Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Old fragment of Pacific Ocean found buried

Still Waters

Scientists have identified an old piece of the Pacific Ocean – the ancient remains of its long-ago seabed – extending hundreds of miles underneath China, as it is pulled downward into Earth's mantle transition zone.

This rocky slab that used to line the bottom of the Pacific is a relic of the oceanic lithosphere, the outermost layer of Earth's surface, composed of the crust and the solid outermost parts of the upper mantle.

The lithosphere isn't always destined to enjoy the views up top, however. The upper surface layer is composed of several fragmented tectonic plates, which slowly move and shift around at the surface, occasionally running into each other.

In a new study, scientists from China and the US have now witnessed this epic phenomenon taking place at greater depths than ever before observed.

https://www.sciencealert.com/ancient-fragment-of-the-pacific-ocean-found-buried-400-miles-below-china

• Like 4

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

Lemuria?

- Lemuria was supposedly in the Indian ocean.

Lemuria never existed. It was proposed to account for similarities between animals in Madagascar and India. Today we know its because os plate tectonics.

So the answer to your question is no.

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy

4 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

- Lemuria was supposedly in the Indian ocean.

Lemuria never existed. It was proposed to account for similarities between animals in Madagascar and India. Today we know its because os plate tectonics.

So the answer to your question is no.

I was already aware of your comments. The controversial  Lemuria I am talking about is in the Pacific Ocean and had a lost civilization whose existence is supported also by psychic sources today. It is a source of confusion that the same name (Lemuria) is used for both concepts.

6 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I was already aware of your comments. The controversial  Lemuria I am talking about is in the Pacific Ocean and had a lost civilization whose existence is supported also by psychic sources today. It is a source of confusion that the same name (Lemuria) is used for both concepts.

Dont you mean Mu ? 

That one was entirely made up from the start. Atleast Lemuria started out as a legitimate hyphothesis before we knew about plate tectonics. 

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Dont you mean Mu ? 

That one was entirely made up from the start. Atleast Lemuria started out as a legitimate hyphothesis before we knew about plate tectonics. 

Mu is another name for what I’m talking about. It may be sitting under China now.

On 11/17/2020 at 7:15 PM, papageorge1 said:

Mu is another name for what I’m talking about. It may be sitting under China now.

Maybe that's where Blavatski and Churchward are hanging out too.