or a left hand if face up,

but, to be honest, the more i look at it the less it really looks like a hand  There is just something about the relative proportions and shading which gives me pause 

on the other hand if it was caused by suntan cream some of the shadowed parts are where the cream would not have touched her body eg centre of palm and finger arches.

Very interesting, and something new and different,  in any case 

ps using some of my palmistry skills, i would say that the owner of the hand was someone with creative/artistic skills, such as music, writing  or painting,  rather than a manual worker  

It looks more like a woman's hand than a man's. (long slender fingers compared to relative palm size) Although this is bit hard to determine from the photo 

:blink:

10 hours ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

:blink:

Confused?

I was just pointing out that, while there are strong opinions on both sides, some people keep an open mind, and look at individual cases, and their evidences,  one at a time . 

And yes, I( inherited some palmistry skills and training from  my  mother's gypsy ancestry   :) and use them for non profit causes and entertainment .

Edited by Mr Walker